Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Tour: Live guide + video footage

Started by Vesanic, Jul 26, 2012, 09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ANattyRat

Quote from: pelican fly on Sep 24, 2016, 01:23 AM
Hope they play some more stuff from different albums the next tour but continue with some new Gore tunes.
hopefully Xenon and Pittura and maybe Gauze or Graphic Nature make it on some sets.

Yeah, hopefully. But I wouldn't expect them to play any more Gore songs now, except Phantom Bride since they hinted they were rehearsing it, or wanted to. But even that's a long shot. Either way, they've played a lot of Gore songs, so I'm happy they've given them a good run. Be interesting to see if they stick with switching up the Gore songs rather than stick with Prayers/Triangles and whatever else.

Vesanic

Quote from: LG95 on Sep 19, 2016, 03:56 AM
Haha I'm not saying he should stand still

I think they lost the balance between being energetic and keeping it low, totally kills the mood balance. On this performance of Kimdracula (55:00 approx), he stands still and I think it adds to it somehow. Like, stay there and do your thing, you know?

! No longer available

jbmp1390

Quote from: LG95 on Sep 19, 2016, 03:11 AM
Quote from: ANattyRat on Sep 19, 2016, 02:58 AM
What songs have I missed? Currently playing Rosemary.
Rocket Skates, Geometric Headdress, Be Quiet and Drive, Diamond Eyes and Swerve City were the songs before Rosemary.

I've switched it off now. Chino doing what he does now which is treat it like it's one big party rather than a performance, which is fine if you're there but not if you're listening to it on an internet stream.

That's one of the best things about his performances though. It's great when he's super on point and nails every note but for whatever reason I have just as much appreciation for his crazy energetic, all over the place performances. I know some people don't enjoy it but to me those people can go find some lamer band to listen to. He's a performer like no other and imo even if every song is not done perfectly it's still great because it makes each song a little different and individual to the performances. That's kind of why I always enjoyed so many of their performances, especially seeing them live, every performance is at least a little different. Some like it some don't. I will always see these guys as basically the greatest performers ever.

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

ANattyRat

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 24, 2016, 02:30 PM
Quote from: LG95 on Sep 19, 2016, 03:56 AM
Haha I'm not saying he should stand still

I think they lost the balance between being energetic and keeping it low, totally kills the mood balance. On this performance of Kimdracula (55:00 approx), he stands still and I think it adds to it somehow. Like, stay there and do your thing, you know?

! No longer available

I think it very much depends on the song. Kimdracula? He can move about for that. A song like Mascara, Deathblow, Riviere, etc.? The ones that feel very atmospheric and moody, those are the ones to stay still at. But for others, it doesn't take much away from the performance if he moves. And of course, for other songs, moving around like crazy is what adds to it.

Penicks

kimdracula is a sad sad song, nobody should jump through that and energetically ask if they're having fun

the worst one recently was, i think during change, he started a freaking arm wave

kill me

ANattyRat

Quote from: Penicks on Sep 25, 2016, 10:46 AM
kimdracula is a sad sad song, nobody should jump through that and energetically ask if they're having fun

the worst one recently was, i think during change, he started a freaking arm wave

kill me

Most of their songs are sad songs, haha. And Change is probably their most famous and commercial song, so I'm not surprised at that. That's one for all the fans, new or old, casual or hardcore.

Vesanic

Quote from: Penicks on Sep 25, 2016, 10:46 AM

kill me

4:02

https://youtu.be/L42RWvEn5n0

Penicks

Vesanic

I watched the whole Riot Fest show and I'll just say this : Deftones is probably the only band with a bassist singing more and with better technique than the lead singer. Oh, and Geometric Headdress is not a fucking song.

