Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The story behind your name

Started by lukas989, Apr 28, 2011, 11:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bodywars9000

Hey good job bitching out of the argument.....just kidding. Look man, i'm all about burying the hatchet too. The one thing i will say is that i did not choose to have anxiety, and have overcome a great deal of it. It's mostly subsided.  I find it very rude and inaccurate of you to attempt to connect someone's unwilling psychological condition to their level of "manliness". I have more replies to the new comments you made, and i still think you're basically an asshole, but i digress. Confident dick is somewhat fitting, though i'd prefer "over-confident dick". However i suppose if we can agree on at least one thing, i'm happy that it can be that this has gone on long enough. I just feel you shouldn't be so quick to judge and label, but that's only my opinion. You have your opinions as well. I was just insulted since i know the story to be accurate. Any bashing you want to do against me personally wouldn't really phase me under normal conditions, but alot of my anger was directed toward your blind doubt, and your smug sureness of what is only your opinion. After that shit snowballs. I don't fit into a box either, especially one labeled liar. For the record i regard exaggeration as being the same as lying.

bodywars9000

Quote from: shine down unshy on May 01, 2011, 12:29 AM
I've come to like Trey.  He might be a giant asshole, but he proves a point.  Believe me, he takes some getting used to but you'll eventually warm up to him.

I don't hold grudges, it's all good. I've read posts where i've agreed with his opinions, or others where he did make some good points using flat facts. Though he is definitely a rabble rouser in my opinion, and it gets annoying after seeing like the millionth argument he's in at any given time, i don't think it's a coincidence, and I don't think anyone enjoys being directly attacked.  Lastly I find it diificult to warm up to someone that seems to have the heart of an ice cube.

I won't apologize to him, but i am sorry for anyone else that had to read all that crap, his and mine. Unless they enjoyed it in which case, you're welcome. :)

Anyways other than all that b.s. i like this thread. What's the meaning behind your name? Just kidding lol

Variable

I honestly can't remember at all why I chose this name.  I'm almost positive that it had nothing to do with its actual mathematical meaning though. I picked this name back on the old official deftones board but didn't really ever use it because everyone knew me under a different name. Then I just used this name when I registered here. 

Ironically though, one of my favorite things to say when I'm giving classes on how to prepare for missions is " control the variables that you can control" it makes me smirk a little bit. 

BillyNo.9

Quote from: shine down unshy on May 01, 2011, 12:29 AM
I've come to like Trey.  He might be a giant asshole, but he proves a point.  Believe me, he takes some getting used to but you'll eventually warm up to him.

Yup

lostpilot

Trey is an educated arrogant dick.

That does not change the fact that he fascinates me with his strength and motivation as a person and that I do love him in a creepy internet way.

blixa

Quote from: Variable on May 01, 2011, 03:00 AM
I can proudly say that I never used KaZaa.

oh man, i stole so much music off kazaa. it's so old school.

devilinside

Quote from: lostpilot on May 01, 2011, 11:17 AM
That does not change the fact that he fascinates me with his strength and motivation as a person and that I do love him in a creepy internet way.

LOL....we all love us some Trey.

chick de la lynch

Quote from: blixa on May 01, 2011, 01:22 PM
Quote from: Variable on May 01, 2011, 03:00 AM
I can proudly say that I never used KaZaa.

oh man, i stole so much music off kazaa. it's so old school.

Haha, same here! I'm surprised I never got sued for piracy.

defskull

I joined this place around the time that the cover art of self-titled was released. It had a skull on the cover. It was Deftones. Deftones + Skull = Defskull. It's pretty stupid now and I'm pretty sure I thought it was pretty stupid then. But it's my moniker in a lot of different places so...hooray!

deftones_161

Quote from: from_musings on Apr 28, 2011, 01:10 PM
i always wondered about the member name "deftones_161" what IS that number

the 161 used to be my house number growing up

lukas989

Quote from: deftones_161 on May 02, 2011, 12:48 AM
Quote from: from_musings on Apr 28, 2011, 01:10 PM
i always wondered about the member name "deftones_161" what IS that number

the 161 used to be my house number growing up

Heh - kinda like mine really...it could be an exciting story but it turns out to be ho hum.

lithium

one of nirvana's many singles
💩

BillyNo.9

Livewire

Livewire is my superhero identity.  If you need anymore details on that I will be happy to provide them.

lukas989

Quote from: Livewire on May 04, 2011, 11:43 PM
Livewire is my superhero identity.  If you need anymore details on that I will be happy to provide them.

Please do.