Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Fun Facts

Started by Crazylegs, Jun 07, 2012, 10:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pissedandpierced

The medical term for a runny nose is rhinorrhea.
"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

BillyNo.9

Quote from: pissedandpierced on Nov 29, 2012, 09:58 PM

Got that.

deftones47

I shall remember that for when one of my friends has a runny nose.

Friend: *has runny nose*
Me: Aww...I see you have rhinorrhea.
Friend: Huh???
Me: It's the medical term for a runny nose.

Penicks

Quote from: deftones47 on Nov 30, 2012, 12:52 AM

I shall remember that for when one of my friends has a runny nose.

Friend: *has runny nose*
Me: Aww...I see you have rhinorrhea.
Friend: Huh???
Me: It's the medical term for a runny nose.

amazing

epistaxis

Apparently 15 kg of chocolate equals one joint.

Crazylegs

Quote from: Penicks on Nov 30, 2012, 06:49 PM

amazing

lolz.

Quote from: epistaxis on Nov 30, 2012, 08:15 PM

Apparently 15 kg of chocolate equals one joint.
Clarify please. Do you mean it has the same effect. I can't imagine anyone ever trying.

epistaxis

Years ago, I read this in a dutch magazine called Quest, which is a magazine that is full with these sort of fun facts.
I do believe they meant it has the same effect.

Jacob

Quote from: epistaxis on Nov 30, 2012, 09:14 PM
Years ago, I read this in a dutch magazine called Quest, which is a magazine that is full with these sort of fun facts.
I do believe they meant it has the same effect.

"A compound that's closely related to the active ingredient in marijuana (tetrahydrocannabinol-9) is also found in chocolate. Fatty acids called cannabinoids hit the CB1 and CB2 receptors found most predominantly in the frontal cortex and the parts of the brain responsible for motor function and memory. When cannabinoids hit these receptors, a person starts to feel intoxicated and relaxed as a result."

from this article: http://science.howstuffworks.com/environmental/life/inside-the-mind/emotions/chocolate-high.htm

I didn't read the whole thing, but I doubt it can have the exact same effect as weed. it does seem to have psychological effects though, albet miniscule ones. no matter how much you eat, you won't really get high.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

BillyNo.9

Crazylegs

People who are cortically blind (blind from braindamage in the occipital cortex, the eye is still functioning) have an ability called blindsight which makes it possible for them to react to visual stimuli even though they do not conciously see. Like this fellow right here:

Blindsight - Blind man can see and avoid obstacles

people are people

LOL Awesome, Some Rare Mental Disorders and Fun Facts About The Human Body

Foreign Accent Syndrome: "To suffer a severe head injury and inexplicably speak in a foreign accent" Source:BBC
Alice in Wonderland Syndrome: "To suffer from a distorded sense of time,space and body" Source: Guardian UK
Cotards Syndrome: "A neuropsychiatric disorder where a person believes they are dead" Source NY Times
Wendigo Psychosis "An insatiable desire to eat human flesh,even when other food sources are avaible"
Triskaidekaphobia: "A fear of number 13" Source:NBC
Jerusalem Syndrome: "To become so affected by a visit to jerusalem that a person suffers delusions that they are reicarnations of Christ
or others religious figures" Source: Guardian UK
Humans sneeze at speeds of up to 100mph. Source:BBC
Bones are four times stronger than concrete. Source: Philadelphia University
The acid in the stomach is strong enough to dissolve zinc. Source: Readers digest
The nose can recognise and remember 50,000 different scents. Source:BBC

Crazylegs

A buttload is an actual unit of measurement (medieval measurement for wine). It's 126 gallons, or approximately 478 liters.