Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Occult themes in the new Crosses album

Started by Make_shift Destiny, Feb 13, 2014, 01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Make_shift Destiny

Give her what you know she wants

Make_shift Destiny

I would make one for the Palms album as well, but it honestly doesn't seem to have much of those kind of lyrics. I will post examples of what I mean later

cvthedrv

yes, they are illuminatis, end of discussion.

luisch

Chino = Onihc = iluminati god. mystery solved
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

pony_01

ey its obvious. its on the lyrics its on the artwork its on the video its everywhere. you no need to make a thread. hahah

Make_shift Destiny

I watch this guy Mark Dice on youtube and he covers a lot of the Illuminati and occult themes in modern pop culture. It's some pretty eye opening stuff. I would suggest checking him out instead of talking shit... Educate yourself

Northcal

Bifrost

Quote from: Make_shift Destiny on Feb 13, 2014, 06:16 AM
I watch this guy Mark Dice on youtube and he covers a lot of the Illuminati and occult themes in modern pop culture. It's some pretty eye opening stuff. I would suggest checking him out instead of talking shit... Educate yourself

definitely, I think read in a recent interview too Chino talking about how they were influenced by the Occult, seems to me no doubt in his time in LA (he has since moved to Oregon) he hung out with that LA crowd and starting getting into the Occult, specifically, Chuck Doom seems to be about it, at least from what I gathered from the interview... kinda disappointing IMO

cvthedrv

Quote from: Bifrost on Feb 28, 2014, 06:13 PM
Quote from: Make_shift Destiny on Feb 13, 2014, 06:16 AM

definitely, I think read in a recent interview too Chino talking about how they were influenced by the Occult, seems to me no doubt in his time in LA (he has since moved to Oregon) he hung out with that LA crowd and starting getting into the Occult, specifically, Chuck Doom seems to be about it, at least from what I gathered from the interview... kinda disappointing IMO

why?

Bifrost

only for all the obvious reasons LOL  ;)

bloody_liver

Part of their aesthetic has a somewhat Poltergeist vibe.
I think this comes from the way Lopez set up his jam space from day 1. Chino and him have a treasure trove of B-Movies and forgotten horror flics almost like DJ Shadow has the most unheard records in his stash. The old analog vibe of the videos would basically play back and they got their sparks of inspiration by finding a sonic scape that is all their own style but works with the old VHS tapes in a fucked up way. That's why all the early studio videos would be when they synced up the perfect movie scene to playback to their demos, and why it extended to their whole promotional video content and music videos having an analog vibe to them.

pony_01

so the album was "kind of" inspired by the movie "Holy Mountain" which is really strange creepy occult movie.

Inner w Peace

Crosses signed with Sumerian Records ...
! No longer available
Selling Their Soul

sharinglungs

Quote from: Inner w Peace on Jul 22, 2018, 05:48 PM

Selling Their Soul

In September 2013, Crosses signed with Sumerian Records

Talk about NecroPost.

Inner w Peace

Quote from: sharinglungs on Jul 22, 2018, 07:20 PM
Quote from: Inner w Peace on Jul 22, 2018, 05:48 PM

Selling Their Soul

In September 2013, Crosses signed with Sumerian Records

Talk about NecroPost.

If you're adding something new of value to the thread it's totally fine. And if you're not adding anything of value, it's irrelevant whether it's a necro or a new topic, you probably shouldn't bother posting it anyway.