Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Album Of The Week - ToneDef

Started by ToneDef, Oct 24, 2012, 03:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToneDef

Raging Speedhorn (2001)

http://www.mediafire.com/?izo3dib5tty

OK, I actually wrote a huge piece about why I'm offering up this record and, more importantly, this band. But It all got deleted. Either way, this is something I'd really like you guys to check out. It's the debut record from one of my favorite bands of all time. They were a British band who released several albums, went through a few lineup changes and finished around 2008. Their first two albums remain their very best IMO. I'll provide both. Their sound contains elements of Will Haven, Deftones at their heaviest and Pantera - with an English twist. They're one of the heaviest bands I've ever heard, without sounding ridiculous. The riffs on show here are simply immense. I understand our tastes have changed so much over the years and back in 2001 we were into some things that maybe we're not anymore. But I still put this band on sometimes and they blow me away. They were huge for a while on the metal scene here in the UK and were everywhere. Back when I was in a band we all loved these guys and it showed in our sound. They were the ultimate live band. There hasn't really been anything like it since. This record, their self-titled debut reeks of a band about to explode and it's still one of my favorite of all time. Raw, extremely heavy British metal at its best. Enjoy.

As a taste, this is the video to their song The Gush. It was released as an EP and later included on the enhanced version of the album above. It's one of their most popular songs.

Raging Speedhorn - The Gush (Night Time Version)

tarkil

Hey man ! What's up ?

Glad to see you around a bit.
I'll give this a listen then ! Not sure if I should trust you, but hey...     :)

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

ToneDef

I'm always lurking man. Have more time on my hands lately, so thought I'd contribute a little, you know? And check it out man. Maybe too heavy for your old French ears though brother...

tarkil

May get some old honey off of them !!     :)

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

blixa

you haven't started listening to folk music yet i see.

ToneDef

This album was very much a blast from the past, young lady. Reminded me of my youth I suppose. However, no, I haven't. I guess Bon Iver or Ed Sheeran don't count?

defTHE1s

Not bad.
It reminds me to Alexisonfire specially on the voices, but sounds good.

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

fireflyry

I sooo remember a friend mentioning these guys around 2002 or so.From memory the conversation was based on me recently buying Earthtone 9's first album and him, being a dorky brit, mentioned these guys.Pretty sure I had a few beers while listening to their music....pretty sure....but then again I was young back then :P

Duel vocals, done well, kicks balls imo. Cheers for the share bro.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.