Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Koi No Yokan thread

Started by Vesanic, Sep 10, 2012, 11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cullision

Quote from: SwerveCityUSA on Sep 18, 2013, 11:13 PM
He criticizes all their stuff as any good artist should. I criticize my own artful endeavors too knowing the one true fact of art and life, nothing is perfect.

Exactly, anyone who has ever done anything creative is always critical of their own work. They have the most right to be.

Caín

lol, keep dreaming the dream, fellas.

rainnyx4

Quote from: Caín on Sep 18, 2013, 12:52 PM
Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Sep 16, 2013, 09:05 AM
They don't say they hate S/T at all they just say it reminds them of really dark times and they don't like being taken back to what they refer to as the "dark ages" aka the period after white Pony, they still play bloody cape pretty much every show and play songs like hexagram and minerva often,it's just like Chino said about battle axe he didn't say he hates the song he just said he feels so far away from the mindset that he was in when he wrote that song that it's not nice to revisit because he looks back and goes man I was in a fucked up space.

Chino said the songwriting was lazy. It shows.

Wow, someone that agrees with me about S/T.  Definitely a lazy album.  And yeah, I remember them admitting as much in an interview at some point.

DeftonesNZ

there's a difference between that and hating an album, he says Adrenaline has very poor sound that doesn't mean he hates it either.

jaypayton

the fact they hate S/T and love DE and KNY shows how far their head's are up their asses....Its like Lars and James saying they hate Master of Puppets/Justice For All but Load and Reload are great lol

pony_01

I believe chino didnt want to play battle axe because the lyrics are about his ex????

Inkblades

I think so...but then again, a lot of their songs are probably about her.

Jacob

Quote from: jaypayton on Sep 21, 2013, 10:53 PM
the fact they hate S/T and love DE and KNY shows how far their head's are up their asses....Its like Lars and James saying they hate Master of Puppets/Justice For All but Load and Reload are great lol

The fact that you disregard the posts above you and state "they hate S/T" as a fact shows how far your head is up your ass.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

RoyBiggins

Whether they were lazy with S/T or not it doesn't matter. That album produced some of the Main Roy's favorite Deftone's tracks. If you think about it they have played hexagram, Minerva, WGTB, and Bloody Cape in their set lists quite a bit and Needles & Pins during the DE era. So they recognize how much ass S/T kicks. UTAT. Understand That Absorb That......Big Roy out

DeftonesNZ

I like the video just really simple but the sound of the skateboard should have been cut out it sounds like two videos are playing at once

nineteen

Some of his tricks are edited to the song which I thought was pretty good. Not the greatest but decent enough for me.

therealdaebat

You know this forum is dead when there is only one comment on the music video a day after it gets released.  Not even anybody bitching?  Come on! 
---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones

nicklav

It's a cool video to have some Deftones music set to it.

people are people

Guys see the comments in the video lol

Chino Moreno
"Why.... watching this just makes me feel all pink inside.... Far better then watching 5 forty + year olds lip sync on some sound stage with a bunch of lame computer FX. BTW, this was my idea ;) and oh yea I also wrote the song. Have a good one :) -Chino"

N0S3BLEED976

The video itself is pretty cool, but the skating doesn't fit the music at all. Thoughthe imagery of a city at night on the other hand is pretty close the overall feel of the song, I thought.

I don't get why they don't like making videos for their songs, though. I mean, I obviously can't tell how enjoyable it is for them to actually produce those videos, but the outcome with their recent approaches to the videos from DE, eventually, was pretty fucking good in my opinion. And besides, they seriously can't tell me that the shoot with all those beautiful ladies in the YSTB vid wasn't at least to some degree a pleasant experience ;)

downtownpony

Quote from: therealdaebat on Sep 25, 2013, 03:08 PM
You know this forum is dead when there is only one comment on the music video a day after it gets released.  Not even anybody bitching?  Come on! 

The forum is dead because of whiny faggots like yourself who give other whiny faggot mods the justification they need to make sharinglungs "a place where no one's feelings get hurt". Which ultimately makes this a pretty boring place.

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Sep 25, 2013, 06:00 PM
The video itself is pretty cool, but the skating doesn't fit the music at all. Thoughthe imagery of a city at night on the other hand is pretty close the overall feel of the song, I thought.

I don't get why they don't like making videos for their songs, though. I mean, I obviously can't tell how enjoyable it is for them to actually produce those videos, but the outcome with their recent approaches to the videos from DE, eventually, was pretty fucking good in my opinion. And besides, they seriously can't tell me that the shoot with all those beautiful ladies in the YSTB vid wasn't at least to some degree a pleasant experience ;)
That suprises me aswell I thought they'd see it as another form of creativity and that it had the ability to compliment the music, I think they'd like it if they could just do whatever they wanted but becauses it's a marketing device the record company gets in and puts walls up which probably stops it from being fun.

pony_01

i like the video. its weird to see chino post a comment on youtube :D

defburn

very cool video !!!!!