Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

My first garageband track

Started by chinomoreno876, Mar 14, 2013, 06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chinomoreno876

Its the very beginning stages and really rough, just used the external mic on the ipad to record my acoustic guitar and vocals, and used smart drums, its hard trying to master everything but i'll get it, and my music will be epic!!!

One More Shot

DeftonesNZ

I like the guitar part, I would suggest you just keep playing round with drum presets to see if you can find one that fits more naturally I know it's hard with the fake drums but bands have done it before just by experimentation, Please don't be offended but don't try so hard with the vocals, it doesn't fit the song and it's obvious you're putting on a voice just sing with your own voice I know you're probably trying to create intensity but it sounds insincere try bring up the intensity in other ways like changing the instrumentals it'll really help it.

chinomoreno876

No offense at all, thanks for the advice, all im really trying to do is convey the passion and emotion thats there. it gets overwhelming a bit trying to construct the whole song myself with not too much experience other than just messing around on an acoustic guitar, ill try what you said, i think i understand what you mean, i have melodies in my head and i know how i want the vocals to sound and what i hear in my head but i guess i have to transfer that to whatever fits my vocal range? I have a ton of songs in my head ive been trying to transfer it since as long as i can remember, im just impatient and get overwhelmed... either way thanks again for the advice and ill see if it helps... also on another note i contacted some band looking for a vocalist on craigslist and they sent me an mp3 of an instrumental and practice with that since its a full constructed song but i definitley dont feel it nearly as much as when i record my own since i have to find every note i want to hear.... at the end of the day i really just want my poetry / lyrics over music in the melodies i hear in my head.... we will see, garageband has been the first really user friendly fast and easy way to start to lay things down...... to be able to just drive around listening to songs i created and that sound good that would be swweeeet!!