Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

x Rx King x Album of the Week (negative and positive opinions appreciated)

Started by x Rx King x, Sep 27, 2012, 04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

x Rx King x

Crystal Castles (2010)

Crystal Castles II - Birds

Experimental band with their sophomore release. Amazing to me. Very distorted synths and vibrant beats... just check it out. Freakin awesome.

There Will Be Blood

Yea good band. sometimes they over do the whole 8 bit sounds. But Suffocation is a really good song I cant stop listening to it.

x Rx King x

Revocation - Teratogenesis

Brutal as the dickens. Thrash/technical metal band Scion sponsers, all that jazz. This is an EP, but nonetheless, great music. If you're into bands like Behold! The Arcopus, this might strike your fancy, although it's a little more straight forward and thrashy. Their earlier work is more simalar to bands like that. Check it.

Revocation - The Grip Tightens (Scion AV Official)

RoyalDeftonicBoy

I like both bands and I know Crystal castles since 2008.Great choices

x Rx King x

The Sword - Age Of Winters

AMAZING Doom/Stoner band from Austin, Texas. They have a new album coming out this week, Apocryphon, which I am BEYOND excited for. I figured I would put up a fantastic album of theirs in tribute. Think Black Sabbath meets Sleep. See? If you weren't excited before, you're excited now.

The Sword - Iron Swan

The Sword - The Horned Goddess

Crazylegs

x Rx King x

Quote from: Crazylegs on Oct 19, 2012, 05:38 PM
i wasn't aware they had a new album coming out. Nice!

yeah man, it's called Apocryphon. It kicks ass. Picking up my copy of it today. Lava orange vinyl, bitches!!!

Crazylegs

oh by the way. In the future, maybe post some download links for the albums you're listing. That's usually how we roll in here.

theis

x Rx King x

Hum - Downward Is Heavenward (1998)

Dudes, this band is freakin incredible. My dad had this album the day of it's release, round when i was 9 years old, and I picked Hum up from him. This and You'd Prefer An Astronaut changed my life. If you've yet to listen to Hum, check out You'd Prefer An Astronaut first, but this is a fantastic album in full. Flawless. Chino said himself that Deftones gets their tone off this band, and I can definitely see that. Hum is the pure definition of underrated....

Hum - If You Are To Bloom

Hum - The Scientists

http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/3931939/Hum_-_Downward_is_Heavenward

FNatt

wow, this band is really good. will definitely check them out.
digging The Scientists.

x Rx King x

Hello, all. I have returned from being absent for a while, due to exrenuous circumstances. Anyways, I thought this album would be a warm welcome back to SL.

High On Fire - Death Is This Communion

Stoner/sludge metal awesomeness. These guys spawned from this disbandment of the Stoner pioneers, Sleep. It is bittersweet, since we have High On Fire now. Strap yourself in for an 'in your face' kind of album, mates.

http://filetram.com/mediafire/high-on-fire-death-is-this-communion-rar-8830523806

theis

^ Great album. However, I think 'De Vermis Mysteriis' is their absolute magnum opus.