Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Best and Worst Songs Played Live

Started by pinkmaggit, Jan 01, 2012, 09:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinkmaggit

Which song do you think Deftones have mastered live on a consistent basis and which one do they most often botch?

For me best goes to Bloody Cape, there's a lot of great performances of this song around, some of their best ever:
The strange thing is, with this one, the more fucked the band is the better it sounds.

Deftones - Bloody Cape(Live)

deftones :: Bloody Cape [Pinkpop 2003]

Worst goes to Hole in the Earth, they just don't seem to have nailed it live and Chino seems to struggle with the really high notes - it's probably one of their hardest to sing.
I really wish they had played something else on Conan.
For me this is probably in their top 3 worst performances.

Deftones-Hole in the Earth live on Conan 2006

I think they should have played Beware, that's one they have nailed and which sounds really really good live - in fact I prefer some of the live versions to the album versions.
It's a pity because I think a chance was wasted to promote themselves.
Someone who has never heard/of Deftones probably won't become interested after that performance, even Cherry Waves or Rapture would have been a better choice.

Actually Xerces is really good live too and the contrast between the loud and soft parts of the song are very dramatic and would have been perfect in a setting like this.
Oh well, chance wasted and Deftones go on being the most underrated band of all time.

one weak

Northcal

Royal live kinda suck the only time i heard it live but maybe it was a fluke .btw u lucky p.m i seen the tones 5x and no bloodycape for me.

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: Northcal on Jan 15, 2012, 03:43 AM
Royal live kinda suck the only time i heard it live but maybe it was a fluke .btw u lucky p.m i seen the tones 5x and no bloodycape for me.

I was very surprised to hear it my last time I saw them, crowd went nuts too!
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Northcal

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Jan 15, 2012, 03:48 AM
Quote from: Northcal on Jan 15, 2012, 03:43 AM

I was very surprised to hear it my last time I saw them, crowd went nuts too!
Hella lucky dude,when it comes to bloodycape and rx queen no dice4me