Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Sharing Lungs, why the hate...?

Started by Blaze, Sep 23, 2012, 10:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dictatesofreason

from_musings

Blaze

Reading some of the responses here, I didn't mean to rustle peoples jimmies so much. Yeah, I'm open to all opinions. I'm not an asshole who wants to bring people down for not liking Deftones' new material. It's understandable and I respectfully agree. However, I guess my argument is just directed to music in general. It's happening to all new bands that want to try different stuff, and maybe this is me just leeching off my disappointment of the directions Linkin Park and Muse recently flew off in, I'm just trying to understand why people hate and why it's hard to adapt to new directions, even if they're surprisingly good directions. That's all. I'm not some Deftones elitist fanboy. For one, I dislike most of Adrenaline and a good few songs off ATF.

Once again, sorry for rustling many jimmies.

nineteen

It happens with every band where the fans don't like an apparent change and some do. It has happened from the 60's to the present day, so this whole thing isn't new in the slightest. Once I realised that I was able to accept different directions and not label any band a sell-out or whatever. Besides, their old albums are always about to listen to.

But like I said, same things with every band.

from_musings

pretty sure guys like mozart and beethoven were called sellouts/not true to their style, by the die hard fans who had been around since day one

one weak

Quote from: Blaze on Sep 25, 2012, 06:50 AM
For one, I dislike most of Adrenaline
My jimmies are officially rustled. I pray that you, sir, shall have an adrenaline listening party tonight, and report back tomorrow with a clear conscience.  :)

tarkil

Quote from: one weak on Sep 24, 2012, 09:33 PM
Quote from: dictatesofreason on Sep 24, 2012, 08:26 PM
tell that to vesanik
Ironically, your argument is growing increasingly weaker due to the fact that V has done 75% of the legwork and volunteered his time to compile the majority of the live footage seen here. Your incessant bullshit is tiring, and I for one look forward to continued updates of shows and rare uploads from all the folks around here who put forth a hell of a lot more effort than myself....regardless of their opinions.

+1, whether I agree with Ves' opinions is a different story, but he has done so much more for this board than anyone else here so....

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

blondie

Quote from: Blaze on Sep 25, 2012, 06:50 AM
Reading some of the responses here, I didn't mean to rustle peoples jimmies so much. Yeah, I'm open to all opinions. I'm not an asshole who wants to bring people down for not liking Deftones' new material. It's understandable and I respectfully agree. However, I guess my argument is just directed to music in general. It's happening to all new bands that want to try different stuff, and maybe this is me just leeching off my disappointment of the directions Linkin Park and Muse recently flew off in, I'm just trying to understand why people hate and why it's hard to adapt to new directions, even if they're surprisingly good directions. That's all. I'm not some Deftones elitist fanboy. For one, I dislike most of Adrenaline and a good few songs off ATF.

Once again, sorry for rustling many jimmies.

i don't think you rustled any jammies as much as we simply put you in your place.

you're welcome. :)

Vesanic

Quote from: dictatesofreason on Sep 24, 2012, 08:26 PM
tell that to vesanik

I didn't even see that. You're hopeless, my friend.

Cropduster

Quote from: Blaze on Sep 25, 2012, 06:50 AMFor one, I dislike most of Adrenaline and a good few songs off ATF.

I love ATF, but yeah, to me, Adrenaline leaves me cold. A few good tracks, but to me, just lacking in...something, I don't know what. It's their mosted dated sounding work too. Listened to whole of WP on way to work this morning and it still sounds fresh as a daisy.
How many days did it take man to create God?

Starz

So many new people on this forum

dictatesofreason

mrpelon94

Foreal finally somebody said something...this is supposed to be the definitive DEFTONES site and most of the people especially the ones who are always are on here are always bashing the band or any other member who try's to say something nice...it's should be one love not divided like bully's in the school yard ..just saying ..reason why I'm hardly on here now.

blondie

Quote from: mrpelon94 on Sep 26, 2012, 01:03 AM
reason why I'm hardly on here now.

::gasp::

well then, we will all change our human ways so you can be here more often!

ponyx

mrpelon94

Al rato putos.... ;)....LEATHERS kicks ass!! Block me if you must!

NYRexall

How can anyone call themselves a Deftones fan and dislike DE? That album pretty much typifies the band's sound and image.

Vesanic

Quote from: Black on Oct 05, 2012, 11:14 PM
How can anyone call themselves a Deftones fan and dislike DE?

How can anyone write such subjective trash?

Bza々

I love SNW. I don't give a shit about DE. DE is a good record and I'm glad it acquired them a huge, new fanbase, but it's not the Tones I love. But I'm liking Leathers and Rosemary so far so I'm sure I'm gonna love KNY.

beansandcornbread

Quote from: Vesanic on Oct 05, 2012, 11:29 PM
Quote from: Black on Oct 05, 2012, 11:14 PM
How can anyone call themselves a Deftones fan and dislike DE?

How can anyone write such subjective trash?

Easy now.  Every post is subjective.  You've never loved an album so much that you've said to yourself, how can anyone not love this?  Now I understand that it isn't for everyone, but I still have that thought at times.