Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones heaviest tracks?

Started by Rats!Rats!Rats!, Dec 12, 2011, 07:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbmp1390

I think it's obviously WGTB, but TO ME, Lotion is the heaviest. Even after so many years of hearing it that song just get's me so fucking amped! AHHHHHH!!!! lol

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

sing blue silver

I'll do two lists. heaviest song on an album emotionally and then heaviest song on each album in terms of smashing the shit out of drums and loud ass guitars.

Emotionally heavy songs:
Adrenaline - fist
Around the fur - headup OR mascara
White pony - pink maggit
Deftones - deathblow
SNW - rivière
DE - there are no emotionally heavy songs. Maybe risk but its a pop album plain and simple. Something fun to put on when kicking it with your friends. Maybe risk because its about chi or this place is death. The lyrics on this album are more about creating an atmosphere, mood an imagery that is generally positive or myterious. Certainly nothing that really hits you in your soul. Not for me anyway. Still love the album though.

Now for the straight up loud:
Adrenaline - engine no. 9 (dat shit don't quit!)
Around the fur - Damone
White pony - elite
Deftones - when girls telephone boys
SNW - rats! rats! rats!
DE - again, it's a pop album. There are no loud crushing brutal songs. That 10 seconds in Royal is as close as it gets.

VictorPL

um.....  how is the live version of finger of death not on here? does it not count? that is the heaviest shit they ever put out imo. that song is so fucking brutal.

gui

Quote from: sing blue silver on Oct 20, 2012, 06:06 PM

DE - again, it's a pop album. There are no loud crushing brutal songs. That 10 seconds in Royal is as close as it gets.

Rocket Skate is not heavy or loud at all? Not even musically?
Prince is pretty heavy too, even emotionally. It's probably the less poppy song of them all.

ominousnimbus

I guess I let screaming vocals influence me too much, because to me, each record since WP has had a token heavy song... and they all sound fairly similar to one another in spirit, to my ears.

WP: Elite
ST: WGTB
SNW: Rapture and Rats!
DE: CMND/CTRL
KNY: Poltergeist (and others?)

There are definitely other heavy ones like Lotion, Hexagram, and Rocket Skates. I think the difference is the ones on my list are complete freakouts from the very instant Chino enters and never really let up.

pony_01

Imo
Heaviest emotionally: Battle axe
Heaviest aggresion: Lotion
Heaviest riff: Teething & Rocket skates

Mustang

Headup is actually pretty heavy too, but the obvious choices would be WGTB and Elite.

endstand

emotionally - Pinkt Maggit.
by music means - WGTB.
hello memory lover, you are mine