Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Koi No Yokan thread

Started by Vesanic, Sep 10, 2012, 11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: SwerveCityUSA on Dec 09, 2013, 09:24 AM
you guys just aren't listening or hearing. it's ok there Is always a prayer for the deaf to hear.
I see you do this alot,not trying to start a fight just a suggestion, how about you post an example rather than just putting a condescending comment like that,seriously you'd be alot better off proving the points you're trying to make by giving examples of what you mean, it seems everytime you get someone say they don't agree with you you respond with a very elitist sounding comment like above basically saying we're not hearing things properly or we're incapable of picking up the things you do, as soon you do that you come across a bit snobby and any thing you we're trying to say just gets disregarded even if it maybe valid.

ANattyRat

Quote from: SwerveCityUSA on Dec 09, 2013, 09:24 AM
you guys just aren't listening or hearing. it's ok there Is always a prayer for the deaf to hear.

The comments like this that you make just make you sound terribly immature. Opinions are not facts, and some people prefer heavy Deftones songs, some people prefer those of the nature of Sextape, some prefer a mixture in the same song, some prefer happy, light-sounding songs, others prefer the raw, gritty, dark, hopeless-sounding songs, and some love everything. Post your opinions, and hell, post details of the songs/moments that you like; you may even change people's minds by giving them something to look out for that they hadn't spotted before. But no blind statements are going to make a bit of difference to anyone.

Also, agree with who said that Koi No Yokan isn't sultry, as opposed to MX, Mascara, Crenshaw Punch, etc. I actually think sultry may be the quality I was thinking of but couldn't describe.

nicklav

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Dec 09, 2013, 08:10 AM
Quote from: nicklav on Dec 09, 2013, 07:27 AM
There is hardly anything sultry on KNY.

Sultry is Pink Maggit, Mascara, MX, Crenshaw Punch, etc.
I didn't find KNY to be sultry, to me his sultry stuff is in songs like Passenger, man that's a sweet song Maynard and Chino on the same track is awesome and their voices go together so well

Passenger is another great example. Lovers fits, too.

SwerveCityUSA

DEFTONES NZ AND ANATTY RIDE

http://youtu.be/_omy4oVkVM4

I don't really feel like debating sounds, its on the record if you'll listen.

as for an example, well pop in diamond eyes and koi no yokan, track 1-11, there's your example.

and really stop with the "elitist comments" I say two words and you go off and prove how elitist you really are. alls I said was just listen and hear, that's all.
I'm bringing it in with style myself you know it is with ease no sweat

DeftonesNZ

whatever man it was just some friendly advice you don't have to listen to it but keep in mind the purpose of the forum is basically discussing and debating things like that, sometimes I forget what Americans are like

downtownpony

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Dec 13, 2013, 12:04 AM
whatever man it was just some friendly advice you don't have to listen to it but keep in mind the purpose of the forum is basically discussing and debating things like that, sometimes I forget what Americans are like

Oh he's not just any American, he's an African American. That means that he has been told his entire life that he has been victimized and oppressed, and that it is the white man's fault for all his problems and failures. So institutions have been created to make sure that his fragile ego never gets broken or hurt. Unfortunately, the pathological altruism of the left didn't put these ego-boosting institutions into place with the intent of having this inflated ego being backed up with anything of worthy substance. The result is the childlike responses you have just witnessed.

DeftonesNZ

I don't know about any of that but he seems like one of those stereo typical Americans that we laugh at overseas, I know all americans aren't like that but when you do come across one it's obvious you basically have to forget logic or reason because no matter how nicely you say he's being an asshole and he should ease up you get told to suck  a dick or something similarly immature lol i'm just trying to keep the site alive I think alot of people left because everytime they said something someone like SwerveCityUSA would just tell them they're wrong and then drag any possible discussion into a immature shit slinging competition, at some point you just stop bothering coming on here because there's never any real discussion just people mistaking their own opinions as facts.

SwerveCityUSA

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Dec 13, 2013, 12:36 AM
I don't know about any of that but he seems like one of those stereo typical Americans that we laugh at overseas, I know all americans aren't like that but when you do come across one it's obvious you basically have to forget logic or reason because no matter how nicely you say he's being an asshole and he should ease up you get told to suck  a dick or something similarly immature lol i'm just trying to keep the site alive I think alot of people left because everytime they said something someone like SwerveCityUSA would just tell them they're wrong and then drag any possible discussion into a immature shit slinging competition, at some point you just stop bothering coming on here because there's never any real discussion just people mistaking their own opinions as facts.

wow man, you truly are a bitter belly. fighting yourself too. yet you haven't read anything Ive said which is lukewarm at best. your sitting here with the biggest opinions ive ever read and back it up with a huge debate and now we have to thank you for keep the site alive? you win, you're opinions are of god. you're an internet hero.

Quote from: downtownpony on Dec 13, 2013, 12:26 AM
Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Dec 13, 2013, 12:04 AM

Oh he's not just any American, he's an African American. That means that he has been told his entire life that he has been victimized and oppressed, and that it is the white man's fault for all his problems and failures. So institutions have been created to make sure that his fragile ego never gets broken or hurt. Unfortunately, the pathological altruism of the left didn't put these ego-boosting institutions into place with the intent of having this inflated ego being backed up with anything of worthy substance. The result is the childlike responses you have just witnessed.

he that oppress reproach his maker; he that honor him have mercy on the poor.

