Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Sharing Lungs, why the hate...?

Started by Blaze, Sep 23, 2012, 10:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesanic

Quote from: beansandcornbread on Oct 06, 2012, 05:01 AM
Easy now.  Every post is subjective.  You've never loved an album so much that you've said to yourself, how can anyone not love this?

Every post is subjective but that's just too much. And to answer your question, no. Never. You don't need to think "How can anyone dislike this?" to prove how much you love something.

beansandcornbread

Quote from: Vesanic on Oct 06, 2012, 05:11 AM
Quote from: beansandcornbread on Oct 06, 2012, 05:01 AM
Easy now.  Every post is subjective.  You've never loved an album so much that you've said to yourself, how can anyone not love this?

Every post is subjective but that's just too much. And to answer your question, no. Never. You don't need to think "How can anyone dislike this?" to prove how much you love something.

It's not about proving anything, just a feeling.

Subliminal

Let me tell you from experience.... this board is cynical as FUCK. Always has been, probably always will be. Deftones have some serious fans on here, who will probably never be happy until Chino sounds like he does on Around The Fur. You just have to ignore them and not let the negativity deter you from your love for the band, cause trust me, none of them give a shit what anyone on here thinks.

Vesanic

Quote from: Subliminal on Oct 11, 2012, 08:52 AM
Let me tell you from experience.... this board is cynical as FUCK. Always has been, probably always will be. Deftones have some serious fans on here, who will probably never be happy until Chino sounds like he does on Around The Fur. You just have to ignore them and not let the negativity deter you from your love for the band, cause trust me, none of them give a shit what anyone on here thinks.

LIAM!!!

tarkil

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

xLhabiax

Quote from: Blaze on Sep 23, 2012, 10:39 AM
This is just a quick observation, so don't feel offended when I say this, but recently I've been looking through some threads and there seems to be some harsh criticism and bashing towards certain albums (specifically SNW and DE... like, wtf?!). I'm not one to be a hypocrite, but I'd point out when a band has had a weak or mediocre album, and I'm sorry but Deftones have not had one at all (S/T might be their weakest according to general concensus, but it's by no means a bad album. It's actually still good). Each album is unique, creative, and distinctive in its own right. They seem to have one of the strongest discographies than most modern bands. I'm on other rock forums too, and they have so much love for them. Hell, even on the Linkin Park forums, they appreciate it.

Just recently, Leathers came out and most of the net was very excited to hear the track. They loved it, so did I. Then I came on here, and the enthusiasm was minimal bordering on "eh".

I'm not trying to bash fans here or anything, but it just seems that a lotta people are too overly critical of their music (not enough screams/not heavy enough/too experimental/Chino lost his touch, etc.), especially the hard fans which I did not expect. Can't we just enjoy the fact that the band is still making consistently great music?  :-\

Sorry for the rant.

So like what you like, what's it matter what other people think? I've been a fan since 99 and haven't looked back. Sure there are a select few tracks i dont keep in regular rotation (mein, street carp, pink cellphone) or albums i dont listen to as much as others but its my preference not anyone else's. Hell there are people out there who when i mention the Deftones automatically respond with "fuck that nu-metal crap" and i just dismiss them as easily as they dismissed the band. It's 2012 man, people like to voice their opinions no matter how popular or unpopular they might be, so jam out some ATF (my first exposure to the band and fav still) and smoke a blunt/drink a beer and relax.
We are ok in a misguided Sadist way

Nebontha

My basic ass response to this thread: why the fuck not?
That's all that needed to be said, not all these pages and pages of opinionated crap.
Okay so there's only 4 pages, but still.
Don't get me wrong, I don't hate DE, and SNW has a few good moments, but still.
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

Vesanic

Subliminal

Quote from: Vesanic on Oct 11, 2012, 10:33 AM
Quote from: Subliminal on Oct 11, 2012, 08:52 AM

LIAM!!!

ROMAIN!!!!!

Crazy Breed

some assholes think it's cool to be a dick to other fans.....i'm willing to bet they wouldn't act like this in person...it's easy to be tough over the internet...very different when you might land a blow to the grill.

You just learn to ignore the douchebags.

Nothing worse than an elitist dick hole who thinks he's a bigger fan because he's been a fan since the early 90s..i laugh at these clowns and toe down with any fool who wants to pop shit my way....but it's a realy nice thing when you find a like minded cool fan who just wants to wax Deftones and doesn't have delusions of grandeur.

The shade, is a tool, a device....a saviour!

DJR

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Sep 23, 2012, 12:35 PM
Quote from: Blaze on Sep 23, 2012, 10:39 AM
I'd point out when a band has had a weak or mediocre album, and I'm sorry but Deftones have not had one at all

Finally someone who speaks the truth.
Especially with their recent stuff it seems, based on the numerous interviews, that they have really enjoyed themselves and put out the record they wanted to. I appreciate that and to me Diamond Eyes and more recently Rosemary, Poltergeist and Leathers DO sound incredible and focused. All those pricks who are arguing that it doesn't sound "deftone-ish" enough should stop living in the past. Yes, they evolved further and yes, it sounds different from what they previously did, but saying it does not sound like them is ridiculous, since every record they released has been entirely different from each other.

WORD