Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Tour: Live guide + video footage

Started by Vesanic, Jul 26, 2012, 09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LG95

Ah yeah, no one's really mentioned it because of everything else but Sextape sounded really great.
I could float here forever

Vesanic

LG95

Fred Bob

Me too.

I know they have been playing it towards the end of the set but speculating on Rocket Skates as an opener? I am super hopeful after the Paris setlist but would love to see Cherry Waves or Xerces... that would be incredible... but whatever...I am just super psyched!!

sooniletugo

Korea into Elite is the only way to start a Deftones show now!

Far away

ANattyRat

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/deftones/2017/alexandra-palace-london-england-4be6538e.html

They played Phantom Bride again! And Geometric Headdress, Hexagram, Kimdracula, Cherry Waves, Back to School. I love how switched up the setlists are, but it's making me nervous for me seeing them tomorrow. Like, what songs will I get to hear??? I hope they keep Phantom Bride, Geometric Headdress, Hexagram, the SNW songs and Teething. Desperate to hear all of those.

kurtone

Good to see how reinvigorated this board is because of the set list changes. Hopefully they keep the changes for the US tour. Kinda hope they make me regret not getting a ticket lol

Also, thanks to people posting the vids and Ves for making the YouTube lists.

stu_101

Killer show last night - Set list was great. Chino's vocals were on point throughout. The sound at the start was terrible (Korea and Elite were very muddy and bass heavy). Thankfully it got better but still not superb (Ally Pally is well known for shite sound). PB, Sextape, Digital Bath and Cherrywaves were real standouts.

LG95

I actually thought the sound was good after the first couple of songs, at least from where I was standing.

And yeah, they fucking killed it. They brought out all the crowd pleasers towards the end and it was so cool. Chino - bloody hell, he was good. He really is the coolest person in the world and he was on it last night.

Even my mate, who's not that into Deftones, seemed really impressed when we were talking about it afterwards..

I lost my shit in Headup ;D

Also, really nice to see a mix of the two sets they played this tour.

sooniletugo

Glad to hear you all had a great time. Seeing them on Sunday. These set lists really are a treat.

Vesanic

London was cool, didn't like the venue though. Sound finally got a bit better. Vocals were insane. All I could hear in the crowd were people saying how much Chino's improved.

He totally did the grunts à la Adrenaline at the end of Teething, hadn't been done until then.

Will try my best to attend the second Dublin night. I have the feeling it'll be better than Paris 2.

Got a few videos in London, will post them in a few hours.

English crowds are always cool by the way lol, always a pleasure having a show with Brits.

ANattyRat

Quote from: LG95 on May 06, 2017, 12:36 PM
I actually thought the sound was good after the first couple of songs, at least from where I was standing.

And yeah, they fucking killed it. They brought out all the crowd pleasers towards the end and it was so cool. Chino - bloody hell, he was good. He really is the coolest person in the world and he was on it last night.

Even my mate, who's not that into Deftones, seemed really impressed when we were talking about it afterwards..

I lost my shit in Headup ;D

Also, really nice to see a mix of the two sets they played this tour.

Awesome. So damn excited for tonight. I'll record a few videos, probably just the ones that aren't considered the usual (like Change, Digital Bath, etc.), but I'll definitely get a few. Yeah, I noticed the London setlist seemed to be a mixture of the second Paris one and the ones they'd played before that, very cool. Every setlist so far has had at least some favourites for me so it's going to be brilliant.

Quote from: Vesanic on May 06, 2017, 03:47 PM
London was cool, didn't like the venue though. Sound finally got a bit better. Vocals were insane. All I could hear in the crowd were people saying how much Chino's improved.

I wonder why his vocals have improved so much. It seems like he's either struggling throughout an entire tour, or he sounds brilliant throughout an entire tour. I mean, I'm glad he sounds great, but it's weird, haha.

Vesanic

The broken foot, man. The way Chino sounds now, he could sound like that most of the time if he wanted, the thing is he chooses to move around and jump a lot, which consumes tons of air especially for a mid-aged guy, the same air he could (and imo, should) use for longer notes, screams, etc.

So now that he's wearing that boot and he can't move around as much, he makes it up by quality singing, which comes easier to him than it usually does as he has a bigger stock of air.

Also, most singers work better under some kind of pressure for some reason.

LG95

I forgot to say, it was an absolute buzz seeing Teething.

Vesanic

stu_101

Someone is periscoping the Manchester show from side of stage. Pretty decent.

The Prodigy

I don't think his vocals have improved so much.

O

Yeah and the broken foot, dude! Chino you on your last leg. Lolz

sooniletugo

Manchester got Feiticeira, Lhabia, Riviere snippet, Bored. I hope to God that they play Korea, Elite, Cherry Waves, Kimdracula and Back to School tomorrow night in Glasgow. :( I'll be blueballed if they don't after all these other dates.