Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

PALMS [new Chino Moreno side project]

Started by luisch, Apr 25, 2012, 06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkblades

I think I remember an interview with Chino where he said he basically recorded the vocals while on tour with Deftones in hotels and also some of it while he had a cold, lol.

O

Draken

Hesperian Death-Horse!

I seriously can't believe that Chino dogged the Palms album like that. I can understand if he personally is in pursuit of "perfection" and holds high standards for himself and that's admirable and all that but the Palms LP is fucking amazing. I was not sucked into Crosses AT ALL but I love Palms. Not trying to shit on anything just making the comparison for the purpose of uplifting Palms. I hope they do more. The first LP was a glorious and admirable first crack at collaboration for those guys. The only thing disappointing about it for me is that there wasn't another track or two of music more like "Shortwave Radio" or "Mission Sunset."

That one untitled new song they've played live sounds killer. I want more Palms. Badly.

Deadradio

Quote from: Hesperian Death-Horse! on Sep 20, 2020, 12:19 AM
I seriously can't believe that Chino dogged the Palms album like that. I can understand if he personally is in pursuit of "perfection" and holds high standards for himself and that's admirable and all that but the Palms LP is fucking amazing. I was not sucked into Crosses AT ALL but I love Palms. Not trying to shit on anything just making the comparison for the purpose of uplifting Palms. I hope they do more. The first LP was a glorious and admirable first crack at collaboration for those guys. The only thing disappointing about it for me is that there wasn't another track or two of music more like "Shortwave Radio" or "Mission Sunset."

That one untitled new song they've played live sounds killer. I want more Palms. Badly.

I hear ya. I was hoping that during the pandemic there would have been more Palms and Team Sleep stuff that got done, but I'll take what I can get.

GlimmeringMaggit

Is that some new Palms I see? 👀
Formerly LG95

Vesanic

10 years later

this is fucking sweet

Inkblades

Not available in my country yet but the New Zealand Apple Music snippet is definitely this song they played live back in 2014:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRBfCGH9JQ0&ab_channel=JXero3

Deadradio

Quote from: Inkblades on Feb 22, 2023, 06:34 AM
Not available in my country yet but the New Zealand Apple Music snippet is definitely this song they played live back in 2014:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRBfCGH9JQ0&ab_channel=JXero3

Where can you hear the snip at?

Inkblades

Should be up on Spotify now.

Production is a lot crisper than the album. Wonder if this means Palms is back now?

Deadradio

Quote from: Inkblades on Feb 22, 2023, 07:10 AM
Should be up on Spotify now.

Production is a lot crisper than the album. Wonder if this means Palms is back now?

Thank you!

plagasx

HOLY SHIT OUTTA NO WHERE. I've been waiting for them to release that opening song they always played live! Also, yea it does sound slightly better production wise than any of the songs on the album. Wonder why?

Made my goddamn night!

Perhaps a hint of more to come?? 👀🤞

Draken

Wow, yeah that made my day. Kinda forget about things for awhile and then out of nowhere decide to check and... new PALMS!!! Sounds so much better production wise. Hard to believe it's been 10 years since their debut.

surgery

Hmm 10 years later, it's not that bad. But now it's a new song after 10 years again

deffur

Another team sleep CASUALTY i guess?...
×× deffur ××

B33HIV3

It is what it seems, along with Saudade as well