Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hidalgo

i couldn't give 2 shits if he ever comes back. 1 less person whining about their newer albums. but mark my words, he'll be back. he can't get enough of the attention some of you give him, & i bet he reads all this suff everyday (probably comes back just to have a big psychotic spaz out on me for this, lol)

"wahhhh Chino didn't do my bidding wahhhhh", when he mostly talks shit about him & the band all the time, & run fans off raggin on the 2 newest albums. if i was in the band & knew about his constant trashing the band, there's no way i'd even talk to him let alone do requests for him. also, i don't know why he wanted to hear pink maggit from the 2013 verson of deftones that he doesn't like, he'd just whine & say it's not 2003 or whatever, not any good, butchered it, etc, whine whine whine

less negativity around this joint the better. just hope a few people step up & post interviews, etc

i'm about as big of a fan of deftones as it gets, but i really don't care much about a bunch of youtube videos

normsteez

What did Juan say on his facebook about V? Does anyone know?
May 28, 2000 HFSTIVAL
May 4, 2003 9:30 Club
Oct. 20, 2004 9:30 Club
March 2, 2006 9:30 Club
Dec. 4, 2006 9:30 Club
June 4, 2007 9:30 Club
September 2, 2010 Norva
May 15, 2011 Sonar
May 16, 2011 Sonar
October 26, 2012 Rams Head Live

http://normsteez.tumblr.com/

RoyBiggins

Big Roy a.k.a Chef Royardee just hit a scratch-off for $300. If you're feeling lucky, come and take Roy home. As for Vesanic, The Roy liked him, he was cool. I had trouble finding a quality version of a song and he sent it to me no problem. I wish him well.

musteatbrains

Ya'll are nuts.  These videos are property of Deftones, Warner, etc.  They are not V's to share in the first place.  Nor are they his to take away.  They're not his.  Ya'll give him way too much credit.  Yes, he shared tons of content (that wasn't his), but it's not like he was involved in the creation/production.  He didn't shoot the footage, he didn't perform the songs.  He just hung out in his basement and horded his way onto this board (and his blatant watermark was a testament to his true character/motives).  Most of that footage is out there, anyways.  The good stuff was 1997-2003, which is widely available elsewhere (i'm sure some of  you remember the good ol days of DC++).  There's no reason we can't start sharing it again without his wishful tyranny.  As far as I'm concerned, he was a virus in this community and did more harm than good. 

As far as he pissy fit he threw, everyone who called him childish is dead on.  Who knows what really went down with his "meeting" with the band.  And even if Chino did tell him yes, things change for various reasons.  Who knows why Chino said yes, but I'm sure it wasn't malicious.  For goodness sakes, V supposedly helped convince them play "Combat" and "Boys Republic."  But nothing's ever enough.  He expects them to be his personal jukebox, which is insane and shows how self-entitled he is.  He should just be grateful that he had the chance to kick it with the band, not at some fabricated meet and greet.  But no, that's not good enough either.  "Pink Maggit" - good song.  Life-saver?  Let's not be dramatic.  Life will go on with or without that song played live, but some people would rather just take their ball and go home.  Good riddance.

DeftonesNZ

Yea he acted a bit childlike about the Pink Maggit thing but there's other factors that contributed to him leaving, sad thing is most of his stuff is not available anywhere else and he also had of ton of unreleased stuff he was holding onto, but you have to give him some credit he was one of the few serious collectors that actually shared his stuff, he went through alot of effort getting those boots tracking down defunct production companies, doing trades and he probably spent money getting them ,it's not as simple as finding them on the internet and putting them up on Youtube ,I know other people have big collections but alot of collectors don't share and will only do trades, that stuff is not widely available he had 645 videos some of which were extremely rare and even if other copies of the shows are available they are not usually as good quality, he put alot of effort into finding the best source.

TheShade1989

I just think it's stupid. I completely understand why he'd be pissed off with Chino for lying to him about playing Pink Maggit. If the song is so personal to him, you would be pissed off someone in your favorite (or one of your favorite?) bands lied to your face, but that should be where it ends. Not ranting about how Chino's on-stage behavior has changed or the fans of changed. It's hardly the band's fault fans are different, and of course Chino's changed, he's older, ppl do change. Some ppl change only slightly, and some ppl change drastically. If someone doesnt like those changes, it sucks, but nothing to get pissed off about, especially since he's hated their past two albums and known about the repetitive setlists, but still decided to spend his time and money seeing them...and THEN complaining about it.

