Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

"Entertain Me" leak - Special notice!

Started by Drop-Dead, Aug 27, 2012, 07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drop-Dead

Hi,

I've been contacted by the band management about the Deftones documentary "Entertain Me" leakage. They asked that the link be taken down as the film was never approved by concerned parties, nor was it entirely completed.  The film, as it is now, was never meant to be released by any means in any public forum.

I was forced to delete the original topic, if you love the band, you should respect the band. If you have the file keep it for yourself, if you don't have it do NOT ask here. From now on any link for any torrent/download to the Entertain Me file will be deleted.

This is and has always been a democratic forum, so I wont lock this one, you can talk about this issue but do not attempt to lead someone to any site with the leak.

Thanks for understanding.

Penicks

still wondering who put it on the internets

mothraw

i do not understand it!
today i woke up,checked my shit...BAM that damn thing i was adoring for years leaked!
checked the board,totally freaked the shit out!loading...waiting......working....checked the board again,somebody said "if youre feeling this,donate a dollar or two.
felt the shit,donated 20 dollar.watched the damn thing and got loaded drunk while having a blast and a travel trough time.

now it all seems that this good day goes over in a badmoodnight,

i do not understand it!

pixElsblUr

Vesanic

Quote from: mothraw on Aug 27, 2012, 07:48 PM
i do not understand it!
today i woke up,checked my shit...BAM that damn thing i was adoring for years leaked!
checked the board,totally freaked the shit out!loading...waiting......working....checked the board again,somebody said "if youre feeling this,donate a dollar or two.
felt the shit,donated 20 dollar.watched the damn thing and got loaded drunk while having a blast and a travel trough time.

now it all seems that this good day goes over in a badmoodnight,

i do not understand it!

Andrew Bennett never gave his agreement.

dawg

that movie is kind of too personal with all the family around and the mood being like that!

976-EVIL

MY HEART IS BROKEN, I am on this site everyday and missed it...I would pay for this if the band would put it out EASY MONEY FOR CHI!!!!
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

TheShade1989

Serves me right for deciding to sleep and download it another time instead of just then. D'oh :\

Teknoman

This totally sucks! I couldn't get it and i couldn't watch it... i guess i'll have to wait until the Box Set "Deftones: With the lights out" comes out in 2030. ;D

PS. Damn limited broadband connection, i only have 148MB left :(

I make music too

pixElsblUr

yes, if I had missed it, I would either google, torrent site or vuze.

this a new age folks, get the cracking'

Deadradio

vinsanity

i don't understand what's so bad and evil about this doc that the label or even the band don't want to release it even 10 years later, it's not like it's a bad documentary that gives a bad or wrong idea of the band, on the contrary...
Gentleman, you can't fight in here! This the War Room!!

BillyNo.9

So the guys close to the band ignore our pleas for varied setlists but they freak out when something they arn't even planning on releasing leaks?

capoburn

If this wasn't released it's pretty normal that they ask to remove the links. And if I were Chino I wouldn't want that out, shitty performances due to throat issues and the scenes on the beach are a little bit decadent.

vinsanity

Quote from: capoburn on Aug 27, 2012, 10:24 PM
If this wasn't released it's pretty normal that they ask to remove the links. And if I were Chino I wouldn't want that out, shitty performances due to throat issues and the scenes on the beach are a little bit decadent.

In Some Kind of Monster documentary about Metallica, they showed Kirk struggling to play basic riffs and complaining with the other band members about the lack of solos for the ST Anger album and that didn't hurt the image of the band or made lose fans... it's very common to show this kind of stuff in these documentaries, it makes the band members more... human, and less rockstars, invincible beings that the labels like to make them. In these documentary Entertain Me, you don't see the band members fighting each other, in fact there are more fun stuff than depressing ones.
Gentleman, you can't fight in here! This the War Room!!

BillyNo.9

I saw that performance on Connan ages ago though, and always wondered what was up with his throat. The documentary cleared that up for me really. I was able to sympathise with him, and as a result I the scenes on the beach was just him clearing his head and venting. 

White Wrist

i just saw it. Good times...lots of good memories.

It´s very personal, i guess. We can see some backstage shits, that we only imagine. And yes, the family, kids, home...but i kinda agree with vinsanity comparing it to some kind of monster.

Nothing special, but it was a good trip to WP era. Things are not the same. And i guess that, in a way, they are better. We all grew with them.

Steph and Abe made my laugh a lot.

capoburn

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Aug 27, 2012, 10:40 PM

I saw that performance on Connan ages ago though, and always wondered what was up with his throat. The documentary cleared that up for me really. I was able to sympathise with him, and as a result I the scenes on the beach was just him clearing his head and venting.
This is something, if released, that would be available for anyone to watch. Would you like to everyone see you drunk as fuck and basically talk shit?

BillyNo.9

Well only the fans, and everybody already knows there was lots of substance abuse around that time. Out of curiosity, do you have anything to do with the bands management? 

capoburn