Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Are the Deftones influenced by Radiohead in any way?

Started by exuled, Jul 19, 2011, 10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SquealLikeaPig

Quote from: therealdaebat on Nov 05, 2012, 01:55 PM
I'm a huge radiohead and deftones fan and I can say that they're just two different bands.  Radiohead is art and Deftones is music.  You jam to deftones and you listen to radiohead (pardon the shitty wording).  Just my opinion.

Agreed.  Radiohead = Genius.  Deftones= badass but not intellecually on the same plane as Radiohead.  Then again, few bands are.

CarloDefDonno

I think somehow Deftones were influenced by Radiohead's experimental side, actually Radiohead influenced a lot of bands.

QuoteRadiohead = Genius.  Deftones= badass but not intellecually on the same plane as Radiohead.

I don't really agree, Deftones music is as clever as Radiohead one.

xToxin

Deftones are mostly influenced by Mcdonalds, Burger King and Wendy's respectably. Chino himself has said this many, many times.

CarloDefDonno

Quote from: xToxin on Nov 07, 2012, 11:11 AM
Deftones are mostly influenced by Mcdonalds, Burger King and Wendy's respectably. Chino himself has said this many, many times.

Those are good influences too.

SquealLikeaPig

Quote from: CarloDefDonno on Nov 07, 2012, 11:08 AM
I think somehow Deftones were influenced by Radiohead's experimental side, actually Radiohead influenced a lot of bands.

QuoteRadiohead = Genius.  Deftones= badass but not intellecually on the same plane as Radiohead.

I don't really agree, Deftones music is as clever as Radiohead one.

Not even close dude.  Have you listened to all of Radiohead's stuff?  They have some stuff that just seems impossible to come up with.  Chino has said so himself.

CarloDefDonno

http://www.lastfm.it/user/CarloDeDonno
You can see here that I dig Radiohead stuff, especially their weirdest material. I think it's just a way of making music, it's clever and genius, but I don't think Deftones music is dumb, it's just less weird and complex, but their song feature an intelligent songwriting.

SquealLikeaPig

Quote from: CarloDefDonno on Nov 07, 2012, 02:30 PM
http://www.lastfm.it/user/CarloDeDonno
You can see here that I dig Radiohead stuff, especially their weirdest material. I think it's just a way of making music, it's clever and genius, but I don't think Deftones music is dumb, it's just less weird and complex, but their song feature an intelligent songwriting.

Maybe my post sounded like a dig at Deftones.  That wasn't the intent.  They are obviously intellegent and creative.  I just don't think they are on the same level as Radiohead.

CarloDefDonno

Quote from: SquealLikeaPig on Nov 07, 2012, 03:17 PM
Maybe my post sounded like a dig at Deftones.  That wasn't the intent.  They are obviously intellegent and creative.  I just don't think they are on the same level as Radiohead.

Maybe not. But music it's not just about complexity. However, I may not seem a fan of Radiohead, but I really love them anyway.

DeftonesNZ

I just think it's a perspective thing ,and also creativity and complexity shouldn't be grouped just because some is more complex is doesn't make it more creative for me radiohead doesn't make me feel anything and also i think a lot of people who listen to radiohead don't feel it either sadly for them they've become one of those band's that people say they like to seem interesting

976-EVIL

NO....Nine...nyet, me thinks this is a lie...i like Karma Police...

But DEFTONES Immitate no one...
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

SquealLikeaPig

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Nov 08, 2012, 07:18 AM
they've become one of those band's that people say they like to seem interesting

No, they are truely amazing.  Not caring for their style is one thing but if you are musically inclined at all, you have to give it up to those guys.  I'm not a huge fan of TY's voice but they are so good I can tolerate it.

DAFTPUNK87

I'm sure Chino and a few of the other members are fans of Radiohead's music.. but I gotta say, in no way are they "influenced" by them.
both Radiohead & Deftones are influencers of future bands and music.
They are both staples in the genres they represent.

www.facebook.com/HXGRM              www.soundcloud.com/shpes