Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

PALMS [new Chino Moreno side project]

Started by luisch, Apr 25, 2012, 06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luisch

Quote from: pony_01 on Jul 11, 2013, 08:23 PM
how's the show luisch?
1-10 star

I wasnt in the show, bud, but my friend hit me up with some info and stuff. I asked and he told me was a 9.5, pure beauty
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

ignore the fashion

Palms were amazing live sounded great, chino sounded really good.

Jerry_Curls

I wonder how many of these fag, in the closet, chino-lovers chanted his name. I fucking hate that shit. STFU and enjoy the show, we know you know who he is.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

sicily

haha, hysterical. I fuckin hate that as well.

shoop

Hesperian Death-Horse!

Quote from: ignore the fashion on Jul 11, 2013, 09:48 PM
Quote from: sicily on Jul 11, 2013, 09:37 PM
wheres the video at?? Also, is that chuck doom playing keys for them?

Yeah, that was Chuck on keyboards and its still uploading.

Link to your YouTube channel so I can stalk that shit?

scarywindow

Quote from: ignore the fashion on Jul 11, 2013, 09:48 PM
Quote from: sicily on Jul 11, 2013, 09:37 PM
wheres the video at?? Also, is that chuck doom playing keys for them?

Yeah, that was Chuck on keyboards and its still uploading.

Thanks again, brother.  Also, thank you for ripping the Shortwave Radio demo for us.  I can't wait to hear it!  I also REALLY can't wait to watch the show you recorded.  Being on the east coast, I was kind of crushed that I couldn't see every show they are playing.  I'm seriously in love with this band. 

cvthedrv

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Jul 12, 2013, 05:49 AM
Found this on YouTube

http://youtu.be/j6u8xKsHR1w

man, what a fucking beautiful opportunity they had, and cant shut the fuck up, how i hate this shitty people.

beautiful.

ignore the fashion

I had to upload it from my phone, unfortunately it didn't tell on YouTube that the video was too long until after it was done uploading.

I have no problem sharing it, does anyone else know what program I can use to split the video into 2?

bewareofrats

8:25 to 8:40 of Mission Sunset is certainly a contender for favourite part of the album for me.  Chino sounds so nice and powerful during this stretch.

This album is definitely better than Koi No Yokan me thinks and arguably better than Diamond Eyes.  At least it's doing more for me anyway.  Chino's vocals resonate more with me on this for sure.

Already ideas for a new album and Chino providing guitar?  Um, can I say heck yes?  Also, if Deftones called it quits, and Chino focused on Palms as his main band, I don't think I would mind too much.  This fits Chino better nowadays anyway.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

Deadradio

Quote from: cvthedrv on Jul 12, 2013, 07:33 AM
Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Jul 12, 2013, 05:49 AM
Found this on YouTube

http://youtu.be/j6u8xKsHR1w

man, what a fucking beautiful opportunity they had, and cant shut the fuck up, how i hate this shitty people.

beautiful.

Awesome, I'm seeing them tomorrow in LA. Gonna record what I can and share it with you all as well.

ignore the fashion

I transferred the video from my phone to the computer, its in mp4 format, I plan on splitting it into individual songs. Does anyone know the program I can use.

defsteve

Palms - Self-Titled Cassette (Robotic Empire)
$7.99
2nd press of 275. The repress comes on a black cassette this time around and has alternate artwork!

http://www.roboticempire.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=73&products_id=5864
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

Jesus2Chino

Thanks for that DefSteve.

Much respect,
-Matt
Much respect,
-Matt

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: ignore the fashion on Jul 12, 2013, 12:16 PM
I transferred the video from my phone to the computer, its in mp4 format, I plan on splitting it into individual songs. Does anyone know the program I can use.
Windows Movie Maker if your using windows it'll already be on your PC

DeftonesNZ

There's quite a few other videos on youtube now for anyone who wants them just search for palms and filter by upload date,must say Chino's sounding mint

play

luisch

Quote from: bewareofrats on Jul 12, 2013, 11:18 AM

Also, if Deftones called it quits, and Chino focused on Palms as his main band, I don't think I would mind too much.  This fits Chino better nowadays anyway.

Yes.
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

DeftonesNZ

Yeah sort of agree,As much as I love Deftones I can't help but imagine what Chino's side projects could be like if they had his full attention, it's more of a cutiosity thing than preference for me though, Also I wonder if Chino would start a heavier project? people keep saying he is more into this soft stuff now but keep in mind he's already getting his fix of the heavier sort of stuff in Deftones, I think the only reason he doesn't have any heavy projects is because he already makes that type of music with Deftones. I think that if he no longer had Deftones to express that side he would  start something else and I'd be really curious to what he would come up with.