Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

PALMS [new Chino Moreno side project]

Started by luisch, Apr 25, 2012, 06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hesperian Death-Horse!

Quote from: luisch on Jun 20, 2013, 04:27 AM

Was just going to post that! At least we know there will be lyrics in the LP package.

FlyingPiranha

So glad I snagged the LP, that looks sweet.
Electric Factory 5.10.2011 // Sherman Theater 3.12.2013 // Sands Bethlehem 8.02.2016 // Festival Pier 6.17.2017

pinkmaggit69

higher quality pic of the lyrics, please?

Drinks won't stain this birth!

beansandcornbread

Wish I would have got the gold as well.  Damn.

Danny Keyes

i finally heard this and i have to say that i don't like it that much. to me chino seems outta place in some songs. music wise is kinda "meh" not good not great but you can still listen to it from time to time.

bewareofrats

I could see the "meh" comment in one way.  Some albums especially are what I would dub "headphones" albums, and this album is one I would certainly put in that category.  I don't know if I would be into this much at all if I listened to it on a stereo.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

DeftonesNZ

Nah I would call this a stereo album, it sounds much better on my surround sound than on my headphones, the bass has that more genuine room shaking power  because of the sub and if you have your surround speakers set up right it sounds amazing because everything is being thrown at you from a different angle and it really compliments the dreamy style of the music and all the different elements, I'd also say it is a more emersive experience as when your wearing headphones it feels unnatural where as with a stereo you create fill the whole room room with the atmosphere and just soak it in, also the other day when I was listening to the Palms album in whole for the first time and there was a big thunderstorm outside and it sounding awesome with the music.

bewareofrats

Well maybe it is, but I barely ever listen to music without headphones so I guess I'm just a headphones kind of guy.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

Slacker

yeah it depends on the equipment too, the soundstage a get with my marantz receiver and my senns hd650 is nice. it would be different if i had 10 bucks sony's straight out the jack port of a mac/pc...

wither-I

"coming into the nearness of distance"

Hank

3rd full through listen ( and Iv'e heard magnificent layers upon layers structured here and there) and the songs I wasn't really sold on I'm starting to love.

This album is absolute gold.

The guys from Isis and Chino really have something special to build on. Can't wait to hear where they go.

Can't wait until my vinyl and cd arrive .

976-EVIL

Beans and Cornbread had a fight...

Beans knocked Cornbread Outta site...

One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

976-EVIL

Not sure how I feel about Palms...
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

NYRexall

I'm pretty sure I feel pretty fucking good about it. I haven't listened to a note of this since Patagonia leaked, and I am itchin' like a sonofabitch to rock this shit come Tuesday.

Jerry_Curls

Quote from: 976-EVIL on Jun 21, 2013, 07:12 AM
Not sure how I feel about Palms...

Whats going through your mind? What aren't you so sure about?

We're here to help.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Sett

I don't like it that much. Probably because I was playing Celestial and SGNL›05 pretty extensively for the past few weeks, so I was in a mood for something with that sound. I know this is not ISIS nor Deftones, but brand new project, still I can't help it but compare it to ISIS and the latter just clicks so good for me at this moment.

[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4_cDJwZ7mM[/spoiler]

ignore the fashion

Got confirmation that both of the vinyl I ordered shipped out already.

deftoneseba

Quote from: ignore the fashion on Jun 21, 2013, 03:32 PM
Got confirmation that both of the vinyl I ordered shipped out already.
I only had the bad news that my two pre-ordered Gold vinyls are not available, so now I need to pick another color... I think I'll go with the red one, it looks cool.
If anyone got a Gold pressing and would like to sell/trade, please let me know.
http://www.romastianboots.blogspot.com/
Go there for Deftones bootlegs trading.

FlyingPiranha

Mine shipped out too, so I'm hoping it gets here before I just cave and listen to a shitty rip.
Electric Factory 5.10.2011 // Sherman Theater 3.12.2013 // Sands Bethlehem 8.02.2016 // Festival Pier 6.17.2017