Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Koi No Yokan - Lyrics

Started by Vesanic, Nov 08, 2012, 02:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bewareofrats

Quote from: m1nusblindfoLd on Nov 16, 2012, 06:06 PM
Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Nov 16, 2012, 04:49 PM
Quote from: m1nusblindfoLd on Nov 16, 2012, 04:42 PM
So how bout those lyrics in Romantic Dreams about rape your babies?
haha glad i'm not the only one that heard that

Seriously I mean, they couldn't make sure "raise" was a little more pronounced? I can listen with all my hearing power and no matter what, I hear no "S" sound at the end of the word. I hear a "pe".

I never got that. Why does that happen to lyrics in songs sometimes? Especially Deftones songs? Sometimes, there is no conceivable way that it is what it really is....do the singers do that on purpose or is it lost in post-production or something?

One of those things that piss me off, and sometimes makes other non-fan people think that they really are saying something else and they will never know any better lol.
I've never noticed that in Romantic Dreams, I'll have to look out for it.

That reminds me of these lyrics in Battle-Axe:

"Well I still believe that the cause was always me"

No matter how hard I listen I always hear cross instead of cause.  It sounds like he says it with an 'r' and the end sounds like 'oss'  rather than 'ozz' which is how you say cause.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

Ortegasm

Just like in Engine No. 9 - "Cut a Rug!!"

kurtone

During the ending of good morning beautiful i could have swore instead of using "take off" it sounded like he was saying it with a j at the beginning. So it sounds like "jack/jake off"

iceache

you people need to clean the shit out of your ears... seriously.

976-EVIL

Quote from: iceache on Nov 25, 2012, 03:00 AM

Ha!
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

CharmCityTonesLover

Agree that Rosemary is quite possibly the best song they have made to date.  Turn off the lights and take a beautiful voyage.  As cheesy as it may sound almost in a Pink Floydesque sorta way.

versatile

Sorry to say this but I'm the only one who thinks that Rosemary is boring?
(:

sooniletugo

I'm sure you aren't, but it's unfortunate that you feel that way about it. It really is one of the band's greatest feats.

DeftonesNZ

Love the epicness of Rosemary it's like its the soundtrack to the end of the world

sing blue silver

I love Rosemary. It doesn't change too often for the longest song on the record and Stephen's part is a bit repetitive but to me that simplicity is brilliantly effective. Unfortunate you feel that way.

976-EVIL

I do not see it on the lyrics for Good Squad (love that track) but does Chino not say towards the end of the song after the breakdown..

"One last thing,,,you should beware the content..."

Am I right on this?

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: 976-EVIL on Nov 25, 2012, 04:39 AM
I do not see it on the lyrics for Good Squad (love that track) but does Chino not say towards the end of the song after the breakdown..

Am I right on this?
Yeah someone already went through and added missing lyrics for all the songs at the start of the thread,also why do some keep calling it good squad?

sing blue silver

I thought it was couture he said.

976-EVIL

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Nov 25, 2012, 04:42 AM
Quote from: 976-EVIL on Nov 25, 2012, 04:39 AM

Am I right on this?
Yeah someone already went through and added missing lyrics for all the songs at the start of the thread,also why do some keep calling it good squad?

Thanks for that Bro, knew I heard that right!

Goon vs Good spelling auto correct is a bitch.....

sooniletugo

He says "I see the crowns and I forget the couture" earlier on. The last verse I'm sure begins "One last thing, you should beware the content".

Rosemary is just so vast and ethereal. It definitely has a 'end of the world' feel, with the hope of finding new worlds in the process. Tempest's lyrics could also depict the looming 2012 'doomsday' (especially "The ancient arrival/cut to the end", which sounds like it might be referring to the Mayans' prophecy). I'm sure I read somewhere that Chino commented on the fact the album would have that theme to it? Might've been BS but I get that from some of the songs.

Quote from: sing blue silver on Nov 25, 2012, 04:32 AM
I love Rosemary. It doesn't change too often for the longest song on the record and Stephen's part is a bit repetitive but to me that simplicity is brilliantly effective. Unfortunate you feel that way.
Yeah, I was surprised Chino didn't play on that bit like he did live. Kinda weird, but it's still awesome. As you said, it's so repetitive that it actually works to effect.

DeftonesNZ

He said Tempest was about the whole 2012 Mayan thing ,he said they thought about doing the whole with the same concept but decided not to because it tunnelled what they could do.

976-EVIL

Love this board, thanks for the assist as always Gentlemen....

sooniletugo

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Nov 25, 2012, 04:49 AM
He said Tempest was about the whole 2012 Mayan thing ,he said they thought about doing the whole with the same concept but decided not to because it tunnelled what they could do.
Cool thanks, where was it he said this? Must've missed it. It's quite interesting, gives the song a whole new perspective.

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: sooniletugo on Nov 25, 2012, 05:05 AM
Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Nov 25, 2012, 04:49 AM
Cool thanks, where was it he said this? Must've missed it. It's quite interesting, gives the song a whole new perspective.
I think it was one of the first interviews after tempest came out can't remember exact one

bewareofrats

Quote from: iceache on Nov 25, 2012, 03:00 AM
As if there aren't any lyrics you mishear.   ::)

When I listen to Romantic Dreams it sounds like "I promise to watch and raise your babies" to me.  I don't know how anyone is hearing rape in that song.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847