Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lungdamage

i wouldn't want to lose my job over something like that.... don't really think it's worth it. i know for certain that in the next few days people will have these copies sitting there at work in the back room embargoed..... you could technically grab one and rip it onto your laptop. but other smaller places don't seem to care so when they get it they will put it up, a few days before.

lungdamage

the store my housemate works at is getting them in tomorrow.

edit: i'm in AU

RaptureWS

I have a hard time believing that it will stay sealed until the 9th. For one, Green Day leaked today. But mostly I just think it is imminent because at this point there are likely hundreds of people(maybe?) with the album and thousand of copies are pressed and sitting in boxes all over the world. If it does make it to the 9th then good for Deftones. They do deserve this and all, but a leak this late is unlikely to hurt album sales. It may even help boost first week sales through hype and the web buzz reinforcing the hope that this album will be outstanding. I had Saturday and Tuesday marked on my calendars. Those are my days off and I would have bet my life that I was going to spend one or both of those days jamming some new Deftones. Tis is life though.....
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

DAFTPUNK87

Quote from: lungdamage on Nov 06, 2012, 05:41 AM
i wouldn't want to lose my job over something like that.... don't really think it's worth it. i know for certain that in the next few days people will have these copies sitting there at work in the back room embargoed..... you could technically grab one and rip it onto your laptop. but other smaller places don't seem to care so when they get it they will put it up, a few days before.

Oh I agree. I wouldn't lose my job over it either, but it doesn't stop people from doing it before. Just find it funny that albums leak left and right, and the one that we all are dying to hear hasn't. Our kind of luck I suppose.

That's really cool that you're getting it early, or that store is at least. Will they be selling them tomorrow?

www.facebook.com/HXGRM              www.soundcloud.com/shpes

lungdamage

well they will def be in GER/AU/NZ store rooms by tomorrow (weds), rarely is it the day before (thurs), to be put out for sale on (fri morning)

lungdamage

for instance, if i could convince him, and it comes in tomorrow as planned, he could take his laptop to work and rip one (his words). but trust me that won't happen haha. so i'll just have a to wait a few days like everyone else.

he said he'll send me pics tomorrow to fuck me off tho...
but at that point if i'm at home i could threaten to kill his cat.. ;)

it's upon us though... not really much of a wait anyway

DAFTPUNK87

Quote from: lungdamage on Nov 06, 2012, 05:51 AM
for instance, if i could convince him, and it comes in tomorrow as planned, he could take his laptop to work and rip one (his words). but trust me that won't happen haha. so i'll just have a to wait a few days like everyone else.

he said he'll send my pics tomorrow to fuck me off tho

Word. Yea, I wasn't banking on it. Just curious if they actually put them out for sale early, or just keep them in the back.
One of my close friends is the Music Director at the local college radio station. She said they get their advance copies in tomorrow. If they have KNY she's going to give it to me, cause they don't play Deftones on the station anyways. But they get shit in all the time that they don't play.
So fingers crossed, but I'm not holding my breath. It'd be cool if she actually gets it in their shipment though.. wouldn't be the first time.

www.facebook.com/HXGRM              www.soundcloud.com/shpes

RaptureWS

I have long predicted that it would happen on one of my two days off around release. I will start believing in God if this shit leaks tomorrow.
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

lungdamage

Quote from: RaptureWS on Nov 06, 2012, 05:56 AM
I have long predicted that it would happen on one of my two days off around release. I will start believing in God if this shit leaks tomorrow.

(christopher hitchens reaction gif)

lungdamage

Quote from: DAFTPUNK87 on Nov 06, 2012, 05:55 AM
Quote from: lungdamage on Nov 06, 2012, 05:51 AM

he said he'll send my pics tomorrow to fuck me off tho

Word. Yea, I wasn't banking on it. Just curious if they actually put them out for sale early, or just keep them in the back.
One of my close friends is the Music Director at the local college radio station. She said they get their advance copies in tomorrow. If they have KNY she's going to give it to me, cause they don't play Deftones on the station anyways. But they get shit in all the time that they don't play.
So fingers crossed, but I'm not holding my breath. It'd be cool if she actually gets it in their shipment though.. wouldn't be the first time.

they get them in tomorrow (with other new realese's) - at that point they are put into a locker for a day, then they process the copies for display thursday afternoon.

edit: 'they aren't on display til fri'

lungdamage

the lock up bit is the embargo deal... they get fines for breaching it.

Playhouse

Pretty certain it will leak tomorrow. I also know a mate who works in jbhifi in aus, he said all stores get them either tonight or tomorrow.

lungdamage

Quote from: Playhouse on Nov 06, 2012, 06:04 AM
Pretty certain it will leak tomorrow. I also know a mate who works in jbhifi in aus, he said all stores get them either tonight or tomorrow.

yep same here...
he said tomorrow (or latest that EVER happens is thurs..) - but knowing the iron clad'ness of KNY ;)
..pretty sure it will be tomorrow though.

you in AU?

josh_axey

I'm in Aus and have the same verification from a JB worker.

The embargo fine however is going to be a large deterrent.

Playhouse

Quote from: lungdamage on Nov 06, 2012, 06:07 AM

yep same here...
he said tomorrow (or latest that EVER happens is thurs..) - but knowing the iron clad'ness of KNY ;)

you in AU?
sweet! yeah man im in syd, where you at?

only pieces remain

green day, christina aguilera leaked. now the new soundgarden is streaming on itunes for free, but still no kny, figures....

CliptheApex

Its crazy how fast information spreads these days....

lungdamage

Quote from: Playhouse on Nov 06, 2012, 06:09 AM
Quote from: lungdamage on Nov 06, 2012, 06:07 AM

yep same here...

you in AU?
sweet! yeah man im in syd, where you at?

was in syd recently for month...

in adelaide now

lungdamage

Quote from: only pieces remain on Nov 06, 2012, 06:09 AM
green day, christina aguilera leaked. now the new soundgarden is streaming on itunes for free, but still no kny, figures....
c'mon... it's kind of cool it hasn't leaked til the last second ;)

edit: and they beat everyone else's... so to me, they win.

laurapalmer

Quote from: only pieces remain on Nov 06, 2012, 06:09 AM

where is the soundgarden record?