Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

OCT 9th

Started by daebat, Jun 29, 2012, 11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

from_musings

Quote from: Corleone on Jul 02, 2012, 03:10 PM
Quote from: E-Money on Jul 02, 2012, 05:47 AM
Quote from: TheShade1989 on Jul 01, 2012, 09:43 PM
They've never made an anything 2.0, it's always had its own sound (whether better or worse), and I dont think they'd make another album just like the one they previously released anyways, they'll probably take it in a new direction. That's my opinion anyways, but for all we know they could be in the exact same mindset to make more happy music, just have to wait and see.

Completely agree.  I'm sure it will be unique and I'm pumped to hear these covers. 

but Around the Fur was 2.0 of adrenaline...

i always thought Self titled was 2.0 of white pony

ALightOn

Wow...a rush to judgements about judgements

from_musings

Quote from: bebo on Jul 02, 2012, 06:39 AM
Pink Cellphone 2.0

black dicks 2.0 detected

luisch

Oh, come on guys, why ever judge when you havent heard anything?

anyway...

"Some of my favorite things about Deftones are the dynamics. Yes, we're a heavy band, but we're not just in-your-face aggro the whole time, punching you in the face. There's a lot of aggression in some of the music, but there's also this very soothing element where there's a lot of soundscapes rather than attack, attack, attack the whole time. I understand that's a big part of our sound, but I really feel like we reached a peak on our dynamics on this record with those two qualities -- the beauty of something and just straight, ruthless aggression."

http://www.billboard.com/news#/news/deftones-racing-through-next-album-hoping-1007479552.story
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

nineteen

Quote from: iceache on Jul 02, 2012, 01:33 AM
Quote from: nineteen on Jul 01, 2012, 10:27 PM
Although, their destructive periods give rise to their creativity.

No, not really. Look at SNW. That's when they were most destructive. Worst Album. Ever.

I kinda meant it in the way that SNW is really creative, regardless of if the opinion of the album is good or bad, but maybe that was too destructive!

Danny Keyes

LOL not even a single song is out and some of you guys are already bashing it judging on what little information about the record has been written... good god.

sing blue silver

Welcome to sharing lungs. Where speculation based on almost nothing and retarded fanboyism runs rampant.

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Quote from: Jacob on Jul 02, 2012, 01:50 AM
Quote from: sing blue silver on Jul 01, 2012, 08:39 PM
White Pony 2.0 but without the heavy stuff. I hope you guys are prepared for the softest record in the Deftones discography.

I would have no problems with that.

what I'm thinking is that while Diamond Eyes is an amazing album, it was kind of rushed. imagine what they've been able to accomplish with some more time on their hands. they're probably in the same or at least a similar mindset as with DE.

this album is gonna kick some serious ass.
Agree its gonna be great either way
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Quote from: punkflop01 on Jul 02, 2012, 05:40 AM
Good God, can we please stop assuming it's going to be version 2.0 of anything?  Look at the history of the Deftones - no album has ever been a version 2.0 of a previous album.  The day that happens, I'll stop listening to the Deftones because it means they've reached saturation point.  And let the album come out first before starting the comparisons.
THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS, for the love of GOD!
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

from_musings

Quote from: DEFinatelydeftones,fsho on Jul 02, 2012, 10:53 PM

personally i can't say it will be good either way, i gotta hear it first. i did speak like that back in the day though, until 2006. then things changed. snw was the 9/11 in their album cataloge. the deftones world would never be they same again.

never forget

TheShade1989

Quote from: from_musings on Jul 02, 2012, 11:08 PM

personally i can't say it will be good either way, i gotta hear it first. i did speak like that back in the day though, until 2006. then things changed. snw was the 9/11 in their album cataloge. the deftones world would never be they same again.

never forget

They were in a bad way then, whereas they all seem to be in a better place, emotionally, structurally, etc., and a band that's clashing and dealing with personal problems isn't gonna make a good music. Alright, most ppl here dont seem to like DE, but that's not necessarily because of their mindset or personal lives, more just the direction they went in. So I dont think you'll have to worry about them making something as "bad" (though I like the album) as SNW.

from_musings

Quote from: TheShade1989 on Jul 02, 2012, 11:44 PM
a band that's clashing and dealing with personal problems isn't gonna make a good music.

st was pretty good though

Inkblades

Typical reactionary SL. Chino says some extremely vague things and you guys lose your shit.

jbmp1390

Quote from: sing blue silver on Jul 02, 2012, 10:48 PM
Welcome to sharing lungs. Where speculation based on almost nothing and retarded fanboyism runs rampant.

Best  post ever

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

Millennia

Quote from: from_musings on Jul 02, 2012, 11:08 PM

personally i can't say it will be good either way, i gotta hear it first.

yeah i also have to hear an album to have an opinion on it......

White Wrist

since 2003, chino´s words about "the new album" are the same ("dynamics", "like WP", "agressive and beautiful")...so...let´s wait.

from_musings

Quote from: Inkblades on Jul 03, 2012, 02:12 AM
Typical reactionary SL. Chino says some extremely vague things and you guys lose your shit.

I understand your reaction, it's based on common sense.but at the same time,i can't help to think stuff like this is a part of sl's charm.if the thread consisted of three comments  "we must wait and,no point in speculating" followed by "+1" and "agreed" - /end thread,that would've been a bit boring. but yeah, it's a bit out of control at times ^

Jacob

I was honestly just seeing what kind of buttons I'd push with my "White Pony 2.0" comment. seems like I did hit some, at least :)
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

therealdaebat

I haven't really looked at the DE threads... with all of the speculation and half assumptions going on, how did you guys like the last album?  Did it live up to your standards / speculation? 
---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones

from_musings

Quote from: Jacob on Jul 03, 2012, 01:32 PM
I was honestly just seeing what kind of buttons I'd push with my "White Pony 2.0" comment. seems like I did hit some, at least :)

haha you, trolling? didn't see that one coming. well played

Quote from: therealdaebat on Jul 03, 2012, 03:07 PM
I haven't really looked at the DE threads... with all of the speculation and half assumptions going on, how did you guys like the last album?  Did it live up to your standards / speculation?

why not read about it in the d.e thread?