Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Who would you like to see work with the 'Tones?

Started by Robotsatemygrandma, Jan 18, 2012, 03:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robotsatemygrandma

So who would you like to see work with the Deftones? Possibly collaborate with (co write), produce, or guest star on a song with?

It's be cool to see a list with a little description on the mash up.

1: Ben Weinman (Dillinger Escape Plan) - I think it'd be cool to see him write a song with the band. Not only is his guitar playing on a different level but he also dabbles in electronic music (specifically remixes and does "glitch"). I think the possibility is likely as they have toured together and they seem to have a great mutual respect for eachother.

2: Max Cavalera - I know he popped up on Head Up for vocals, but I think with Stef's playing the way it is now and Max's verocity, it'd probably be one of the most destructive mind blowing grooves you ever heard. Add in Max's screaming, it's lower then Chino's now... a harmony of screams. Oouphda!

3: Boards of Canada - This maybe more for Team Sleep (I don't see it working with Crosses too well)  but the dark stuff I've heard them do is so moody that it'd fit right in. Adding Frank to work with them, oh boy.

4: Rivers Coumo - The dude is a fucking genius when it comes to pop and we all know Chino loves Weezer. I don't know what would come of it, it possibly could be one of the worst things ever, but it could also be very beautiful.

5: Steve Albini - I mentioned it earlier, but this man is a solid producer. From what I've read about his style and approach to producing it's similar to Terry Date. He's more about capturing the band live and using multiple mics in a room to capture different takes on a sound. When I think about Diamond Eyes, Albini's style probably would of done the record more justice. Or it could of been another Ezrin disaster.

6: Trent Reznor - They both seem to have an affinity for the dark sounds the 80's could of produced. Both are esteemed and respected. Just imagine what a remix would sound like of anything off of Self Titled or Saturday Night Wrist. Jesus.

7: Thom York - Imagine a song like Passenger, but with Thom in the mix.

Just random thoughts. If it's already a thread, but buried, I sorry. Mods delete of it's a duplicate.

nicklav

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote6: Trent Reznor - They both seem to have an affinity for the dark sounds the 80's could of produced. Both are esteemed and respected. Just imagine what a remix would sound like of anything off of Self Titled or Saturday Night Wrist. Jesus.

Yes, yes, yes, and yes!
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

cEvin Key

Robert Smith, Kazu Makino, Anthony Gonzalez, P.Diddy, Danny Lohner, Nicolas Fromageau

spirographed

"The struggle to free myself from restraints becomes my very shackles." - Meshuggah

deftoneseba

Terry Date (PLEASE!), Grady Avenell, Page Hamilton, John Stanier.
http://www.romastianboots.blogspot.com/
Go there for Deftones bootlegs trading.

spirographed

"The struggle to free myself from restraints becomes my very shackles." - Meshuggah

pissedandpierced

"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

bodywars9000

976-EVIL

One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

Deftones-argentina

I'm in with Robert, Trent, daryl. And I'd add Martin & Dave from depeche mode and Jason Aalon Butler from letlive.

the deft ones

Quote from: deftoneseba on Jan 18, 2012, 05:56 PM
Terry Date (PLEASE!), Grady Avenell, Page Hamilton, John Stanier.

I've always thought Page's stop-start style would make for a pretty cool deftones/helmet combo.

I wouldn't replace any of the 'tones members for a cameo - so keep Stef but insert J. Mascis just to hear a deftones "original" with a solo  ;D

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Terry. If any cameo i would be interested in hearing T.Reznor if anyone.
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

Northcal

Billy corgan   â€¢Julian cAsablancas/R.H.C.P *
killah*kaligrapes yeeeee

Robotsatemygrandma

Some great friggin ideas here guys! I'd be all over a Daryl Palumbo collab as well. I always thought the dynamics both bands have/follow, not just Daryl and Chino posses, complimented each other very well.

Robert Smith would be awesome. But I've read he's damn finicky and eccentric with his songwriting and recording. Like he'll walk away from doing vocals if he isn't feeling the atmosphere/vibe. Either way it'd be epic. Chino can match his voice very very well. Worlds would collide and the Sun would implode on itself if the 2 ever joined forces.  :D

Make_shift Destiny

This is a seriously stupid thread. Sorry I'm being so negative, but everyone in this thread deserves to burn in hell.
Give her what you know she wants