Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Question for drummers

Started by endstand, May 20, 2015, 02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

endstand

What Deftones songs are the easiest ones to play on drums? Me and my friend started the band, and I'm looking forward to learn to play some Deftones songs.
hello memory lover, you are mine

DeftonesNZ

I've seen someone say My Own Summer is a good one for beginners

Penicks

anniversary of an uninteresting event

Crazylegs

There's a lot of songs that are pretty simple on the drums if you don't really care about replicating all the fills and details exactly right, which isn't really important in most cases. I remember feeling a little bummed, when i was new to drumming, that i couldn't play along with a lot of deftones songs, just because the fills and stuff always stumped me. As long as you can replicate the groove you're all set. Songs like Minerva, and Change for example are pretty straight forward. Sometimes too, maybe you want to slow things down by playing eigth notes instead of sixteenths on the highat or whatever. The best way to determine which ones are allright to play, however, is to just browse through the albums and try and play along to all the songs and see what they feel like.

deftoner664

I'm a guitarist, but when I had a drum kit I picked up on Around the Fur, My Own Summer, and  the main beat to Rx Queen pretty easily. I highly suggest downloading Guitar Pro 6.. although its for guitarist it shows you how to play the drum parts... they're midi files and sound kinda cheesy when played through Guitar Pro, but all the rhythm notation (drum parts) are solid and very helpful for learning any song.

I'd look up how to read drum notation and go from there.. there are plenty of notation/tabs online of Deftones... I have a personal collection myself.

Found a bad ass midi/ guitar pro of the drums for Combat.
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

DeftonesNZ

Tuxguitar is a good free program to open those guitar pro files aswell

deftoner664

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on May 21, 2015, 03:54 AM
Tuxguitar is a good free program to open those guitar pro files aswell

Yup, thats an option too.. I've never used it personally but I've heard positive things about it for being free tab/notation reader.. Good call, NZ.
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

DeftonesNZ

There's also songsterr which is basically an online version but it's good the tabs are organised better, you can choose a difficulty and then filter by instrument