Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Who hates the S/T, or thinks it's their worst/weakest effort, and why?

Started by Vesanic, Jun 08, 2012, 01:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesanic

Caín

Quote from: from_musings on Jun 12, 2012, 02:06 PM
Quote from: Penicks on Jun 12, 2012, 06:51 AM
Quote from: Hidalgo on Jun 11, 2012, 07:23 PMi stand by it, like linus as a whole is heavier. far less mellow tunes

Deftones- Gift

deftones - answers

day-um. steph must have used an 8 string on like linus, it's so heavy

because Slayer are so heavy they play 10 string guitars.

Caín

Quote from: from_musings on Jun 12, 2012, 04:20 PM
look, i don't agree on one single thing on cain's list, but to use one line like this when he said "with a few execptions" isn't right i think

you really think the cover art is any good?

from_musings

Quote from: Caín on Jun 12, 2012, 09:29 PM
Quote from: from_musings on Jun 12, 2012, 04:20 PM
look, i don't agree on one single thing on cain's list, but to use one line like this when he said "with a few execptions" isn't right i think

you really think the cover art is any good?

yes i do.but i can see how it's not to others

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

most of us r guilty of posting to this thread when we like ST. myself included. now i wish i were only part of this bomb if I hated it like asked in the thread's title... ;D ;D duh
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

from_musings

Quote from: DEFinatelydeftones,fsho on Jun 13, 2012, 09:34 PM
most of us r guilty of posting to this thread when we like ST. myself included

yeah not many st haters around here.probably just 1 full blown (cain). perhaps selftitledcult.com like hidalgo call it would be a better name for this site

Penicks

i understand why people don't like the cover art, because there are a bazillions other bands that use EXTREME SKULLZ+~ and OmG RosEs So EmOtIoNal

but holy hell, it fits so extremely well with the entire tone of the album

Vesanic

Sushi-X

Can never hate this album. Its the album that got me listening to deftones almost 10 years ago. Will always hold a special place in my heart.

Rocket Skates '94

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

I think it would be awesome if they did go untitled again actually! 8) Who has 2 untitled records and y does it need a name anyways? It tells me it's "Deftones" at their best again and that's all I ask anyways. ::) .......Here we go..... I'm ready to hear I'm on crack now. Who's first?  haha

Northcal

Quote from: DEFinatelydeftones,fsho on Jun 15, 2012, 06:06 AM
I think it would be awesome if they did go untitled again actually! 8) Who has 2 untitled records and y does it need a name anyways? It tells me it's "Deftones" at their best again and that's all I ask anyways. ::) .......Here we go..... I'm ready to hear I'm on crack now. Who's first?  haha
mota mota

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

ignore the fashion

I can honestly say I don't hate any Deftones album, some may have songs that I am not that fond of, but that's far and few between. The only song I can really say I don't really like is Black Moon.

Each Deftones record to me is something different and I like them all for different reasons besides the obvious fact that its a Deftones record.

from_musings

Quote from: Penicks on Jun 14, 2012, 06:46 PM
i understand why people don't like the cover art, because there are a bazillions other bands that use EXTREME SKULLZ+~ and OmG RosEs So EmOtIoNal

but holy hell, it fits so extremely well with the entire tone of the album

Exactly.

the blue and red flowers could be the softer emotional stuff having variations, the crack in the skull could be the riffs and the skull itself a sign that something ominous is going down.
i like that deftones, that's not into being clichè, could have something cliché as a cover. i think it's great.
also like that the cd is having the old school logo, and i like that they choose a beast of an album as their self titled. like a definition of their sound (although it isn't that much) but because i love this album. wouldn't like if snw was their self titled

Jerry_Curls

Quote from: Northcal on Jun 15, 2012, 06:08 AM
mota mota
Crystal Castles
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

sing blue silver

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Jun 17, 2012, 09:17 PM
Quote from: Northcal on Jun 15, 2012, 06:08 AM
mota mota
Crystal Castles
Weezer has 3.

Vesanic

I think Deftones is also an album of human experiences. If you haven't personally been through the many emotions displayed through the whole record, you'll have less chances to enjoy it for what it really is. For example, if you haven't been through a really complicated relationship in which your partner played with you, you won't be able to understand WGTB totally.

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

k, got me and I cld have thought those up if I had thought of it. I still think it wld b cool. At least it would make sense rather than some words put together randomly.

sing blue silver

Quote from: DEFinatelydeftones,fsho on Jun 18, 2012, 11:22 AM
k, got me and I cld have thought those up if I had thought of it. I still think it wld b cool. At least it would make sense rather than some words put together randomly.

I actually agree. I was thinking about this the other day. Another self titled would be kinda neat. Better than "Diamond Eyes". Still don't really care for that title. Don't hold your breath though.

carnivals empty

Hey guys new member here to the boards, but been a fan of Deftones since WP . ST is an amazing album I have loved it since it came out. Recently I have been listening to it more and more and I still love it :)
Deftones - August 25th 2009, Paradiso , Amsterdam.