Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Interest in Poltergeist Guitar Cover?

Started by Ponte506, Oct 21, 2012, 02:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponte506

So other than the fact that I'm waiting with all anticipation for the mythical "studio leak" of Poltergeist that keeps getting snatched up by Warner to actually materialize, I've been going over the live versions of this awesome song a few times, and I think I have most of it nailed. 

I'm curious as to if anyone would be interested in my posting up a cover video that would clearly show what I'm playing?  It'll be self made, meaning I'll have to perform the bass/drums...very crude.  But until I can get the studio track, it'll have to do.

To be quite honest, I haven't felt this much excitement for a studio version for a Deftones song since Rapture was called "FM".  Despite the giant sonic detour our boys have taken with "Leathers" and "Tempest" from their past work (not a bad thing), I honestly feel like "Poltergeist" is such an Around the Fur throwback, especially the guitar work. 

Like I said, let me know if there's interest. 

gwenudo

Quote from: Ponte506 on Oct 21, 2012, 02:24 AM
So other than the fact that I'm waiting with all anticipation for the mythical "studio leak" of Poltergeist that keeps getting snatched up by Warner to actually materialize, I've been going over the live versions of this awesome song a few times, and I think I have most of it nailed. 

I'm curious as to if anyone would be interested in my posting up a cover video that would clearly show what I'm playing?  It'll be self made, meaning I'll have to perform the bass/drums...very crude.  But until I can get the studio track, it'll have to do.

To be quite honest, I haven't felt this much excitement for a studio version for a Deftones song since Rapture was called "FM".  Despite the giant sonic detour our boys have taken with "Leathers" and "Tempest" from their past work (not a bad thing), I honestly feel like "Poltergeist" is such an Around the Fur throwback, especially the guitar work. 

Like I said, let me know if there's interest.

yea im pretty interested!! ive been trying to learn the song myself but its kinda hard with all the crappy quality peoples cameras have .. but i have somewhat of it down .. i even bought myself an 8 string guitar just to learn it right cause ive been using my 7 string and well ..it sounds all ehh ... but yea man im pretty interested in seeing a cover from you! good luck and have fun with it bro!
Was it like it seemed?...

TheShade1989

I dont get the comparison to ATF. Why does it remind you of it? That said, hell yes, that'd be awesome :D

deftoner664

I think we should just start a Deftones fan cover thread. But yes id love to see a version of poltergeist. Are you using a 6 or 7 string guitar?
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

Ponte506

7 string...Stephen Carpenter's SC 607-B to be exact :)

And as far as ATF goes, the guitar is crazy reminiscent of what Stef used to play, same with Chino's vocals. 

tarkil

I remember you did some great covers of songs from DE, so yeah, I'd definitely be interested !!

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

gwenudo

i remember seeing this thread... just wanted to say that i just submitted a TAB for poltergeist on Ultimate-guitar.. but itll take a couple of days to get posted .. if anybody is interested i can post the tab link here when my tab has been approved.. might help you guys learn the song.. i used an 8 string though tunned to drop E just like steff..

gwenudo

Xedora

Ponte if you want to send me some guitar and bass tracks I can give it a good mix and try and program the drums.

Xedora

maybe even throw on some vocals, though I dont sound a ton like chino

Ponte506

Well, tried uploading it and even though it's German release day, and they streamed their damn album up online...I got a "not in good standing" notice and the video is blocked world wide, despite giving Deftones and Warner Bros full credit...

Hopefully my dispute will go through. 

jciraheta

i want the tab for romantic dreams

gwenudo

Quote from: jciraheta on Nov 09, 2012, 02:28 AM
i want the tab for romantic dreams

working on that right now actually. i can play it and i have a video for it ..i would upload to youtube but its such a hassle. but im writing a tab for it right now as we speak