Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

True Detective (new HBO show)

Started by theis, Jan 14, 2014, 11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

So is either of our bros getting out of this alive? They both definitely seem willing to go down in a hail of gunfire if it means taking out the Tuttle cult.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

luisch

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

normsteez

May 28, 2000 HFSTIVAL
May 4, 2003 9:30 Club
Oct. 20, 2004 9:30 Club
March 2, 2006 9:30 Club
Dec. 4, 2006 9:30 Club
June 4, 2007 9:30 Club
September 2, 2010 Norva
May 15, 2011 Sonar
May 16, 2011 Sonar
October 26, 2012 Rams Head Live

http://normsteez.tumblr.com/

bright lights, big city

Loved this show so much and I'm gonna miss it immensely, from the opening credits, the incredible acting, the bickering of Hart and Cohle, the philosophical ramblings and minor clues about something deeper. And the surprisingly optimistic ending. Holy shit, that was groin-grabbingly good.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

bright lights, big city

Also, I liked how Cohle had a convenient, badly timed halluciation in the throne room

Da fuck?!
DERP

honeybeewu

Da fuck is right! So many theories! Great show. What the hell am I going to watch now? I feel like I've just been dumped.
Gonna take a while to get over these guys!! 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bright lights, big city

Yeah for sure. Game of Thrones will definitely help me. And Hannibal and The Americans are good to fall back on, haha.
DERP

from_musings

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Mar 10, 2014, 03:18 PM
Also, I liked how Cohle had a convenient, badly timed halluciation in the throne room

Da fuck?!

was that the same swirl thingy chole see's on the tree in the first episode?

(and in the sky like birds in another one) i would like to know where that teleportal takes you. anyway, that final episode was great - carcosa was a scary place  :o

bright lights, big city

Hell? It is a circle....time is a flat circle after all.
DERP

ben

Great show.  Coincidentally I read "The King In Yellow" in undergrad, so I understood a lot of the "weird supernatural" references.

vool421

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/07/10/hbo-true-detective-season-2-scripts/

Good to know there will be a second season but for some reason i just feel that nothing will top season 1.
Season 1 is just a masterpiece of a tv show.

Penicks

the buildup was way better than the finale though, the last two episodes could've been any other detective movie

blixa

i think the dialogue pretty much made season one. i have a lot of hope for season two but that's not going for much haha

bright lights, big city

I can't wait to hear who will be starring in S2. Potentially 4 main roles too.
DERP

blixa

so i saw the trailer for series two. i'm still not convinced with vaughn. i will wait to see how he does when the show starts.

bright lights, big city

A lot of people said the same about McConaughey, but I think he'll be good in this. Same with Colin Farrell - he's incredible in the right role. June 21 can't come soon enough.
DERP

blixa

DOWNLOADING FIRST EPISODE AND THEN I WANNA TALK.

bright lights, big city

LEONARD COHEN, YES.

I'll wait for your thoughts. So far all I'll say is, I fucking love Rachel McAdams.
DERP

theis

I thought it was a great episode.

Farrell's character is one twisted fuck!