Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

God

DeftonesNZ

It gets even worse I watched some of his other other video's, after seeing him lip syncing in that adult sized Iron Man suit I thought he was bad but you should see the videos were he actually sings and tries to act they're worse, especially since I think he is serious.

God

He is an actor. He is serious.
N0S3BLEED976 YOU SUCK for sharing this video.
You are worse than the guy that made the video.

sing blue silver

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: God on May 30, 2013, 03:23 PM
He is an actor. He is serious.
N0S3BLEED976 YOU SUCK for sharing this video.
You are worse than the guy that made the video.

Huh? I'm sorry if I offended you.

I thought that a guy in a poor Iron Man costume lip-syncing a Deftones song was indeed pretty weird and funny. Do you really think he's serious?

digital bath

sing blue silver

On a better note I know everyone lost their shit over this girl's cover of Be Quiet and Drive a while back and I've noticed she also did Change. I like it quite a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLpNyNL36gw

digital bath

Quote from: sing blue silver on May 30, 2013, 07:21 PM
On a better note I know everyone lost their shit over this girl's cover of Be Quiet and Drive a while back and I've noticed she also did Change. I like it quite a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLpNyNL36gw

omg (positive way!)

Penicks

Ponte506

Ugh...is there ever going to be a female cover of a Deftones song that doesn't try to inject semi-hipster Lana Del Ray and Colbie Caillat frog vocals?  As I've said before, this ranks almost just as bad as the countless latino cover vocalists that have shit vocals and even shittier English pronunciation. 

God

Quote from: Ponte506 on Jun 02, 2013, 05:17 PM
Ugh...is there ever going to be a female cover of a Deftones song that doesn't try to inject semi-hipster Lana Del Ray and Colbie Caillat frog vocals?  As I've said before, this ranks almost just as bad as the countless latino cover vocalists that have shit vocals and even shittier English pronunciation.

The smartest thing ever to come out of your mouth was a penis.

hi man

the movie this is the end had a clip of deftones hole in the earth

SwerveCityUSA

the wordplay on white pony is some of the best in the history of literature
I'm bringing it in with style myself you know it is with ease no sweat

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: SwerveCityUSA on Jun 14, 2013, 03:46 AM
I think that's far from the truth but I love those lyrics for there abstractness, every listener can detract their own meaning and it means people can really connect to the music because in their eyes the song is about something they are familiar with, but in reality it's probably not, White Pony's a great example of this because there is a ton of people who are all bonded to the same songs for such a wide scope of different reasons.

SwerveCityUSA

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Jun 14, 2013, 04:22 AM
Quote from: SwerveCityUSA on Jun 14, 2013, 03:46 AM
I think that's far from the truth but I love those lyrics for there abstractness, every listener can detract their own meaning and it means people can really connect to the music because in their eyes the song is about something they are familiar with, but in reality it's probably not, White Pony's a great example of this because there is a ton of people who are all bonded to the same songs for such a wide scope of different reasons.

Why far from the truth, because a professor of English didn't mention them? but yeah the rest I pretty much agree with.

I taste you much better off teeth taste of white skin on red leather check the claws we got night time cavity to come in downtown pony work your pitch / I came to in feathers like leaves and you rubbed me together with claws like we got night time cavity to come in downtown pony work your pitch / day time dancer I'll come inside got my teacher now carve your niche

DeftonesNZ

Well there's just a long list of people who do it better than them, Shakespeare is probably the king of it basically every line uses it to great effect.

sing blue silver

Saw this posted on reddit with the title "I make hash suckers for a local dispensary. Got my first 'celeb endorsement' this week."

chick de la lynch

Quote from: hi man on Jun 13, 2013, 09:34 PM
the movie this is the end had a clip of deftones hole in the earth

I'm just going to leave this here (From their Reddit AMA yesterday)

SwerveCityUSA

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Jun 15, 2013, 12:40 AM
Well there's just a long list of people who do it better than them, Shakespeare is probably the king of it basically every line uses it to great effect.

nah, Shakespeare is a bore, I'm sure he has better than what I've known, but I don't care much for what the partial college system has to say about much.

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: SwerveCityUSA on Jun 16, 2013, 04:46 AM
Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Jun 15, 2013, 12:40 AM

nah, Shakespeare is a bore, I'm sure he has better than what I've known, but I don't care much for what the partial college system has to say about much.
Yeah that's sad a lot of people find the language too daunting and get put off, also a lot of Shakespeare's word play is lost on modern readers but once you figure out the language his talent becomes apparent. All his work is full of clever puns and metaphors and he had a great understanding of human nature, the themes of his work are still relevant to modern society. Chino's still awesome though he actually writes a lot like Shakespeare, lots of metaphors and hidden meanings but with modern language.