Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

OCT 9th

Started by daebat, Jun 29, 2012, 11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoop

Annnnd we're done. lol.  Everyone get their last words out and lets call it a wrap. No one wants to come around here only to argue or read pages full of arguments. Peace.

rufas

Quote from: jbmp1390 on Jul 04, 2012, 05:15 PM
he ruins this fucking board for me. We're talking about release dates, not SNW and other bullshit. If you care about that stick to the bullshit thread.
Same here.
He should be restricted to the bullshit thread... he could even be a mod there!
But seriously, musings seems to be more rampant than a 14 year old who has just discovered that he can chat shit to strangers on the internet.
It's........ scary.

sing blue silver

So how about them deftones huh? Sure are gonna put out an album right? (desperate topic change)

normsteez

May 28, 2000 HFSTIVAL
May 4, 2003 9:30 Club
Oct. 20, 2004 9:30 Club
March 2, 2006 9:30 Club
Dec. 4, 2006 9:30 Club
June 4, 2007 9:30 Club
September 2, 2010 Norva
May 15, 2011 Sonar
May 16, 2011 Sonar
October 26, 2012 Rams Head Live

http://normsteez.tumblr.com/

from_musings

Quote from: Corleone on Jul 05, 2012, 01:56 AM
Quote from: from_musings on Jul 05, 2012, 01:38 AM
yeah i agree with you hippie. also, i'm the one getting shit if these things go on, although i'm just politely answering questions,so i'm for an end

So basically you're going to dodge my post because you know you're wrong. Fuck you!

corleone i understand your reaction, but understand me though - if I express my thoughts at this board and answer any questions to them when ppl ask me to, I get shit for writing "essays", taking up too much space,
i should shut up and drop it. When people ask me to to shut up, and I do shut up and drop it, are ppl satisfied? no. people get angry and think I should write more and express myself. this sort of stuff is hard. but it's ok,i'm not even mad,i still like this place.

in 95% of the cases, I think people in the deftones threads overreacts and are way too touchy. in the rest of the 5% cases, i could see I've gone too far,but it's usually i didn't think too much of it, rarely what i write is anything to make ppl furious or feeling down right bad (as long as it's not getting back at to some aggressor, it could happen). sometimes i use a dose of sarcasm to spice up a thought/opinion i really have - sure but it's just goofyness to me.this case though,could be one of them 5%. about 9/11:

It was a tragedy, it was said that the world would never be the same again because of what happend. the phrase "never forget" in media was dusted off once again.media often talk about the consequences of 9/11 without actually think or talk about what happen in the actual tragedy, more of how it affects the future in the world. in the metaphor i was refering to the consequences myself,like they often do. in the world of deftones, everything was fine and safe, there was no real threat, they were untouchable.SNW was the tragedy in the world of deftones,nothing would never be as before ever again, it is a non healing wound.
shade1989 made it seem that everything is as usual,but that made me think of "never forget".I said that SNW can't be forgotten,it can happen again and i'm on my guard.

Now in retrospect i can see that the proportions could be off because bc ppl died and it's "too soon".but really i was talking about the consequences not about ppl dying. i agree that it can be offensive if you really think about what happened.i didn't, I thought that the metaphor fitted, but didn't think that it might offend people this much, it was not the intention. yes def fsho, it was naive. (good post btw) i did think before posting and i thought it was gonna be "no way, chi's accident was the tragedy in deftones world", hence the reason i also used the word "their album cataloge" so it's clear we're talking about the music and nothing else.
I apologize if anyone took offense.

I wish that you (corleone) said that it was the metaphor that was offensive, not nagging about that that I was off topic. this weird way of saying it, was a joke that went wrong. the funny thing here was that jump dude,never complained about the distasteful metaphor (it may not have been so bad after all?) he just jumped on your joke about being off-topic, because it was a post against me,hoping it had substance or just didn't care. he's like that all the time again and again,never a reflection on whether he agrees or not on what is said.i just want to point out that he's blind by hate and it's very clearly showed here.I earlier reached out my hand to him, he didn't take it, so since we're back to square one like he wants - i can mention him and talk about him.
just whining for whining's sake and trying to convince ppl his critisism has substance but it's always very unfocused and random. if jump, like he says, really want this thread to be only be about the actual release date then i'm looking forward to see him talk about the 9th of october. or that he thought it was gonna be october 20th.maybe he will talk about that he wished it should be august 4th. remember - only dates.

sorry for the book....and sorry shoop, i wanted your way, they didn't

jbmp1390

man if you're going to talk about me at least get my fucking name right. it's not jump, it's jbmp1390. And I didn't agree with Corleone's post because it was against you. I agreed with him because it made sense. And I didn't say anything about your rude 9/11 comment because I didn't want to give you more ammunition to write yet another fucking essay. Which you just did.

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

976-EVIL

All We Are Saying..........Is Give Peace a Chance......
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

sing blue silver

Holy epic fucking facepalm. Shut the fuck up everyone and get the sand out of your collective vaginas. So fucking over this shit.

Mods, please lock this thread. Nothing really new can be added here. We've all got the Oct. 9th date and any more upcoming info will be posted in the interviews, youtube, or new album threads (much as this should have been in the first place). Thank you.

shoop

Haha I won't stop till everyone is at peace. The past is in the past, so let's all try and move on a bit. Stop taking shots at each other.. And it's a bummer when you get Musings to chill, then others still feel the need to try and take shots which obviously is just going to continue a shit storm.  If I had enough, i'd mail everyone a doobie snack. Moving on!  8)

defsteve

Quote from: sing blue silver on Jul 05, 2012, 07:51 PM
Holy epic fucking facepalm. Shut the fuck up everyone and get the sand out of your collective vaginas. So fucking over this shit.

Mods, please lock this thread. Nothing really new can be added here. We've all got the Oct. 9th date and any more upcoming info will be posted in the interviews, youtube, or new album threads (much as this should have been in the first place). Thank you.

New album approaches. People act like retards. New album released. People react like retards.

Cycle of SL
Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

Northcal

Quote from: sing blue silver on Jul 05, 2012, 07:51 PM

yea lock it up also lock up the oct 10 thread northcal is a  stupied stoner :'(

Vesanic

I won't lock shit. It's not my fault if there are tons of bitches on this board. Some people actually have some good stuff to say and they have the right to discuss.

Northcal, please, don't post any more stupid topics such as "OCT 10", that was dumb as fuck.

Northcal

Quote from: Vesanic on Jul 06, 2012, 08:57 AM
I won't lock shit. It's not my fault if there are tons of bitches on this board. Some people actually have some good stuff to say and they have the right to discuss.

Northcal, please, don't post any more stupid topics such as "OCT 10", that was dumb as fuck.
no prob. That was the point thou,lol

Vesanic

It was pointless, to me.

defsteve

Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

Vesanic

Brilliantly put. Topic locked.