Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: The Prodigy on Apr 04, 2017, 05:16 PM
You are wrong! It's your opinion "The reason they are still a creative entity is that they are engaged with what they do." I dont share your views!
When we are debating an issue, means giving me your honest opinion, whether you think I'll like it or not. Disagreement, at this stage, stimulates me. But once a decision has been made, the debate ends. Gore still sucks! In my opinion!

Notice how you say things like "You are wrong!," and "the debate ends," implying an obective hardline fact that you, yourself, hold, but then follow up with talk about "opinions."

It's interesting, really. It seems the only "opinion" you believe is valid and worth sharing is your own. [sarcasm]That's so unlike you![/sarcasm]
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

The Prodigy

Hahaha...You are a low troll...When we are debating an issue ,once we agree or once a decision has been made by all in the debate, the debate ends.

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: The Prodigy on Apr 04, 2017, 06:22 PM
Hahaha...You are a low troll...When we are debating an issue ,once we agree or once a decision has been made by all in the debate, the debate ends.

You are insufferable.

There is no decision to be made. A decision has already been made by everyone before they've even posted here. This is preference, not debate. You do not debate what sounds good for someone else. That is what you're doing when you say something like, "You are wrong!"

This is what an opinion looks like:

"I think Gore is good because ____" or "I think Gore is bad because ____"

This is what an asshole looks like:

"You are wrong! If you disagree you're a fanboy! The debate ends!"

If you're incapable of distinguishing the fundamental difference between these two things, you're probably part of the latter.

Fred Bob came here, new to the forum (or so it seems), provided his thoughtful insights, and your first response was "You are wrong!" I firmly believe you know exactly what you're doing, and you do it intentionally.

You are fucking cancer.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
3/8/13 - House of Blues
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Vesanic

It's depressing how serious the internet has got. We contributed to this. Fucking hell.

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: Vesanic on Apr 04, 2017, 06:42 PM
It's depressing how serious the internet has got. We contributed to this. Fucking hell.

It's true, and I know I'm contributing. I just have a hard time seeing people act like complete douche bags without saying something about it. I'm that kind of guy in real life... It's a problem for me, and I'm working to correct it.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
3/8/13 - House of Blues
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
5/17/22 - The Anthem

The Prodigy

Ok. I get it, but I was saying he's wrong thinking , we all share this view : "The reason they are still...entity is that they are engaged with what they do." It's a opinion and I dont agree... I was not trying to be an asshole... No bad blood! Reply to me on your album of the week!

Fred Bob

Hey Prodigy,
It's exactly that, I'm saying why argue about a band that you think are spent, or at least have been for however long you think they are? There are millions of bands out there to check out, one's that maybe get you to feel about music about the way Deftones did at a point in time. Im just saying if it's not working for you and it's just about arguing, then nothing but an argument will come out of it. I mean what is the goal of letting everyone know you hate Gore? And more to the point, why if someone says they like it do you need to quickly post that its rubbish? Its like I said, the guys are not dwelling on stuff that makes them unhappy.

I am totally into back and forth for something productive, Jesus this band is renowned for it!! Without that feeling its teethering on the brink all the time, we would not have that chemistry and product from it. But that is them, and for us on the board nothing comes out of it. Then again it would be as boring as hell without the banter.

And if you're interested, my album of the week this week is an oldie but a band called Therapy?, album Semi Detached... awesome

The Prodigy

But again, this is one point of the forum, sharing opinions!
Quote from: The Prodigy on Apr 04, 2017, 05:16 PM
It's your opinion "The reason they are still a creative entity is that they are engaged with what they do." I dont share your views!
When we are debating an issue, means giving me your honest opinion, whether you think I'll like it or not. Disagreement, at this stage, stimulates me. But once a decision has been made, the debate ends. Gore still sucks! In my opinion!

Therapy? I will check it out!

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: The Prodigy on Apr 05, 2017, 10:05 AM
Therapy? I will check it out!

Please do! Okay okay, I'm sorry. I know that was a cheap shot... I just couldn't help myself, the setup was too good.

QuoteOk. I get it, but I was saying he's wrong thinking , we all share this view : "The reason they are still...entity is that they are engaged with what they do." It's a opinion and I dont agree... I was not trying to be an asshole... No bad blood! Reply to me on your album of the week!

Okay, buddy. I'm not above "squashing some beef." I get what you're saying. I wonder if sometimes the issue might be something lost in the translation? It seems that maybe English isn't your first language, and so maybe some things come off different than what you've intended.

No bad blood here. Everyone abuses the relative anonymity of the internet to be a dick sometimes. It's not something unique to any particular person. You're not cancer, that was a bit harsh. I seem to agree with you on politics and hip hop, even if we disagree on Nu Metal and Deftones. It's all good. Nobody's the same, and that's a good thing.

You do come off kind of like a real dick sometimes though, even if maybe you don't intend to. Maybe something to work on?