DeftonesNZ

I didn't say i'm single handedly saving the site I just think it's better for the site if people feel they can share their opinions here without being pounced on by someone who doesn't seem to understand the concept of perception, I  tried to politely explain this concept to you in an hoping ypu would perhaps understand that people who don't share the same taste as you shouldn't be treated as if there is something wrong with them, it's fine to share your views but you seem so certain your opinions are the only right answer and you talk down to and treat others as if they're inept if they don't perceive the same way as you, you say stuff like KNY is the best album, not that it's your favourite album but that on some unseen chart of greatness KNY is ranked highest of all the albums and anyone who thinks one of the other albums is better is obviously ignoring fact, thats ridiculous WP is my favourite but that doesn't mean it's the best album it's just the one that most appeals to me and if someone else says something else they're not wrong.

SwerveCityUSA

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Dec 13, 2013, 01:54 AM
I didn't say i'm single handedly saving the site I just think it's better for the site if people feel they can share their opinions here without being pounced on by someone who doesn't seem to understand the concept of perception, I  tried to politely explain this concept to you in an hoping ypu would perhaps understand that people who don't share the same taste as you shouldn't be treated as if there is something wrong with them, it's fine to share your views but you seem so certain your opinions are the only right answer and you talk down to and treat others as if they're inept if they don't perceive the same way as you, you say stuff like KNY is the best album, not that it's your favourite album but that on some unseen chart of greatness KNY is ranked highest of all the albums and anyone who thinks one of the other albums is better is obviously ignoring fact, thats ridiculous WP is my favourite but that doesn't mean it's the best album it's just the one that most appeals to me and if someone else says something else they're not wrong.

dude, stop typing. you're a hypocrite and you need to stop.

nicklav

I don't visit this site as often as I used to and it's because of posters like SwerveCityUSA. Actually, it's almost entirely because of him.

SwerveCityUSA

Quote from: nicklav on Dec 13, 2013, 03:29 AM
I don't visit this site as often as I used to and it's because of posters like SwerveCityUSA. Actually, it's almost entirely because of him.

you use to message me and say whats up, so that's a lie. you see those two oppressors against me so you go with the status quo, sad.

E-Money

Quote from: CaĆ­n on Aug 27, 2013, 09:30 AM
KNY is a terrible record. It has Poltergeist though, so it is by default better than self titled, which has no redeeming qualities at all.

White Pony
Around the Fur
Adrenaline
DE
SNW

KNY

ST

So u don't like Hexagram or WGTB at all?  Have u ever seen these songs live? Have you ever watched live video's of these songs on youtube? Have u ever been to a deftones show?  I have a feeling your just trying to piss people off in the forum. 

nicklav

Quote from: SwerveCityUSA on Dec 13, 2013, 05:30 AM
Quote from: nicklav on Dec 13, 2013, 03:29 AM

you use to message me and say whats up, so that's a lie. you see those two oppressors against me so you go with the status quo, sad.

I did message you, but that was a long time ago and since then I've repeatedly seen the same things posted by you over and over again. Honestly, it's no longer fun for me to come here to check on Deftones news or updates or whatever and it's because of you. Sorry if you don't like hearing it.

I mean, that whole attitude is partly the reason Vesanic left, and I really don't blame him.

DeftonesNZ

Yeah I agree it's not that bad for me because I like the new stuff aswell but some of the old school fans were really pushed away by that attitude ,  it seemed if you thought that the newest stuff wasn't that great and said so you would be pounced on, even in threads dedicated to the older stuff it would happen and I think thats why alot of them left, which sucks because I miss the actual discussion.

ANattyRat

To be honest, I think people from both extremes are the reason others may be being driven away.

I mean, you have some people saying that Diamond Eyes and Koi No Yokan are the best albums Deftones have made, and there's nothing wrong with that, but often-times it sounds very "Everything else sucks, you're morons, the new music is the best." And then you have older fans acting like not having been a Deftones fan for at least a decade makes you less of a fan, or that because they dislike the two newest albums, it means they don't count among Deftones' discography. Both extremes are equally stupid, really. It is what it is.

DeftonesNZ

that's true, I feel i'm pretty lucky I like all the albums but i can see why other people don't, I think it's because I listen to a wide range of music, from heavy djent stuff to ambient electronic stuff so every Deftones album fits in the big spectrum of stuff I like but for completely different reasons. end of the day Deftones make awesome music and I love how even though they've basically kept the same ingredients as in the same people on the same instruments yet they've taken the music all sorts of places often they even often contrast their own music.

SwerveCityUSA

I know it's just like why can't people be more like SwerveCityUSA? he's been a fan since '98 when he was only 9 years old! and has bought every album since then, the day it came out. true not everyone can be like that, and for any new fan to come and enjoy there music is totally cool, we just wish they would enjoy their entire catalog.

Sure people hate him because he usually only types 2 sentences and it sounds "authoritarian" but heck the guy loves the new albums and comes from a rich glorious past of deftones-ology. I say maybe he's right, maybe KNY and DE is the best, at least in terms of maturity through songwriting skills and instrumentation, or just an overall growth in musicianship period. that doesn't mean it has to be your favorite album and so on. we're just talking craft.

Either way we all have our opinions and hell, I enjoy the guy, he doesn't usually type 1,000 of words to convey a simple affection for his love of deftones and I enjoy that, he's a true upstart and lol I kinda like him.

BunsRaisinsPies

The fact that you're speaking in third person makes me wish I didn't return to SL.