Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Bummer in the Summer

Started by Crazylegs, Sep 25, 2013, 12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazylegs

So during this summer, a friend of mine and myself decided to make a skate video. As you'll notice we're not the most talented skateboarders or filmers. Nor are we great musicians, but we decided to record a song to accompany our sub-par skateboarding and gave a go of jamming a shameless stoner-rock rip-off of the "whole lotta love" riff. In case you're wondering, i'm the skinny guy with the hat and i play drums. I give to you "Bummer in the Summer":

BUMMER IN THE SUMMER - THE MOVIE

downtownpony

Pretty dope man. Makes me miss my skateboard and drumset! One is down a drainage ditch, the other is covered up by boxes in my mothers garage.

Crazylegs

Who puts a drum kit in a drainage ditch? (lolz) Oh and thanks, it was a really fun way of wasting some time.

downtownpony

Y'all should make more vids

Crazylegs

i'm sure it'll be an annual thing from now on.

Crazylegs

downtownpony

good vid, and good music... Are you the guy that did the nose manual?

I recently traded a cheap old shotgun I had for a friends used skateboard. He thinks I'm crazy, but I am definitely going to get more use out of the skateboard, so it was worth it to me.
Hopefully I can work my way up to making videos like yours. Though I do have to admit, at 28, I feel a bit self conscious riding around and practicing.

Crazylegs

Thanks, man! Yeah, that's me.

Good on you, bud. I don't know what it would be like to start over again, but I know what you mean about feeling self conscious, i'm 27 myself. Hopefully the next installment will be up soon. We've recorded the song and the skating, so just waiting for my buddy to mash it all up into something nice.

downtownpony

Hell yeah! Looking forward to the new vid.

thewanderer

Quote from: downtownpony on Sep 16, 2015, 06:32 AM

I recently traded a cheap old shotgun I had for a friends used skateboard. He thinks I'm crazy, but I am definitely going to get more use out of the skateboard, so it was worth it to me.
Hopefully I can work my way up to making videos like yours. Though I do have to admit, at 28, I feel a bit self conscious riding around and practicing.

umm... what kind of cheap old shotgun? The words "cheap" "old" and "gun" usually don't mix well. And skateboards are usually inexpensive and virtually useless as armour in the albeit unlikely home invasion scenerio.

*Edit* sorry, I now feel this may come on as slightly disrespectful. I only want to educate those who may inherit firearms from their relatives. I know a friend who sold his grandfathers heirloom shotguns for far under value. If you don't want to own guns that's fine, but I recommend doing your homework before selling yourself short which I feel is the assumption I've made. If someone says you are crazy, swallow your pride and consider it as a possibility. You might have been able to buy 3 skateboards. If in doubt just ask <<< this guy.

Anyways, Crazylegs isn't just a clever name eh? You have the board skills I wish I could have developed. All I wanted was a kickflip! Stupid piece of wood.

Sometimes I hear certain sounds, and they make my dick really fucking hard.........

downtownpony

Quote from: thewanderer on Oct 05, 2015, 05:54 PM
Quote from: downtownpony on Sep 16, 2015, 06:32 AM

umm... what kind of cheap old shotgun? The words "cheap" "old" and "gun" usually don't mix well. And skateboards are usually inexpensive and virtually useless as armour in the albeit unlikely home invasion scenerio.

*Edit* sorry, I now feel this may come on as slightly disrespectful. I only want to educate those who may inherit firearms from their relatives. I know a friend who sold his grandfathers heirloom shotguns for far under value. If you don't want to own guns that's fine, but I recommend doing your homework before selling yourself short which I feel is the assumption I've made. If someone says you are crazy, swallow your pride and consider it as a possibility. You might have been able to buy 3 skateboards. If in doubt just ask <<< this guy.

Anyways, Crazylegs isn't just a clever name eh? You have the board skills I wish I could have developed. All I wanted was a kickflip! Stupid piece of wood.

The only brand I could make out on the shotgun was "Sears". It was a 410 single shot... I mainly used the word "cheap", because I only bought it for $60 from the same person I eventually traded it back to.
I faintly remember attempting to look up the price online, but the lack of identifying marks on the gun prevented me from finding anything.

Vesanic

Not to drag week jokes, but damn dude

Crazylegs

Wow, man! Good eye!

The third one is done, since a few months ago actually, but we've been waiting to put it out as my buddy wants to make some graphics for it as well. The skating is definitely not improving, but the music is, I think.

Crazylegs

Crazylegs

Shit. I'm triple posting here. But i have good news: Here's the newest installment of a fine skate/music video series which my friend Tim and I make. Have a look:

! No longer available

Red Pill

Good try m8, Keep rollin!

Crazylegs

try? Are you saying it's not good enough!