Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Crazylegs' album of the week.

Started by Crazylegs, May 01, 2011, 05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theis

I'm always up for some good ol' sludgeiness.

*clicks*

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

DaniknifeParty Ænema

until now you and theis are my favorite, i love motorpsycho, i will contribute to this topic, i will create one too.

He had a lot to say...
He had a lot of nothing to say.

Crazylegs

Neil Young - On the Beach (1974)

genre: rock, singer/songwriter

Once again i upload something that all of you should've already heard, but just in case you haven't, now's a good time to catch up on some fucking legendary music. This is my absolute favorite album by Neil Young and also in my top 10 of all time. I was a latecomer to Neil Young's music myself and early on i just listened to Harvest and After the Gold Rush over and over (which i guess are the most popular albums), and i fucking fell in love with those two, but over time On the Beach has become the one i spin the most. I'm not too good on describing what it sounds like so if you haven't already heard it, give it a spin. Or at least check out the youtube clips below.

Sounds like:
Revolution Blues - Neil Young

Neil Young - On The Beach

Click the picture for the download link.

Crazylegs

Crazylegs

I'm not uploading anything now, but i just got to let you know about this artist my friend showed me. I don't know if you're aware of him/them already, but Connan Mockasin is the bee's knees.  I'd describe the sound as a pretty dreamy and psychedelic, but what do i know. Just check these clips out. I can't decide which of these songs is my favorite.

Connan Mockasin - Faking Jazz Together (Official Video)
CONNAN MOCKASIN - It's Choade My Dear

Crazylegs

lostpilot

Crazylegs

Connan is awesome, dude. I still haven't heard all of Caramel actually, but this one and "I'm the man that will find you" are groovy as fack!

lostpilot

Crazylegs

I just had to make a new post in my regular thread, because lately i've been in love with this album:

D'Angelo & the Vanguard - Black Messiah (2014)

D'Angelo and The Vanguard - Ain't That Easy

You've probably seen it around. From what i've seen it's only gotten great reviews, and it's not without good reason. I didn't include it on my albums of the year list because i was pretty hesitant to listen to it (i always thought D'Angelo seemed quite the knob, and dismissed him as your average r'n'b artist, though i never listened to him), before recently when i decided that all this praise had to mean something. And it fucking does. This is now my definite favorite album from last year, man.

I can't quite explain what makes it so appealing. The instrumentation and production is so fucking tight, yet really organic. The opener (the video i posted on top here) is a perfect introduction to the whole thing i think. The slightly syncopated groove, the fucking ridiculous layered vocal harmonies, the dirty riff.
I don't know if a lot of you are into funk/soul stuff, but i'd advice you to give it a change even if you aren't.

BEST album of 2014! You can listen to it in it's entirety on youtube by the way.

Penicks

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: Penicks on May 05, 2016, 08:37 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHeW9_hXAg

figured you'd like this

Holy shit!  This is fantastic!  Never heard of these guys before, but I am really digging this album....
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Penicks

belgium represent motherfucka

but yeah, their entire discography is worth a listen, it's amazing how mature they sound in even their earliest crap when they were still kids

Crazylegs

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: Penicks on May 11, 2016, 12:13 AM
belgium represent motherfucka

but yeah, their entire discography is worth a listen, it's amazing how mature they sound in even their earliest crap when they were still kids

It reminds me of like a combination of Intronaut and Mastodon... only more interesting than either of them!  I'm so happy you showed me this.  Ordered the vinyl already on Amazon Prime lol.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
3/8/13 - House of Blues
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Crazylegs

Quote from: Penicks on May 05, 2016, 08:37 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHeW9_hXAg

figured you'd like this

The first song wasn't to my liking at all, but things are looking up a few tunes into it. I hear parts oceansize ("principal features of the cult" at times sounds just like them), cult of luna, yob, mastodon, deftones. All sorts of shit i love. Sounds really good, but there's something i can't quite put my finger on that doesn't sit that well with me. They're trying a little too hard to rock, and it's a little overly elaborate for my taste at times. With some of these riffs these guys have, they should just allow them do the work.

Will be interested to hear more from them though.

illthrowROCKS@U

So I did an image search on them and this came up...

They're officially my new obsession!  Also, holy shit they're young as fuck!
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
3/8/13 - House of Blues
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
5/17/22 - The Anthem

blixa

totally unrelated, crazylegs, but i think i found you on facebook. by accident of course...