Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Best Koi No Yokan Songs - Poll

Started by beaverwithfishyshoes, Nov 10, 2012, 12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M1GHTY M4VS

Graphic Nature
Goon Squad
Entombed

Leathers is dead last, although there have been a massive comeback from one song in the DE Shootout I don't see it growing.

Electron§

1. "Rosemary" (the best structured song on the whole album)
2. "Good Squad" (Probably the closest thing to an old school Deftones song on the whole album)
3. "Poltergeist" (Sounds badass at times because of how much bass the whole song has cus it sounds either Sergio turned his shit up, or Steph is using his lowest strings the whole time)
4. "Romantic Dreams" (Love the melodic part of the verse where Chino screams "Tonight, the stage is yours!", probably one of my favorites parts in a Deftones song ever, wish Terry had produced that part though, would've sounded fucking beyond dope)

rxjustine

Playhouse

1. Romantic Dreams
2. Poltergeist
3. Graphic Nature

Alxn

Rosemary first, I guess it is of of them masterpieces for sure, the transition to Goon Squad is preety trippy, and then it comes heavy again, my God its awesome.

But my second vote is for Romantic Dreams wich is such a great song, love the vocals here.
And the third is for Gauze, love every member's job in that one, epecially frank and chino.

Of course my list will change, as yours will too, but Rosemary probably will be in the 1st position always. Btw I freaking LOVE this album, absolutely better than DE and SNW.

sing blue silver

I chose Poltergeist, Graphic Nature and Gauze.

976-EVIL

Quote from: Jacob on Nov 10, 2012, 03:06 PM
shouldn't we do a survivor-type poll instead, like with DE?

Like this idea but we should wait until a week after the official release I think.
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

NicholasHume

I picked Romantic Dreams, Poltergeist and Goon Squad - but I really wanted to pick Graphic Nature

seasick

This was really tough, but I had to go with...

1. Romantic Dreams
2. Rosemary
3. Goon Squad

cesar421

Entombed,Gauze and What Happened To You?

cheachea

Entombed, Rosemary and What happened to You are classics.
Poyt Chops

DEFTONES x

Quote from: TheShade1989 on Nov 10, 2012, 12:41 PM
Poltergeist, Romantic Dreams and Gauze. Entombed woulda come fourth, but I wasnt allowed to pick a fourth.

AGREED.
They're all so fucking good though. Ugh. LOVE them all. Super pumped to own the physical copy of Koi No Yokan.

<3 Deftones <3

www.twitter.com/kurtiswithakay

Alectwin

Quote from: Vesanic on Nov 10, 2012, 02:36 PM
Poltergeist, Tempest and Gauze.

I said the same, in the same order...lol!

lxix

DJR

Goon Squad, Poltergeist, Romantic Dreams

beaverwithfishyshoes

Swerve City deserves more love - the bridge alone is so smooth

from_musings

Quote from: NicholasHume on Nov 10, 2012, 06:23 PM
If Leathers wasn't released ahead of time, do you think that everyone would like it more?

i believe so. a lot of ppl went bananas in the leathers thread when they first heard it

DJR

Quote from: NicholasHume on Nov 10, 2012, 10:15 PM
I picked Romantic Dreams, Poltergeist and Goon Squad - but I really wanted to pick Graphic Nature

Yeah i wanted pick Graphic too :/

TheyCallMeP

Kinda already said this on my last post on a different thread but:

Poltergeist, Rosemary, Romantic Dreams

Least: Swerve City

beaverwithfishyshoes

Quote from: TheyCallMeP on Nov 11, 2012, 03:43 PM
Kinda already said this on my last post on a different thread but:

Poltergeist, Rosemary, Romantic Dreams

Least: Swerve City

funny, Swerve City is prolly my favorite next to Poltergeist. The imagery in the lyrics, "floating through space" kind of verses and bridge. the song's very cinematic to me.

is it because it sounds like Mein a bit? the "Ohh's" in the chorus? The otherwise lame numetal riff it starts with is actually quite effective in this song i feel.