Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Xbox one

Started by Crazylegs, May 21, 2013, 09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

Is price really that huge of an option anymore, especially for people out of high school? I mean if people are willing to spend that type of money on phones and tablets, is a next gen console really expensive?

It's all about exclusives first for me. I haven't dug deep with what's exclusive to which system yet from today's announcements, but I'm really excited for these: The Division, The Crew, Below, Sunset Overdrive, Mirror's Edge, D4, new Plants v Zombies. The Order looks intriguing on PS4 too.

I still want to know more about the PS Cloud though.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

N0S3BLEED976

Sony announced that the PS4 can be used entirely offline without any mandatory log ins every 24h in order to keep playing games and that the console will support used games without any limitation, which means there is no online verification and no restrictrion of doing what you want with your games, whatsoever. There's also no mandatory camera watching you like the Kinect. Even the games they showed were more interesting than those at the Microsoft presentation.

And most importantly, the PS4 will "only" cost 399$. 100$ less that the Xbox One for an overall better more powerful and way more customer-friendly console. The crowd went nuts when they announced the lower price :D

Right now there's just no reason for me to buy an Xbox One anymore. I'm completely amazed and happy by what Sony just pulled off

bright lights, big city

DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

bright lights, big city

nice, that is a hilarious shot at MS.

according to that though, looks like they're getting rid of the free online multiplayer.
DERP

N0S3BLEED976

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jun 11, 2013, 06:43 AM
nice, that is a hilarious shot at MS.

according to that though, looks like they're getting rid of the free online multiplayer.

Yeah, I admit that kinda sucks...

bright lights, big city

So are you guys waiting or getting either at launch? I'm probably waiting a year. Maybe prices will drop a bit, and we'll see if there's another Red Ring/Yellow Light of Death.

Plus, most of the games I want are on 360/PS3 for the next year: Watch Dogs, BF4, GTA5, Splinter Cell, Beyond, Destiny. But I am dying for Forza 5 and Killzone.
DERP

kurtone

I think ill get a ps4 at launch, or at least try to, I'd like to eventually have an xbox one for halo and gears of war, but ill hold out for a massive price drop

DeftonesNZ

PS4 it is then, I don't see any reason to buy the Xbox One over the ps4 for $100 more I was more impressed by the ps4's performance and graphics than the Xbox plus I know all that streaming stuff microsoft are pushing won't even apply to my country.Microsoft have really fucked themselves over with all that drm stuff surely it's better to have more people using the console with new and 2nd hand games then to have alot less people using only new games.

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jun 11, 2013, 07:00 AM
So are you guys waiting or getting either at launch? I'm probably waiting a year. Maybe prices will drop a bit, and we'll see if there's another Red Ring/Yellow Light of Death.

Plus, most of the games I want are on 360/PS3 for the next year: Watch Dogs, BF4, GTA5, Splinter Cell, Beyond, Destiny. But I am dying for Forza 5 and Killzone.
I'll get ps4 near launch I trust Sony to have a reliable console at launch unlike microsoft after the number of rrod xbox's I've seen.Plus there's is also the warranty incase. I can't honestly think of one reason to get an Xbox One over a PS4 except maybe Forza even still all that drm stuff would kill it I rent alot of games, fuck buying them straight away, if they're shit your stuck with them.

Cullision

I've really been entertained with all of these horrific Microsoft decisions. It makes me relieved that I'm not really a gamer anymore. If I was I would go ps4 for sure.

bright lights, big city

The more I read about the 2 before bed last night, the more I am leaning toward PS4. I could care less about connecting every 24 hours, and used game thing is an unconvenience, but I'm still skeptical about the Kinect. It's the reason it's $100 more, plus it needs to be on... I don't know. PS4's upgradeable HDD helps too.

