Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

PALMS [new Chino Moreno side project]

Started by luisch, Apr 25, 2012, 06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoop

III

defskull

Palms surprised me by how much better they are live than on album.  It's a shame the energy and fullness of the songs live wasn't captured for the album.

Martin

Martin

Deadradio

The Prodigy

News...I was waiting for this moment!

BewareTheWater

This is probably one of my favorite Chino side projects, considering how much I loved Isis when they were still around. Glad to hear they're doing some new stuff.

O

The poor production of his voice ...

Inkblades

Yeah, I had it on in the car yesterday and I could barely make it through Future Warrior. He just sounds...grating. Definitely the weakest album in his discography. Mission Sunset still fucking owns, though.

O

Hinojos

I actually like the Palms project, although I do agree that the mixing aspect is kind of thin/airy sounding. Reminds me of one my friends' car speakers that have no bass and tons of treble, so when he turns it up loud it pierces your ears and not in a good way.

If I blast it in the car or with earbuds, I have to change the EQ to Acoustic or Rock. I was making a lyric video at one point on my old computer and I had the EQ tweaked a little bit to not sound harsh while loud.

I don't smoke much anymore, but I think it's the type of music to listen to and read along to the lyrics while you're stoned lol. At one point I somewhat liked Palms but they weren't amazing to me, but one day when I was high I listened to the album, and I had an experience to say the least, lol. There was also some lyrics that directly related to me at the time though, and that's always a factor.

Ever since then, I don't listen to Palms frequently, but I still dig it. I see what they were trying to go for and it's not for everyone. I actually wouldn't mind some new Palms releases.

Seven

LG95

I could float here forever

The Prodigy

E-Money

I thought the vocals were mixed really poorly. And the new song that they played on the last tour sounded really dope though. Chino was playing guitar and I hope he plays  and is involved with the song writing for the new material.  But honestly I could really care less about new palms until team sleep is finally finished.

The Prodigy

Deadradio

I thought there was an interview out there where Aaron explains why he recorded Chino's vocals a certain way. Something about that Chino said not to use the same effects as he uses on Deftones albums. I love the Palms album but I do agree it could sound better. I saw them live a few years in LA at the Troubadour and it sounded great.

O

Wrong formula. Doesn't work for me!