If ppl have been harassing him though, that really is fucked up and disgusting. I think his reaction was childish, but to get so involved in someone's life like that isnt just childish, it's also completely uncalled for.

shoop

V said that Stephen told him he couldn't get the right guitar tone for it in time. Not sure how that's on Chino. At least he said yes and i'm sure had intended to at least bring it up to the others to give it a shot. Who fucking cares. This whole thing is fucking retarded and way overly dramatic.

ponyx

Last week I sent my 13 year old cousin a list of songs I thought he would like (they were all deftones' heaviest songs) and today he told me he LOVED them. That made me so fucking happy...it's kinda hard getting someone to listen to them and actually have them become a fan, especially when all he would listen to is Drake, 2 chains and all that radio crap. I wish that when I was his age someone introduced me to them.

gwenudo

Quote from: ponyx on Feb 27, 2013, 03:21 AM
Last week I sent my 13 year old cousin a list of songs I thought he would like (they were all deftones' heaviest songs) and today he told me he LOVED them. That made me so fucking happy...it's kinda hard getting someone to listen to them and actually have them become a fan, especially when all he would listen to is Drake, 2 chains and all that radio crap. I wish that when I was his age someone introduced me to them.

Your a great cousin! Make him stop listening to that crap and vring on deftones and other amazing bands! *high fives* haha
Was it like it seemed?...

jaypayton

again, sharing youtube videos that are easily available elsewhere is not doing a great service to the community. he woul donly post 1 song of a rare show to entice traders to offer him rare shit in return, NOT to help out the casual fans lol....there were countless shows I asked him about, that he told me he had, that he downright refused to leak out or trade. i know of a couple faith no more shows he is hoarding, that he blatantly refused to leak out, even though he doesnt even like that band, and i told him by letting out that one particular FNM show, he would be doing a great service to the FNM trade scene which is INFESTED with hoarders...and he basically told me to go fuck myself unless I can offer him up some extremely rare impossible to find deftones vid from 1995 or some shit. the only way he was going to leak out that FNM show was if I find Chinos fucking home movies......

DJR

Caín

Quote from: normsteez on Feb 27, 2013, 12:42 AM

That's what I want to know.

Drop-Dead

Is this Deftones bullshit thread, or V's bullshit thread?
WTF you guys have to talk about a user that can't answer no more?!?!

Now's easy to talk about him because he's no moderator, but remember there are still people moderating this shit, and if you keep talking trash about him I'll start censoring this shit...he does not deserve that!

DeftonesNZ

Do it I don't think alot of people realise how much he gave this community,it's probably these same types of people who abused him before he went off the grid aswell.

DJR

I miss him :(

But thats just me...

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: DJR on Feb 27, 2013, 12:02 PM

But thats just me...
Nah me too especially with requests and stuff he was always super helpful and also extremely knowledgeable about other band related info.

DJR

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Feb 27, 2013, 12:07 PM
Quote from: DJR on Feb 27, 2013, 12:02 PM

But thats just me...
Nah me too especially with requests and stuff he was always super helpful and also extremely knowledgeable about other band related info.

As long as hes safe and doing ok, thats all that matters! Good Luck V wherever you are

luisch

Quote from: Drop-Dead on Feb 27, 2013, 10:59 AM
Is this Deftones bullshit thread, or V's bullshit thread?
WTF you guys have to talk about a user that can't answer no more?!?!

Now's easy to talk about him because he's no moderator, but remember there are still people moderating this shit, and if you keep talking trash about him I'll start censoring this shit...he does not deserve that!

Thank you, Nuno.
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

laurapalmer

Quote from: Caín on Feb 27, 2013, 10:28 AM

Yeah this is really the only part of the story that interests me.

gwenudo

Quote from: laurapalmer on Feb 27, 2013, 01:53 PM
Quote from: Caín on Feb 27, 2013, 10:28 AM

Yeah this is really the only part of the story that interests me.

Tried looking him up but im sure juan has his profile stuff on private.. wish i knew what he said..anybody know?
Was it like it seemed?...