Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Koi No Yokan thread

Started by Vesanic, Sep 10, 2012, 11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rainnyx4

Cool skate video.  But a pretty disappointing one for a band with actual money to throw around.

therealdaebat

Quote from: downtownpony on Sep 26, 2013, 01:27 AM
Quote from: therealdaebat on Sep 25, 2013, 03:08 PM
You know this forum is dead when there is only one comment on the music video a day after it gets released.  Not even anybody bitching?  Come on! 

The forum is dead because of whiny faggots like yourself who give other whiny faggot mods the justification they need to make sharinglungs "a place where no one's feelings get hurt". Which ultimately makes this a pretty boring place.

There we go!  That's more like it.  It wouldn't be a deftones video without some 13 year old calling people faggots. Good old S/L.
---------------------------------------------------------------
-DAEBAT

Dictated Not Read

http://reddit.com/r/deftones

SwerveCityUSA

I don't care about the video, but it brings up 2 things I respect.

1. no videos, fuck videos. first off, MTV died 15 years ago. and secondly, I guess I'm a traditionalist, I like music from the 50's and 60's and enjoy the videos I create in my own mind of the music, then somebody most likely trying to sell sex.

2. using your platform for other people you think deserve to be spotlighted. that's cool they're giving this young skateboarder a place to be respected instead of showing some pretentious plot for a 3 minute song. more good bands should do the same thing for things they are interested in.
I'm bringing it in with style myself you know it is with ease no sweat

Hank

Almost a year . Still sounds refreshing.

nicklav

After a year I'm still listening to about half of the songs. There are some great songs on this album, and quite a few that don't do anything for me.

OnyxPanicProne

Quote from: nicklav on Nov 03, 2013, 04:54 PM
After a year I'm still listening to about half of the songs. There are some great songs on this album, and quite a few that don't do anything for me.
Same. I find my self only listening to Swerve City, Romantic Dreams, Poltergeist, Entombed, Tempest, Rosemary and WHTY? The other songs just bore me. Especially Graphic Nature and Leathers

III

Dude Gauze is heavy as shit. Are you guys kidding me?

rainnyx4

Swerve City, Leathers, Poltergeist, Entombed, and WHTY still get regular play.  I won't skip the other songs if they pop up but these are the ones I keep coming back to.  Listening to the album front to back is still a treat.

nicklav

Quote from: OnyxPanicProne on Nov 03, 2013, 11:15 PM
Quote from: nicklav on Nov 03, 2013, 04:54 PM
Same. I find my self only listening to Swerve City, Romantic Dreams, Poltergeist, Entombed, Tempest, Rosemary and WHTY? The other songs just bore me. Especially Graphic Nature and Leathers

That's pretty much exactly how it breaks down for me.

sing blue silver

I skip Swerve City and Tempest every time.

Hank

WHTY is probably one of this bands greatest feats. gooseflesh raised everytime.
love this band.

nicklav

They've always nailed it with their album closers, that's for sure.

E-Money

Quote from: Hank on Nov 07, 2013, 07:51 AM
WHTY is probably one of this bands greatest feats. gooseflesh raised everytime.
love this band.

absolutely love that jam.  hope to see it live one day. would be shame if they never play it. 

Penicks

WHTY is probably one of this bands greatest feats

after one year this still baffles me so damn hard, i mean what the fuck dude

Bifrost

Quote from: sing blue silver on Nov 05, 2013, 11:22 PM

Swerve is still one of my favs but yeah I skip Tempest everytime too... might be my least fav song on the album

laurapalmer

At this point Swerve, Leathers, Gauze and Rosemary get a lot of play. The others are based on mood.  Graphic Nature pretty much never gets played.

Billy9

I never listen to Koi No Yokan.
Get off emo music forums and feed yourself you smelly goth.

Hank

Quote from: Billy9 on Nov 09, 2013, 04:32 AM
I never listen to Koi No Yokan.

Quote from: Penicks on Nov 08, 2013, 01:27 PM
WHTY is probably one of this bands greatest feats

after one year this still baffles me so damn hard, i mean what the fuck dude

That song is awesome. Maybe one day you will dig it.

SwerveCityUSA

degrasse likes deftones
I'm bringing it in with style myself you know it is with ease no sweat

Hank

Quote from: sing blue silver on Nov 05, 2013, 11:22 PM

damn

God bless