Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Koi No Yokan - Lyrics

Started by Vesanic, Nov 08, 2012, 12:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sooniletugo

Quote from: iceache on Nov 10, 2012, 08:17 PM
she tames (me) with her voices  ( The ME part is faint in the background)
Great catch. Didn't notice that 'me'.

My favourite lyrics so far would be Swerve City's.

She breaks her horses with strange distant voices.. that travel through the AIIIIIRRRRR so awesome ;) Great metaphor and insanely catchy.

thenoiboi

Quote from: goon squadi'm aware of the demons that you've tucked away.
i like to watch you release them. go on and say...
tell me how you do it.
every time, it takes my knees out.
every time you do it, i'm surprised.

favorite for now. reminds me of my life and shit. hits a chord.
we could be two straight lines in a crooked world.

arsenalfc

After a dozen of listens, I feel it's time to briefly share my opinion on the new record.

Swerve city - Not a big fan of the verses but the chorus makes up for it. 'They travel through the air' sticks in my mind which is good. Not a bad opener. 8/10
Romantic dreams - Opposite. The chorus is not to my likings, but this song has some darkness in the verses that makes the song interesting. Could well be a grower. 6/10
Leathers - As with many of us, overlistened in pre-release time. It seems to me that Chino is in-between screaming and singing on most of this song, original. 8/10
Poltergeist - Reminds me of the S/T album. Dark and bold, one of my favorites. This is how I like my Deftones. 9/10
Entombed - Has grown on my since listening for the first time. Needs some more time I guess, but I like the originality of Steph's guitar tapping. 7/10
Graphic Nature - Wax&Wane-like guitar riff. Got me straight away. The chorus is catchy and dark at the same time. Nice one. 8/10
Tempest - As the centre of this album, its beauty stands out to me with listening the whole album. The climax at 3.47 is one of my fav moments of the entire album. 8/10
Gauze - Awesome guitar riffs. I'm happily surprised with another dark song. Still a bit disappointed with the chorus. 7/10
Rosemary - In my opinion the best song Deftones have created, possibly ever (when disregarding WGTB). Beatifully edited, the climax with Chino's 'Explode' really sounds like one. Chorus is brilliant. The guitar outro my new tune before I go to sleep. 10/10
Goon Squad - Still have to get used to the echoed inhales, but apart from that I think this could be epic live. 9/10
What happened  to you? - You've gotta love the drums on this track. Great tune for a radio-friendly Deftones song. Allows me to play the album more often when the Mrs is at home. 8/10

I'm a proud Deftones fan with this new record. I suppose a few songs from this record will be keepers on future setlists, and they well deserve it. I'm happy with the way they produced an album that has a lot of depth, great production, and most of all awesome drumming. Abe has definitely outperformed all of his previous work with this one. Can't wait to see this stuff live. I hope Chino can keep his voice ok with all those high notes.

Well done guys!

P4n1cAtt4cK

You could pull the lyrics for whatever songs are shown in this video ;http://youtu.be/XmQVLvws0iE

Gee

"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

bloody_liver

I've listened, read, interpreted, and over-analyzed every studio albums lyric sheets.
But man, I finally realized that the music is so much better when you can't pin down exactly what Chino's words are.
So this time around I'm not reading into any of it. Just gonna let the music run through me like waves of solid musicianship

xToxin

Quote from: bloody_liver on Nov 16, 2012, 09:34 AM
I finally realized that the music is so much better when you can't pin down exactly what Chino's words are.

yeah i always felt that way but some of their older songs have some cool lyrics these new ones are shite tho

DeftonesNZ

I think with the style of this lyrics they were never going to please everyone some people will find them cheesy where others will find them beautiful

m1nusblindfoLd

So how bout those lyrics in Romantic Dreams about rape your babies?

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: m1nusblindfoLd on Nov 16, 2012, 02:42 PM
haha glad i'm not the only one that heard that

m1nusblindfoLd

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Nov 16, 2012, 02:49 PM
Quote from: m1nusblindfoLd on Nov 16, 2012, 02:42 PM
haha glad i'm not the only one that heard that

Seriously I mean, they couldn't make sure "raise" was a little more pronounced? I can listen with all my hearing power and no matter what, I hear no "S" sound at the end of the word. I hear a "pe".

I never got that. Why does that happen to lyrics in songs sometimes? Especially Deftones songs? Sometimes, there is no conceivable way that it is what it really is....do the singers do that on purpose or is it lost in post-production or something?

One of those things that piss me off, and sometimes makes other non-fan people think that they really are saying something else and they will never know any better lol.

sooniletugo

Haha never heard 'rape' myself. I hear "I promise, to watch and raise your baby child, in sync (thought it was "it's sick" at first)" The lyric booklet says "raise your babies, in time, in sync" but I cant hear the "in time" at that part. The lyrics are def wrong on that song anyway, the first few lines, I'm sure theres some pretty bad grammatical errors lol.

TheyCallMeP

Can anyone make out what the sampled part in Romantic Dreams says?

NicholasHume

Quote from: TheyCallMeP on Nov 18, 2012, 05:02 AM

I believe it's a police scanner - Chino had tweeted a link to http://youarelistening.to/ during the recording days of KNY - I would assume it's where they got the idea. No idea what it is actually saying

M1GHTY M4VS

Quote from: NicholasHume on Nov 19, 2012, 08:34 PM
Quote from: TheyCallMeP on Nov 18, 2012, 05:02 AM

I believe it's a police scanner - Chino had tweeted a link to http://youarelistening.to/ during the recording days of KNY - I would assume it's where they got the idea. No idea what it is actually saying

they did the same on Combat, I'm not sure but I think they mixed police and firefight radio.

beaverwithfishyshoes

are the lyrics in the booklet?

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: beaverwithfishyshoes on Nov 20, 2012, 01:26 AM
are the lyrics in the booklet?
Yeah but there are some mistakes as usual

only pieces remain

not too many though I don't think? what are the mistakes? My cd/booklet are in the car so i can't check at the moment.

Slacker

Quote from: only pieces remain on Nov 20, 2012, 03:03 AM
not too many though I don't think? what are the mistakes? My cd/booklet are in the car so i can't check at the moment.

they are at least 15 to 20 words wrong or missing, without counting out a whole verse missing in goon squad.

i revisited the lyrics, did a word to word edit. you can check it on the lyrics thread, third page i think, you can compare it to the booklet back to back and draw your own conclutions.

only pieces remain

k thanks. I know about the last verse in Goon Squad definitely is missing.