Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The +/- thread!

Started by raynor, Jun 23, 2004, 01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

black coffee

quality post, too bad you don't post here too often anymore

chick de la lynch

He's too busy gallivanting the streets of Austin to post here anymore.

blixa

Quote from: chick de la lynch on Jul 05, 2014, 09:33 PM
He's too busy gallivanting the streets of Austin to post here anymore.

what a sell out!

deftones47

+ Otakon in a month
+ going to Seattle right after that
+ Upcoming Mastodon tour

blixa

+ enrolled for my classes at uni.

- david foster wallace not being alive.

lostpilot

+ I want to fulfil that dream. It's hugely ambitious and is a dream but #YOLO, I have nothing else to do in this lifetime but to follow my dream. I want to transform myself and to become who I always envisioned myself to be. And to finally succeed with my music. I am self-taught and have been making music for good ten years, even though only for the four or five I am making music that is worth something. Composed around 20 albums-worth of music, played around a hundred of shows, most of them alone (wish I had people who would help me out there on stage, to make it bigger, better), and I realise that I am miles away from where I want to be. I hate having to have a full-time job, it consumes so much time and energy, and I can't multitask so well, and put a lot of effort into both things..
+ ..plus we are very happy and have been for the whole time of being together in this new flat in another city, the capital..
+ ..and there are always enough cat gifs on the internet..
- .. but my vacation ends in like, half an hour. And I'll have to work almost 150 hours in two weeks which sucks major fucking balls.
- That dream is still not here.
+ new Grimes song, first five songs of new Anathema album and lots of post-everything pop-clashes-electronic music in my Spotify playlist

Diplo

Vesanic

+ Therapy seems to be working, depression is less and less on the daily plate and feeling normal is finally getting easier.

- The fucking heat

Diplo

+finally found a company
+here we go for a new city, new car, new apartment

-away from my girlfriend
-no summer vacation for 3 years and it will be the same for the next 3 years
-hate the economy, wish I was born in a time full of wealth

black coffee

truth be told these are times of massive wealth... theres probably more than ever before. problem is the unequal distribution of it. Think about that, the 100 richest families in the world own as much as the poorer half of all people on this planet.

+ back from city trip to Riga, beautiful place 
+ Chevelle concert in November

blixa

+ being able to walk around the house naked.

Diplo

Quote from: black coffee on Jul 24, 2014, 03:47 PM
truth be told these are times of massive wealth... theres probably more than ever before. problem is the unequal distribution of it. Think about that, the 100 richest families in the world own as much as the poorer half of all people on this planet.

+ back from city trip to Riga, beautiful place 
+ Chevelle concert in November

Sadly right...

deftones47

+ Enjoyed time at a friend's yesterday
+ My Otakon cosplay is getting closer to being finished
- Next week and some days will be boring. No job, and really nothing else to do.

+ My troubled ears finally *popped* after being 60% percent deaf for the last 2 years
- I'll probably ruin them again real fucking soon
+ Learning the human body does heal some things naturally with time without doctors and insurance and all that shit
+ / - I CAN HEAR EVERYTHING

digital bath

Quote from: 82 on Aug 15, 2014, 05:05 AM
+ My troubled ears finally *popped* after being 60% percent deaf for the last 2 years
- I'll probably ruin them again real fucking soon
+ Learning the human body does heal some things naturally with time without doctors and insurance and all that shit
+ / - I CAN HEAR EVERYTHING

Trust me, most times it's better to go to a doctor if somethings wrong with your health.
Your body "can" heal itself with time, sure, but it can just as well become worse.
Good health is a gift and not taken for granted. :)

black coffee

In all seriousness, don't take your ability to hear for granted and just wear ear plugs at concerts. No need to force luck a second time...

devilinside

+ saw Eminem in Detroit last night and I'm still high as fuck
+ new Eminem album coming out Black Friday!

Northcal

Almost got killed by the Napa earthquake @3:20am
got high as F 8)uck @ 4:20am yee

deftones47

+ Otakon was better than it was last year
- Seattle trip was meh
+ My next semester starts tomorrow

digital bath

+ 2 weeks holidays
+ chilling on the Rhine (river) with beer, good music and a boring written book but with interesting theme.
+/- weather constantly changes from sunny to rainy
- less money
- feel like I would catch cold