Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Tour: Live guide + video footage

Started by Vesanic, Jul 26, 2012, 09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Pill

It's your retarded opinion... If you really want to know about mistakes, you should ask your parents. Two wrongs don't make a right, take your parents as an example.

E-Money

Quote from: Red Pill on May 02, 2017, 02:40 AM
It's your retarded opinion... If you really want to know about mistakes, you should ask your parents. Two wrongs don't make a right, take your parents as an example.

Wow that was great dude.  Boss status with that come back.  I don't understand why you are even here if you don't like band or respect the music they create. Go find another band u like and talk shit on their forum.

O

Truth is rarely pure and never simple, but it is evident that our opinions diverge ... In my opinion, Gore sucks!

ANattyRat

Quote from: O on May 02, 2017, 05:27 AM
Truth is rarely pure and never simple, but it is evident that our opinions diverge ... In my opinion, Gore sucks!

And that's fine, but when 100% of a person's comments are about the things they hate, or about insulting anyone else's opinions, or complaining just for the sake of it, then it becomes pointless. Like damn, say something good for once.

O

Quote from: ANattyRat on May 02, 2017, 05:38 AM

And that's fine, but when 100% of a person's comments are about the things they hate, or about insulting anyone else's opinions, or complaining just for the sake of it, then it becomes pointless. Like damn, say something good for once.

I don't see it that way, depends... Imagine something that you love turn into something that you hate! For me, when i say Gore sucks! I wish deftones were good! In my point of view ! ... But if you say, Gore is good! I see it as a negative influence! In the end... Opinions!

JACK

Hi all, I could not go to see a single live that could put the concerts online thanks

ANattyRat

Quote from: O on May 02, 2017, 05:48 AM

I don't see it that way, depends... Imagine something that you love turn into something that you hate! For me, when i say Gore sucks! I wish deftones were good! In my point of view ! ... But if you say, Gore is good! I see it as a negative influence! In the end... Opinions!

OK, so Gore sucks. So Deftones suck to you now. And what? Are you going to make every single comment about it? Why waste your time on a forum for Deftones fans when you have nothing happy to say? What joy does it give you?

On another note, the band so far haven't cancelled tonight's show, so I'm cautiously optimistic that they were right about Chino's injury not jeopardising the other shows. I wonder if they'll make the setlist less heavy to cater to his inability to jump around, or if he'll just have to try to stay still. That'll be memorable, at least.

Fred Bob

That would be awesome if they changed up the setlist!! Imagine Entombed, What happened to you, beware or even Xerces... they totally have it in them. Make it more than just another gig with the same basic setlist and I mean they dont have fairweather fans so why keep White Pony songs as the bulk of the setlist?? Personally would love to have a bluesy Death Blow or Gauze on the setlist.

Have a ticket for London on Friday so finger's crossed it goes ahead. Broken foot is not something to take lightly, he will have years of issues if he doesnt look after it. That said people are comparing it to Dave Grohl's injury which was a double fracture of his leg so he couldnt stand on it if he tried.

I wonder though, can they really afford to cancel the shows? It would be a disaster of an album promotional run if they did. In the wider world Gore doesnt really have legs, with no innovative release, singles etc After the Com Truise remix I was hoping that they would do something more like that but nothing...

ANattyRat

Quote from: Fred Bob on May 02, 2017, 02:03 PM
That would be awesome if they changed up the setlist!! Imagine Entombed, What happened to you, beware or even Xerces... they totally have it in them. Make it more than just another gig with the same basic setlist and I mean they dont have fairweather fans so why keep White Pony songs as the bulk of the setlist?? Personally would love to have a bluesy Death Blow or Gauze on the setlist.

Have a ticket for London on Friday so finger's crossed it goes ahead. Broken foot is not something to take lightly, he will have years of issues if he doesnt look after it. That said people are comparing it to Dave Grohl's injury which was a double fracture of his leg so he couldnt stand on it if he tried.

I wonder though, can they really afford to cancel the shows? It would be a disaster of an album promotional run if they did. In the wider world Gore doesnt really have legs, with no innovative release, singles etc After the Com Truise remix I was hoping that they would do something more like that but nothing...

I've already seen Entombed and WHTY. Not a fan of Entombed much, but seeing them play WHTY was brilliant. I'd cry if they played Beware and Xerces, haha. I don't think they will switch up the setlist. Partly because they haven't rehearsed those other songs, and partly because most Deftones fans want a mix of heavy and light, so there's definitely got to be some heavier stuff there. But I did/do wonder if they'll take away maybe two or three of the heavier songs to make it easier for Chino, since he's not often the kind of guy to just stand there while he screams his lungs out. But I guess he'll have to do it.