LG95

Which goes back to my point that it wasn't simply a "bad vocal day" - he just wasn't really bothering.
I could float here forever

sooniletugo

rufas

Quote from: LG95 on Sep 19, 2016, 03:25 AM
Quote from: ANattyRat on Sep 19, 2016, 03:16 AM
Damn, missed Geometric Headdress. Yeah, he's ignoring his singing quite a lot, his singing is quite off, and he's randomly going off and talking instead. He's obviously having a hell of an awesome time, haha, but as an actual show, it's not their best, not by a long shot. I'm not quite sure why he's gone back to letting Sergio sing a lot of his parts again, but...who knows, maybe he's just having a bad vocal day.
I've come to the conclusion recently that Chino doesn't really treat gigs like performances anymore. He's at a stage where he just goes out there to have fun, enjoy the atmosphere and the songs. That's why their streamed sets very rarely sound that great - because he's not that interested in how he sounds. He jumps about like crazy, he sings too hard, he doesn't hold onto notes or care if he goes flat. As I said, that's probably fine if you're there but it just doesn't sound good at all when you're not.

I think people often mistake it nowadays for his voice being shot but it really isn't. He's just not aiming for perfection, which can be really fucking annoying because he definitely still has the capacity to reach it. If Chino did what Maynard does and just stood there and concentrated on singing properly with precision, he would nail every song. I'm confident of that.

I have to really agree with this.

Anyone who wants to hear a relatively recent and stunning vocal performance should listen to the Team Sleep Woodstock sessions. He slayed every song, obviously restraining himself, it's apparent from the first lines of Your Skull is Red how composed Chino is in contrast to recent deftones shows.

ANattyRat

Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 29, 2016, 01:43 AM
I watched the whole Riot Fest show and I'll just say this : Deftones is probably the only band with a bassist singing more and with better technique than the lead singer. Oh, and Geometric Headdress is not a fucking song.

Geometric Headdress isn't a song? Lol what?

sharinglungs

Quote from: ANattyRat on Sep 30, 2016, 02:50 PM
Quote from: Vesanic on Sep 29, 2016, 01:43 AM

Geometric Headdress isn't a song? Lol what?

Maybe he meant that it's not a song to fuck to?

sooniletugo

It definitely is.

I love that they're playing Digital Bath second. And seem to play hearts/Wires again. Diamond, Digital, Kim, Gore. Boom what a way to kick off a show.

gwenudo

Got a question. Deftones tickets are on presale at the moment. The seats are straight ass and i dont really want to purchase these lame tickets. My question is, do you guys think theyll have better seats tomorrow once they officially go on sale for general public? Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was it like it seemed?...

ANattyRat

Quote from: gwenudo on Feb 09, 2017, 11:14 PM
Got a question. Deftones tickets are on presale at the moment. The seats are straight ass and i dont really want to purchase these lame tickets. My question is, do you guys think theyll have better seats tomorrow once they officially go on sale for general public? Thanks guys.

Depends what you consider to be good seats. How soon did you check the tickets after the presale went online? It's possible the best seats have simply been taken, but I'd say since the majority of the seats aren't available until general release, you'll have better luck finding good seats then.

illthrowROCKS@U

There is no such thing as a "good seat" at a live show. If there's seats, they're bad. GA or bust!

Obviously GA field is best, but even at a venue like most outdoor pavilions where it's got seats up front and lawn in back, I'll take lawn over seats any day.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

gwenudo

Quote from: ANattyRat on Feb 09, 2017, 11:54 PM
Quote from: gwenudo on Feb 09, 2017, 11:14 PM

Depends what you consider to be good seats. How soon did you check the tickets after the presale went online? It's possible the best seats have simply been taken, but I'd say since the majority of the seats aren't available until general release, you'll have better luck finding good seats then.
By good i meant, middle section, closest row to the front. Im hoping those havnt been sold yet.

Was it like it seemed?...

O

Quote from: snw9 on Sep 17, 2016, 06:33 AM
Quote from: ZND84 on Sep 13, 2016, 07:18 AM
i really want to hear Rapture played live again, i love that song.i think it's been a while for that one, but the new setlists are awesome.

Last time was 2009, It would be a powerful opener.

Let's see!