Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stunt-r

cmon...somebody surely knows how to do this, or capture the image from the video.

spitfire

Deftones - My Own Summer (Video) and press printscreen on keyboard and ctrl+v on paint or whatever. or pick up your DVD of B-side and Rarities and do the same.

one weak

i heard it was a metaphor that chino thought that dirty pigs were super pretty and shit.

wish i could help you bro, but i gotta run get my new ink: chino flying thru space in the HITE vid. gonna be radz.

spitfire

Quote from: one weak on Aug 05, 2011, 06:53 AM
i heard it was a metaphor that chino thought that dirty pigs were super pretty and shit.

wish i could help you bro, but i gotta run get my new ink: chino flying thru space in the HITE vid. gonna be radz.

the breakdancers while the band playing in Mein would be better

jbmp1390

Dude you just made my entire week, possibly my year. so fucking funny

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

stunt-r

Wait...thats chino? I thought that was just some fat mexican guy they got to replace him for a short time. lol

Balthazard

Hey just found this online , a list of top 10 deftones songs
i dont think anyone will agree with them .. anyway check it out

http://www.ology.com/music/listology-10-best-deftones-songs-so-far

One_Weak

Quote from: stunt-r on Aug 04, 2011, 06:40 PM
Also, what the hell does that mean? I have just wanted to get it for so long because that's the song that sucked me into the Deftones craze, and I figured it would be funny to put the pig with the tiara, and the shark sneakin up in the background.

Thanks guys.

same, that's the song that got me into them, and from that somehow Diamond Eyes (album) haha but ... I really have no clue what it means. that video is beyond ambiguous to me lol, but that does sound like it would look like a pretty tight tattoo. good luck, I can't imagine doing anything other than snipping the frame from the YT video, unless like you said it's too fast
Biggest Musical revelation in my life so far: Deftones indulgence in August 2010 thanks to Diamond Eyes album (despite faves being Adrenaline & ATF). Been obsessed ever since. First concert for them in Baltimore 5/17, fucking aweso\m/e

asshole

dont know if this was talked about before... and didnt feel like starting a thread... so fuck it... in the end of 976-evil... i hear what kinda sounds to me the beginning of a song and its not this place is death... it kinda sounds like diamond eyes... but then again it doesnt... anyone else noticed this??
I love me some Vinyl.

Follow Me under #Adamogreat
Your Lucky Your Kinda Cute.. Taste Like Juicy Fruit...

ponyx

yea it does sound like diamond eyes

asshole

was there ever a different track list for the album?
I love me some Vinyl.

Follow Me under #Adamogreat
Your Lucky Your Kinda Cute.. Taste Like Juicy Fruit...

lahemi

Always thought the same thing, and I always wanted to check if it's possible to crop just the right amount of silence from between those tracks to make the transition perfect, but oh well, laziness. But since you've posted it, I finally did it, and here is what I came up with: http://snd.sc/ncGtF0
You can still hear when 976 ends and Diamond Eyes starts, but yeah, same sound... No wait, what was the reason I did it? Oh yeah, too lazy to masturbate. Fucking Insomia.

One_Weak

Quote from: lahemi on Aug 11, 2011, 03:14 AM
Always thought the same thing, and I always wanted to check if it's possible to crop just the right amount of silence from between those tracks to make the transition perfect, but oh well, laziness. But since you've posted it, I finally did it, and here is what I came up with: http://snd.sc/ncGtF0
You can still hear when 976 ends and Diamond Eyes starts, but yeah, same sound... No wait, what was the reason I did it? Oh yeah, too lazy to masturbate. Fucking Insomia.

WIN.

yeah, I've always thought that too 'asshole', I never eradicated my curse of laziness though to actually splice them. well done, lahemi, I actually couldn't tell, I thought it was near-perfect transition. that had to have been done on purpose by them.

fuck. now I want to listen to DE
Biggest Musical revelation in my life so far: Deftones indulgence in August 2010 thanks to Diamond Eyes album (despite faves being Adrenaline & ATF). Been obsessed ever since. First concert for them in Baltimore 5/17, fucking aweso\m/e

Electron§

Anyone ever interview Chino about what the hell "When Girls Telephone Boys" is about?