I don't think they're so desperate for money or financially unstable that they can't afford to cancel a few shows. These things happen, but I for sure think they make more than enough money that they're not in a bad place. Deftones aren't a massively famous band compared to others, true, and you don't often hear them on the radio, but they have a hell of a lot of fans all over the world, so I don't think the promotional aspect has damaged their sales at all.

Fred Bob

Calling it now... Leathers (Acoustic)  ;D

normsteez

Quote from: snw9 on May 01, 2017, 09:13 PM
Quote from: LG95 on May 01, 2017, 08:58 PM
I mean, I imagine he'll be a lot less mobile for the rest of this tour. If he's had to cancel a show, then it must be serious enough that he's not just going to be back to normal after a couple of days.

I'd think being less active on stage for the rest of the tour would be wise so that his foot gets better without any permanent damage. Get well soon Chino!

Personally, I would like to see him a little less active on the stage. Sometimes the High kicks and jumps look a little ridiculous. I wish Chino would wrap the cord around his hand/wrist, walk up to the barricade, or the end of the stage, or on top of a speaker, kneel down and sing like he used to - letting the music do its job. Wishful thinking I guess......
May 28, 2000 HFSTIVAL
May 4, 2003 9:30 Club
Oct. 20, 2004 9:30 Club
March 2, 2006 9:30 Club
Dec. 4, 2006 9:30 Club
June 4, 2007 9:30 Club
September 2, 2010 Norva
May 15, 2011 Sonar
May 16, 2011 Sonar
October 26, 2012 Rams Head Live

http://normsteez.tumblr.com/

O

Quote from: ANattyRat on May 02, 2017, 01:02 PM
Quote from: O on May 02, 2017, 05:48 AM

OK, so Gore sucks. So Deftones suck to you now. And what? Are you going to make every single comment about it? Why waste your time on a forum for Deftones fans when you have nothing happy to say? What joy does it give you?

On another note, the band so far haven't cancelled tonight's show, so I'm cautiously optimistic that they were right about Chino's injury not jeopardising the other shows. I wonder if they'll make the setlist less heavy to cater to his inability to jump around, or if he'll just have to try to stay still. That'll be memorable, at least.

Don't confuse it! I can think Deftones-Gore sucks! And i'm happy, i'm just sharing my opinions as you! I even think gore: depressing music!

LG95

Quote from: normsteez on May 02, 2017, 07:40 PM
Personally, I would like to see him a little less active on the stage. Sometimes the High kicks and jumps look a little ridiculous. I wish Chino would wrap the cord around his hand/wrist, walk up to the barricade, or the end of the stage, or on top of a speaker, kneel down and sing like he used to - letting the music do its job. Wishful thinking I guess......
Broadly agree with this; he never does that shit anymore.
I could float here forever

Penicks

that's because nigga got old and got off drugs, duh

sooniletugo

Same setlist tonight despite the broken foot. Korea and Elite... Cherry Waves and Kimdracula... Teething and Minus Blindfold... Chino still goes hard. God, I hope they still play all those songs when they reach the UK. This is the stuff of dreams.

Seven

Quote from: sooniletugo on May 03, 2017, 01:16 AM
Same setlist tonight despite the broken foot. Korea and Elite... Cherry Waves and Kimdracula... Teething and Minus Blindfold... Chino still goes hard. God, I hope they still play all those songs when they reach the UK. This is the stuff of dreams.
Yeah and Damone too!

Vesanic

Taped Paris in audio, boot coming soon. Ill release Milan video in a couple days.

Ill say it, Chino sounded unreal. It was the best Kimdracula and Cherry Waves in years.

ANattyRat

Quote from: sooniletugo on May 03, 2017, 01:16 AM

Me too. I do want them to keep the Gore songs they've been playing too, and then I'll be 100% happy with the setlist.

Quote from: Vesanic on May 03, 2017, 04:26 AM
Taped Paris in audio, boot coming soon. Ill release Milan video in a couple days.

Ill say it, Chino sounded unreal. It was the best Kimdracula and Cherry Waves in years.

Nice, can't wait to hear :) did you go to the show or is it someone you know who recorded the Paris one?

defmarco

Quote from: Vesanic on May 03, 2017, 04:26 AM

Very cool dude! Looking foward to your sharing!!  :D
2003-06-06 - Rock im Park
2003-09-29 - Columbiahalle
2006-10-16 - E-Werk
2007-03-27 - Columbiahalle
2013-02-26 - Huxley's Neue Welt
2016-06-14 - Palladium
2016-06-15 - Columbiahalle
2017-04-27 - Columbiahalle
2017-04-28 - Mehr! Theater am Großmarkt
2017-07-15 - Super Bock Super Rock

Vesanic

Quote from: ANattyRat on May 03, 2017, 04:36 AM

Nice, can't wait to hear :) did you go to the show or is it someone you know who recorded the Paris one?

Twas me Im going tonight as well