Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Tour: Live guide + video footage

Started by Vesanic, Jul 26, 2012, 06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gee

Quote from: shoop on Sep 24, 2012, 07:03 PM
Leathers @ Aftershock Deftones Leathers live

Ah, Chino, the dude did it again. Plus, is it me or is he losing his voice ? When he was talking before the song he sounded like it was broke or something.

And way to go Sergio !
"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

sing blue silver

Sergio really impressed me with his vocals on Leathers.

shoop

blondie

i think leathers live sounds just as atrocious as we all expected, so wutevs.

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: blondie on Sep 25, 2012, 12:22 AM
i think leathers live sounds just as atrocious as we all expected, so wutevs.
Yea was never going to sound right too much multi tracking plus the production on the single was awesome

laurapalmer

I have a feeling Leathers will be played rarely live like Risk or Royal

sing blue silver

I imagine it'll be played a lot on the KNY cycle. It's already been played at both shows since its release.

RoyalDeftonicBoy

I will agree that it is gonna be hard to pull it off live.Also between singing,screaming and playing guitar is a fucked up experience.The 2:57 scream that we are all waiting aint never gonna happen.This is not Chino from the golden ATF era so lets not wait for much.Mr.Vega is doing a great job as second voice and to finish I gotta say the band sounds brutal as whole everytime the song goes where it says "Wear your insides" just as I expect it.I will say that Im glad to hear more that than the 2:57 mark scream.That is it.

DeftonesNZ

yea Vegas singing has got alot better,i don't blame chino plus he has really stepped up his guitar playing,Also i remember someone was talking about how he couldn't be using drop A yesterday i was playing round with tunings and drop A was not too loose at all and thats using a standard 24.75 scale to be far I use slightly thicker strings .52-.11

pinkmaggit69

You never know.  They play You've Seen the Butcher, Digital Bath and Sextape all the time even though Chino can't hit the high notes.  You'd think he'd avoid the songs.

Drinks won't stain this birth!

DeftonesNZ

Yea i hate it sometimes when Chino sort of talks bits of the songs

Vesanic

GET BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORED

TheShade1989

They look like they enjoy playing it, and as I said in my last post, I love the energy it gives off, regardless of whether or not he sings it perfectly. I think most ppl go to a Deftones show not expecting Chino to sing perfectly, but I'd assume most ppl still enjoy it, because of course there's more to it than that, otherwise ppl would listen to the albums. Still, I think it sounds good live and I definitely need to see them wen they tour near me. Also, is it just me who loves watching Sergio on the live videos because he just looks like he's the happiest dude in existence?

E-Money

Quote from: TheShade1989 on Sep 25, 2012, 05:11 AM
They look like they enjoy playing it, and as I said in my last post, I love the energy it gives off, regardless of whether or not he sings it perfectly. I think most ppl go to a Deftones show not expecting Chino to sing perfectly, but I'd assume most ppl still enjoy it, because of course there's more to it than that, otherwise ppl would listen to the albums. Still, I think it sounds good live and I definitely need to see them wen they tour near me. Also, is it just me who loves watching Sergio on the live videos because he just looks like he's the happiest dude in existence?

I completely agree.  Good post. 

shoop

Quote from: TheShade1989 on Sep 25, 2012, 05:11 AM
seriously.. they couldn't have a better replacement in my opinion. He's clearly having fun and brings good energy to the Tones. Good vibes are contagious.

DeftonesNZ

Its awesome that they're having fun it must be hard to still be enthusiastic after months of recording ,Stef had a huge giant grin in that first roller derby performance they've seem real close at the moment you can  see their chemistry.

Vesanic

Added some stuff to the Aftershock post.

Inkblades

You love penis? Not a surprise there, fella.

Edit: This was in response to a spammer.

Caín

Quote from: Tavo805 on Sep 26, 2012, 07:52 PM
here's Rosemary from the Aftershock Deftones Rosemary - Aftershock Festival - Sacramento, CA 9/23/12

Haha, Sergio is singing like the opposite note of what he's supposed to sing in that breakdown.