I'll comment on your post in my album of the week thread later tonight when I get home.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
3/8/13 - House of Blues
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
5/17/22 - The Anthem

The Prodigy

Yes. I am from europe!  I agree with this guy on this!

Quote from: hephty on Mar 22, 2017, 08:34 PM

After that study, I realized that learning Spanish could have a profound impact on my poesy, especially in that it would broaden my ability to draw associations, and therefore have a more diverse style with new ways of looking at things. This ability, to draw associations, is what caused me to take Spanish more serious, because not only will I enjoy a second language in all it's glory, but it will also help my English, and poesy, in ways I can only imagine.
I speak more than 2, But I have my flaws too, But that doesn't diminish it. Maybe I'm only human after all.

"I'll comment on your post in my album of the week thread later tonight when I get home."

Cool. K!

defTHE1s

Quote from: laurapalmer on Mar 31, 2017, 10:37 AM
While Diamond Eyes and KNY are far from the best Deftones records, they sound fantastic. If Gore sounded the way they did you'd all be sucking it's dick.
Probably yes.

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

The Prodigy

Quote from: defTHE1s on Apr 11, 2017, 01:34 AM
While Diamond Eyes and KNY are far from the best Deftones records, they sound fantastic. If Gore sounded the way they did you'd all be sucking it's dick.
Probably yes.
Probably no.

Inkblades

Quote from: defTHE1s on Apr 11, 2017, 01:34 AM
Probably yes.

Definitely, yes. We didn't know how much of a good thing we had with Raskulinecz. "Oh, but his production sounds too clean! He's not Terry Date!"  Anything over Matt Hyde again.

Red Pill

Definitely, no.

rainnyx4

The songwriting just wasn't there on Gore. KNY was massively ambitious and progressive for the band with all of the intros/outros, fully formed songs, and varied structures, styles, and techniques. KNY was the closest thing they've done to a progressive concept album since WP, the album flowed and was expansive. Gore largely retreated on the intros/outros making it feel like a step backward. The only thing it really added to their sound was an 80's rock/metal flair on certain songs, that just wasn't that exciting for the most part. That said, Chino's vocals and Sergio's bass really shine on Gore. The shitty production certainly didn't help matters, but Gore wouldn't have been stellar even with good production. Hopefully, they're more inspired and ambitious on the next one.

BillyNo.9

Deftones suck m8. Gore is wank.

Seven

Quote from: BillyNo.9 on Apr 16, 2017, 09:01 AM

Deftones suck m8. Gore is wank.

::)

Inkblades

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Apr 12, 2017, 02:27 PM
The songwriting just wasn't there on Gore. KNY was massively ambitious and progressive for the band with all of the intros/outros, fully formed songs, and varied structures, styles, and techniques. KNY was the closest thing they've done to a progressive concept album since WP, the album flowed and was expansive. Gore largely retreated on the intros/outros making it feel like a step backward. The only thing it really added to their sound was an 80's rock/metal flair on certain songs, that just wasn't that exciting for the most part. That said, Chino's vocals and Sergio's bass really shine on Gore. The shitty production certainly didn't help matters, but Gore wouldn't have been stellar even with good production. Hopefully, they're more inspired and ambitious on the next one.

Massively ambitious? Let's not go that far. The intros on Leathers and Goon Squad are cool, but the intro on Hearts/Wires is probably more progressive than any intro on KNY. Songwriting on KNY isn't that strong, anyway. Romantic Dreams and WHTY? are just trite, if anything. Tempest is an interesting but ultimately failed experiment that doesn't really gel together. Some good lyrics, though. Entombed has the worst bridge in Deftones history. Poltergeist is good, but would be better if Chino's screams were stronger on it. Graphic Nature is the type of song you think you enjoy while listening to it, but then immediately forget about once its over. Gauze has a fucking awesome vocal performance (that chorus, tho) but needs better riffs. Goon Squad is fun until its chorus gets repetitive. And now that I think about it, that intro really does not fit well with the rest of the song. Swerve is pretty good for a song that sounds like its trying too hard to get radio play. Rosemary's good, but better live.

That leaves Leathers, which is the best song on the album. *runs away*

Interesting that you're coming around on Chino's Gore performance, though. So being that you don't like Gore, do you blame it on Steph then?

LG95

Swerve City is fucking massive and I won't it have any other way. That riff is a better Sepultura-esque riff than Sepultura themselves have actually written in the last twenty years.
I could float here forever

Inkblades

I actually like Swerve a lot. It's probably the best song from Koi after Leathers, Gauze and Rosemary IMO. The bridge, in particular, is awesome. But...

Yup, there's a but. But that hook was designed specifically for radio play. Now, I guess there's nothing wrong with that, but it's just so damn poppy. OoooooooooooohOoooOooOoooOOOOOH! And it's actually a really impressive note he hits...I guess I'm nitpicking, but I dunno. Pop City.