One_Weak

Quote from: Electron§ on Aug 13, 2011, 06:37 AM
Anyone ever interview Chino about what the hell "When Girls Telephone Boys" is about?

I don't know, but personally, I thought it was one of their most simple songs. the whole "it's complicated" relationship between teenagers over the phone. or something like that. but if you mean on a more personal level, or maybe I'm misinterpreting it, then I dunno.

I'd like to hear what the fuck Lhabia is all about

TheSeeker1080

Quote from: One_Weak on Aug 14, 2011, 02:26 AM

I don't know, but personally, I thought it was one of their most simple songs. the whole "it's complicated" relationship between teenagers over the phone. or something like that. but if you mean on a more personal level, or maybe I'm misinterpreting it, then I dunno.

lhabia, labia, it should be about fucking.

from_musings

lhabia.. just a stupid working title, don't mean shit. don't mean shit=don't dig too deep. i also think wgtb is about arguing over the phone (chino and celeste) so that distorted effect on the vocals fits well... but he was about 30 back then so it isn't about teenagers in specific i think

Electron§

I wish there was some outtakes/demos from Self Titled. I love to hear more from that era.

Quote from: from_musings on Aug 14, 2011, 06:52 PM
lhabia.. just a stupid working title, don't mean shit. don't mean shit=don't dig too deep. i also think wgtb is about arguing over the phone (chino and celeste) so that distorted effect on the vocals fits well... but he was about 30 back then so it isn't about teenagers in specific i think
To me, that seems a little too obvious. Chino seems to be a little more metaphoric, especially with a song like this which seems so emotional. Also, several lyrics in the song seem to not agree with that theory. For example, "Yeah if you'd like that we can ride on a black horse. A great new wave hesperian death horse" (maybe this is a sign of progression in a previous bad situation dealt with during the last album which is still bothering Chino and has gotten worst? Going from a *White Pony* to a *Black Horse*?), "I hope we never do meet again" (which implies this person hes angry at is potentially someone he doesnt know very well and has met for the first time). "And her compacts carving deeper in your lap". (one thought i had on this idea was that maybe its a metaphor for sex with some girl who you think doesnt like you. your kind of using what shes doing during as a *compact*. A reflection of what she really thinks of you manifested in your intimacy with her?. Or vice versa.)

Quote from: TheSeeker1080 on Aug 14, 2011, 06:01 PM
Quote from: One_Weak on Aug 14, 2011, 02:26 AM

lhabia, labia, it should be about fucking.
"Lhabia" is a bit confusing to me. I thought it may be like both sides of a relationship between teenagers. The girl is resistant, potentially because of religion, ("It looks and feels great, but look at what its doing to you"), and the guy is the complete opposite ("Dying of boredom, i'll try it all").

One_Weak

Quote from: Electron§ on Aug 17, 2011, 01:13 PM
"Lhabia" is a bit confusing to me. I thought it may be like both sides of a relationship between teenagers. The girl is resistant, potentially because of religion, ("It looks and feels great, but look at what its doing to you"), and the guy is the complete opposite ("Dying of boredom, i'll try it all").

I never thought of that! Sounds interesting...
to me, I thought it might be about shooting up ("It looks and feels great, but look at what its doing to you" "I'll be phased as a crow" or 'faint' as some people have suggested), then several other people suggested rape, and although the lyrics might kinda make sense toward the latter, it just isn't their style. I dunno. I wish I knew everything he's saying between the main verses, all the mumbling

from_musings

Quote from: Electron§ on Aug 17, 2011, 01:13 PM
(maybe this is a sign of progression in a previous bad situation dealt with during the last album which is still bothering Chino and has gotten worst? Going from a *White Pony* to a *Black Horse*?)

i find it a little strange to sing about other records in new songs, doesn't seem like chino. but then again, i'll never been a fan of chino's lyrics that much and usually don't analyse them too much either... so i'll leave it to others as much as possible