Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Koi No Yokan thread

Started by Vesanic, Sep 10, 2012, 11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pony_01

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Nov 01, 2012, 03:02 AM
Quote from: pony_01 on Nov 01, 2012, 02:59 AM
am i the only one that in love with Limp Bizkit's "three dollar bill"??
that was a masterpiece and the only GOOD album they ever put out in their career. i was have mad respect for fred, now im feeling sorry to him.
Yes,Limp Bizkit is like a parody of metal

a sellout victim

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: pony_01 on Nov 01, 2012, 03:13 AM
Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Nov 01, 2012, 03:02 AM
that was a masterpiece and the only GOOD album they ever put out in their career. i was have mad respect for fred, now im feeling sorry to him.
Yes,Limp Bizkit is like a parody of metal

a sellout victim
If you look at what they and Deftones were doing at the same time there's just no comparison,also if your interested you could read the lyrics to "Lotion" from Around the Fur Chino said it's about the nu-metal trend it's pretty interested seeing how he viewed it

one weak

pony_01

i was accidentally caught a video on YouTube, it was limp bizkit new song leaked, and it was fucked up. please fred, end limp bizkit before it gets any worseeee

Playhouse

Deftones could easily write another around the fur. They dont want to. So the easier you newer material bashers get that through your head, the more at peace and less butt hurt you will be.
I think everyone is over the 'i loved the aggression/deep/dark/beauty old school deftones sound, but not the new stuff' arguments.
But if you still want to bring the hype and joy of hearing new deftones down by the negative attitude, i dont mind either. lol

Mattarchy

three dollar bill yall is a great album

DeftonesNZ

I'm looking forward to learning all the new riffs Stephen writing style is really fun to play

DAFTPUNK87

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Nov 01, 2012, 03:55 AM
I'm looking forward to learning all the new riffs Stephen writing style is really fun to play

Yes indeed it is! And Abe's drumming style is a freakin work out..!

www.facebook.com/HXGRM              www.soundcloud.com/shpes

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: DAFTPUNK87 on Nov 01, 2012, 04:08 AM

Hearing Abe play makes me want to learn drums, have you seen those rehearsal videos were he's just smashing them  he plays Damone and it sounds awesome

DAFTPUNK87

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Nov 01, 2012, 04:10 AM

Hearing Abe play makes me want to learn drums, have you seen those rehearsal videos were he's just smashing them  he plays Damone and it sounds awesome

Oh yes. I learned drums from listening to his playing. I'm a drummer first, electronic beat maker second, and guitarist third. Not tryin to spam my shit or anything lol but if you're interested check out some of my beats. Link is under my signature. I would suggest listening to the track called "My Feelings" first

www.facebook.com/HXGRM              www.soundcloud.com/shpes

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: DAFTPUNK87 on Nov 01, 2012, 04:12 AM
Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Nov 01, 2012, 04:10 AM

Oh yes. I learned drums from listening to his playing. I'm a drummer first, electronic beat maker second, and guitarist third.
You might enjoy this it's pretty cool because its actually focused on him so you can see him playing usually the cameras on Chino or stephen ,I wonder what's hes going to be like of Koi No Yokan doesn't he have some new effects equipment or something?
Deftones Damone Rehearsal

TheShade1989

Here's my opinion, because I have nothing better to do:

If they made an entire album full of songs like WGTB, just pure raw, brutal, heavy, aggressive, etc., I'd enjoy it at first, and then it'd become my least favorite album, though no doubt I'd still enjoy the songs, just not as much. If they made an entire album full of songs like Sextape, I'd enjoy it at first, then it'd become my least favorite album. People who LOVE their aggressive songs and would love for them to bring that back completely would prefer a heavy-sounding album, and vice versa for ppl who LOVE their softer songs. But...personally, I love how they have songs that are both, and often in the same song. How they bring it all together, create different thoughts, emotions, energy, memories, etc., for different ppl.

The thing is, regardless of our own personal music tastes, they're making music they wanna make. And they always say they dont make music with the intention of it being heavy or not heavy, so that makes it pretty obvious to me that they've all naturally moved onto a path where their music isnt consistently as heavy as it used to be, but still contains elements of it. So we all have to respect that as what music they're making. Course, noone's forced to like it; lots of ppl's favorite bands can go in a direction that's so different to a person's musical tastes that they dont like the band anymore. That's just how it is sometimes, but there's nothing that can be done about it unless you want them to force themselves to write heavy music just for the sake of it.

thenoiboi

Quote from: Ponte506 on Oct 31, 2012, 10:51 PM
The ambiance and atmosphere of those songs are timeless, as opposed to songs like "Beware" and "Minerva" that really don't give me any sense of awe...they're just atmospheric and soft "just to not be heavy". 

just got home and had to reply to this post in general, and this part specifically.

you're clearly using an EXTREMELY strict definition of heavy if you don't think "beware" is heavy.

also, let's not call their later releases "frank driven".  it might occur to you that he became a full time member of this band because they wanted to utilize the tools he brings to the table. it's not like he horned his way into both the band and then the creative helm.

and finally, how the shit are you hearing southern rock in the chorus of "tempest"? that's not rhetorical.  i'd really like to know.
we could be two straight lines in a crooked world.

thenoiboi

Quote from: TheShade1989 on Nov 01, 2012, 04:20 AM
Here's my opinion, because I have nothing better to do:

If they made an entire album full of songs like WGTB, just pure raw, brutal, heavy, aggressive, etc., I'd enjoy it at first, and then it'd become my least favorite album, though no doubt I'd still enjoy the songs, just not as much. If they made an entire album full of songs like Sextape, I'd enjoy it at first, then it'd become my least favorite album. People who LOVE their aggressive songs and would love for them to bring that back completely would prefer a heavy-sounding album, and vice versa for ppl who LOVE their softer songs. But...personally, I love how they have songs that are both, and often in the same song. How they bring it all together, create different thoughts, emotions, energy, memories, etc., for different ppl.

The thing is, regardless of our own personal music tastes, they're making music they wanna make. And they always say they dont make music with the intention of it being heavy or not heavy, so that makes it pretty obvious to me that they've all naturally moved onto a path where their music isnt consistently as heavy as it used to be, but still contains elements of it. So we all have to respect that as what music they're making. Course, noone's forced to like it; lots of ppl's favorite bands can go in a direction that's so different to a person's musical tastes that they dont like the band anymore. That's just how it is sometimes, but there's nothing that can be done about it unless you want them to force themselves to write heavy music just for the sake of it.

now, THIS sentiment, i can totally get behind. the realization that just because a new sound doesn't necessarily mesh with what you think their best work is, it's the course the band decided to take and it should be appreciated as evolution. we don't all have to enjoy it, but sitting around wishing they'd release "ATF/WP 2.0" is just kind of bizarre.

they way the members of deftones talk about their music, the second this band stops growing musically and settles into some sort of groove, be it a groove you enjoy or not, they're done. it seems counterproductive to me to be a fan of this band, or of music in general, to be disappointed in an artist exploring new sonic territories and building on what they've learned. that's what pushes music forward.

two cents.
we could be two straight lines in a crooked world.

kurtone

slyartwork

I'm not gonna read the previous pages so don't know If this was posted:

Should have leaked by now!
DUTCH DEFTONES FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/dutchdeftones

DUTCH DEFTONES TUMBLR: http://dutchdeftones.tumblr.com

ARTWORK SITE: www.slyartwork.com

DeftonesNZ

Yeah has already been posted and everyones excited lol

only pieces remain

posted like 20 pages ago, HA...i mean :(

nuno cal