Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Koi No Yokan thread

Started by Vesanic, Sep 10, 2012, 11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

976-EVIL

Quote from: Penicks on Aug 06, 2013, 07:32 AM
Quote from: spiraltune on Aug 06, 2013, 12:21 AM
Man, I love "What Happened To You" Its a great soothing track. To be honest I think Tempest has always hit me the hardest every time I listen to the Koi No Yokan record.

you must be the most boring person in the world

Not nice but very funny....
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

OnyxPanicProne

What Happened to You is amazing

Corleone

Quote from: OnyxPanicProne on Aug 06, 2013, 11:20 PM
What Happened to You is amazing

I agree, easily the best song on the album for me.

chuckles

I'm a member of Sharing Leaks...

luisch

I like it, not the best song of the album (for me), but I love it. So many things happens in the song, very rad preset of Stef, no the typical Deftones song, I like that.
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

Sicario

Now that it's been out for awhile, and since most people seem to think that everything before DE was their best stuff, which is better to you? DE or KNY?
Men talk of killing time while time quietly kills them.

DeftonesNZ

Definitely KNY I get bored whilst listening to DE the instrumentals especially are too simple and repetitive for my taste, stef is playing simple stuff on like the bottom 2 strings and sergio just follows him, I just think you can tell it was done in a short time period they just seem underdeveloped don't get me wrong I don't hate songs like that but not for a whole album, that's why I  go for KNY because of the more crafted/expansive songs like rosemary and leathers.

RoyBiggins

Big Roy aka The Last Roy aka The Duke of Roy enjoys KNY more than DE, but DE did produce Prince, which is one of my favorite Deftones songs. Overall DE ranks last on my Deftones list, but I still love the album. When  they made ATF and White Pony, they set the benchmark.

N0S3BLEED976

Diamond Eyes has Royal, You've Seen The Butcher, 976-Evil and This Place Is Death, which to me are just spot-on, well crafted songs. While songs from KNY like Tempest or Rosemary certainly have a great concept, the execution is just lack-luster to me. Especially those two songs are simply too long in my opinion and after a while just plod along effortlessly. Diamond Eyes feels much more fleshed out, like they really put some thought into it, with every song sounding either genuinely beautiful (e.g. This Place Is Death), aggressive (e.g. CMND/CTRL), or feauture a blend between both (eg. Royal). On the contrary, some of the songs on KNY just sound lazy to me, like they were too comfortable with themselves. The songs Romantic Dreams and Rosemary from KNY for example have no particularly beautiful vocal or instrumental melodies whatsoever, but then again also have no genuine heavyiness and stand-out riffs to them. Instead they just seem to fiddle around somewhere in between those two extremes without any dynamics, which is incredibly unsatisfactory to me. That doesn't mean I only like stuff that's either heavy or beautiful, but what I say is that mostly those traits in a song make me prick up my ears. I mean, I like KNY, but I have so many gripes about some of the songs on it.

III

Hey so I didn't know where this kindof question should go but this is where it made the most sense. Does anybody know if any of the other songs from KNY have been played live? So far, I know that Swerve City, Romantic Dreams, Leathers, Poltergeist, Entombed, Tempest, and Rosemary have been played. But have songs like Graphic Nature, Gauze, Goon Squad, and What Happened To You? been played and I just don't know. Just really would like to hear some new stuff live.

kurtone

I think awhile back someone posted that they had sound checked Graphic Nature, but thats as close as it came.

only pieces remain

kny >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> de

Caín

KNY is a terrible record. It has Poltergeist though, so it is by default better than self titled, which has no redeeming qualities at all.

White Pony
Around the Fur
Adrenaline
DE
SNW

KNY

ST

cvthedrv

Quote from: Caín on Aug 27, 2013, 09:30 AM
KNY is a terrible record. It has Poltergeist though, so it is by default better than self titled, which has no redeeming qualities at all.

White Pony
Around the Fur
Adrenaline
DE
SNW

KNY

ST

kill him with fire

DeftonesNZ

I've been listening to Leathers alot recently it's a super good song but I think it sort of got overlooked because it was the first song out, for a while I even forgot it was on the albumbecause when I listened to the album it was like that's not new I'll skip it and listen to the fresh stuff and now the albums been out for quite a while and all the songs have had time to age it's probably my favourite song off KNY, it's heavy and kind of creepy sounding and I love that. Anybody else had this same thing Leathers or one of the other singles?

people are people

White Pony
Around the Fur
Adrenaline
DE
SNW

KNY

ST

lol

luisch

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Aug 28, 2013, 04:59 AM
I've been listening to Leathers alot recently it's a super good song but I think it sort of got overlooked because it was the first song out, for a while I even forgot it was on the albumbecause when I listened to the album it was like that's not new I'll skip it and listen to the fresh stuff and now the albums been out for quite a while and all the songs have had time to age it's probably my favourite song off KNY, it's heavy and kind of creepy sounding and I love that. Anybody else had this same thing Leathers or one of the other singles?

Indeed, happens to me the last week, I heard it and sound so fresh (when KNY release I skip Leathers and Tempest) but now is one of my favorites one
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

people are people

Quote from: cvthedrv on Aug 28, 2013, 01:15 AM

White Pony
Around the Fur
Adrenaline
DE
SNW

KNY

ST

kill him with fire

Haha relax man.

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Aug 28, 2013, 04:59 AM

The best scream on the album for sure.

pony_01

White Pony
Around the Fur
Adrenaline
DE
SNW

KNY

ST

oh you are a deftones fan?? and your favorite album is white pony?

Penicks