In the end though it's all about games, and granted most are multi-platform, but I really think right now xbone has better exclusives.
DERP

DeftonesNZ

The thing about the 24 hour deal that puts me off is even though I will most likely always have the internet I want to be able to still use it in the rare case I don't, it's more about the principle behind it I believe once you've bought it you should be able to use it at your disposable it's like buying a car and having to ring the dealership every day to be able to drive it. Also I don't like the Kinect stuff either it just makes navigating messier and is too sensitive to small rooms and odd lighting plus the voice control is useless with accents, and the fact it always has to be on unsettles the potential for privacy breaches are just too great,  I'm not talking about some big conspiracy  I can just see Microsoft using it as a market research tool for stuff like finding out who is playing what so they can target their advertising more efficiently,this would give Microsoft the opportunity to not just see who is buying the games but actually playing them aswell as the players est age,size and ethnicity and other factors like how many people are involved in the room. The online requirement would allow for the information to be transferred back to them frequently and they have the network and resources to process the content, I'm not saying they would do this I'm just I just don't like the fact they could do it.

black coffee

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jun 11, 2013, 06:35 AM
Is price really that huge of an option anymore, especially for people out of high school? I mean if people are willing to spend that type of money on phones and tablets, is a next gen console really expensive

Difficult to generalize that. I know appletards who buy every new edition of the iPhone and find that perfectly normal, but who would say that buying a console in general is retarded. Which of course could easily be said vice versa.

Depends on whats important to anyone. For instance I bought a racing bike for 2000 euros ( which in a way was stupid as well cause I cannot lock that motherfucker anywhere outside )  but I probably wouldn't spend 500 euros on a console ever again like I did with the xbox360 back in the day. But also I am turning 30 in two years and thinking about other stuff than video games. So I agree to what Cullision wrote, my gamer days are behind me and I'm not sad about that. Though sometimes I sit together with my old friends I went to school with and we look back in nostalgia, thinking about how much fun we had doing LAN parties. And then I wished for a time machine to bring me back to the year 2000, and we play Unreal Tournament all night long

Corleone

Sony said today that they will leave the used games thing up to the developer, basically they lied. I'm still going with Sony because they make better hardware.

Penicks

DeftonesNZ

What is the  fuck is Microsoft even doing? Sony doesn't have to advertise anymore Microsoft is already pushing everyone away. they should never have gone with the always online thing and to ask for $100 more and basically tell people if you don't like it fuck off, it's just not on, I don't want to have to rely on updates from a company who blatantly refuses to listen to what the consumer wants. I still can't believe how badly they've fucked this up I think maybe they over estimate the power of their reputation to sell units, especially since their last console had a horrible reputation of getting RROD, I use to fix rrod 360s and some people may not know but the rrod is just like a warning message and is displayed by many different faults, as in one fault didn't take out all those xboxs but many different ones stemming from poor design, Not just that but the attempts Microsoft made to remedy the issue were pathetic I trust Sony alot more to provide a stable console.

Crazylegs

Sony has definitely got a leg up on the competition in the next generation race. They'll have to fuck up pretty badly now for this to turn out in microsofts favor. No doubt i'd go for a ps4 if i decided to buy one of these consoles, but like Black Coffee i probably won't bother with this, gaming just doesn't appeal to me the same way it did a few years ago.

bright lights, big city

Love the sad trombone. I realize all the hate, but as of now I'm still sticking with MS. They've just got better games. Their push towards the future with the cloud and digital downloads is what I like, they've got some amazing arcade games in the pipeline to go with about 7 exclusives that look awesome.

Here's my list of PS4 games: Primal Carnage, Infamous, Transistor (likely will go multiplatform in the future), and Last Guardian (now on hold). That it?
DERP

Jacob

Not a big console gamer, but I have to say I'm getting real curious about the PS4. No bullshit, just gaming. I haven't owned a TV since... well, ever. So it'd be a pretty expensive purchase. But Tom Clancy's Division looks incredible, and some games I'm really looking forward to, such as Dark Souls II and The Witcher 3 could very well be more enjoyable on console than on PC. I played the PC version of Dark Souls, but it wasn't until I bought a 360 controller I really started enjoying it. Also, playing The Elder Scrolls Online on release would be pretty cool. Even though I dislike the TES games on a whole, that one looks interesting.

Like I said before though, it's important to me that it works well as an entertainment unit, and I'm still waiting on details regarding backwards-compatibility. I've heard different things from people so far.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep