Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nineteen

Quote from: MrVesanique on Apr 02, 2016, 09:53 PM
Honest advice :

I'm grateful to YouWOuldKnow, thank you very much again. But I feel bad having listened to these. Didn't have this problem with DE and KNY, but here you can definitely tell they aimed for something bigger as a whole and this NEEDS to be heard in one shot. I will hold off on listening to anything else before Apr 8. I suggest you do the same. I know, it sounds easy from someone who's heard half of it, but like I said I kinda regret it already.

I shouldn't worry on this one. Totally appreciate how you feel on this but I'm fairly certain this is what we've been waiting for. I remember hearing ATF tracks (funnily enough, after it was released as I could never afford the album at the time) before I got chance to hear it in full but I think no matter what; if the album is properly crafted then it will always continue to shine as a whole.

Substance Abuse

A PM would be awesome!

RaptureWS

Quote from: ClevelandCaliRyder on Apr 02, 2016, 10:01 PM
Quote from: LG95 on Apr 02, 2016, 09:47 PM
Quote from: ClevelandCaliRyder on Apr 02, 2016, 09:40 PM
Those whisper "breakdowns" or whatever on Acid Hologram (1:20, 2:25) really remind me of stuff from ATF, which is probably why I really dislike those parts...
AH would definitely be a 10/10 song without those parts...imo of course.
Still an amazing song.
Oh mate, the whispered vocals have always been one of my favourite things about Chino's singing. I've missed hearing him do those.

That's fair, i don't dislike the vocals, so much as that part of the music just feels like it was copied and pasted from a different song completely. ruins the flow of the song in my opinion.
I'm a little harder on ATF than i should be honestly, the only song i genuinely dislike from it is MX. the rest range from "Good" to "Alright..."
Adrenaline is really the only 'Tones album i don't listen to any songs from.

in other news, i'm playing AH on repeat, I really shouldn't, but i can't stop.

In other news,

Crazy! I posted earlier how Deftones music does different things for different people so I won't regurgitate what I already said but WOW!

ATF, to me, is the quintessential Deftones album and MX is an absolute masterpiece in my mind. I could never pick ONE fav Deftones song but I could likely pick 4 or 5 and MX would be one of them. It always amazes me (in a good way) how people that love Deftones equally can have wildly different opinions on particular albums and tracks.
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

fitch

Quote from: Seven on Apr 02, 2016, 10:06 PM
Quote from: AJPV24 on Apr 02, 2016, 09:44 PM
Quote from: deftonesluvrbrazil on Apr 02, 2016, 09:42 PM
Quote from: Deadradio on Apr 02, 2016, 09:40 PM
Phantom Bride (currently creating tears)

hello, can you please send me phantom bride? ramonfr2014@gmail.com

all set, i sent gore too because i dont have them individually.

Could I trouble you for the same?

PM all songs possible please

nineteen

Vesanic

Quote from: Berserker_Armor on Apr 02, 2016, 10:03 PM
Your inbox is full ves. Tried to PM you
They wouldn't stay open and I am still 25 miles away. Just pulled into a pit stop for the update. I'm sorry, I needed to find out just 15 mins earlier.

I feel terrible. Wanted to be the hero and hear the album.

Hah, sorry for you, man. Sounds like the lost quest. Thanks for giving it a shot for us! Pretty sure I know where you're gonna be tomorrow morning, right?

nimmerzz

Diplo

Quote from: MrVesanique on Apr 02, 2016, 10:04 PM
Quote from: Diplo on Apr 02, 2016, 10:00 PM
If you listen it just one, two or three times, the day you hear the whole things it's like the first time. So I'm okay with the leak.

Yeah but I'm terrible with patterns, especially when it comes to my favorite music, I can be quite the cookie monster.

I understand, I have the same problem with the chicks  :P

Vesanic

Quote from: nineteen on Apr 02, 2016, 10:06 PM
Quote from: MrVesanique on Apr 02, 2016, 09:53 PM
Honest advice :

I'm grateful to YouWOuldKnow, thank you very much again. But I feel bad having listened to these. Didn't have this problem with DE and KNY, but here you can definitely tell they aimed for something bigger as a whole and this NEEDS to be heard in one shot. I will hold off on listening to anything else before Apr 8. I suggest you do the same. I know, it sounds easy from someone who's heard half of it, but like I said I kinda regret it already.

I shouldn't worry on this one. Totally appreciate how you feel on this but I'm fairly certain this is what we've been waiting for. I remember hearing ATF tracks (funnily enough AFTER it was released but could never afford the album) before I got chance to hear it in full but I think no matter what; if the album is properly crafted then it will always continue to shine as a whole.

Appreciate the oldschool input, I can't speak with that position. Interesting.

Vesanic

Quote from: Diplo on Apr 02, 2016, 10:09 PM
I understand, I have the same problem with the chicks  :P

Put both together and you just lost your soul forever.

ConcealingFate92

Quote from: nimmerzz on Apr 02, 2016, 10:09 PM
Really???

You have people literally BEGGING in here and nobody will send anything out??

Someone did this for you...

Sometimes its hard to keep up with all requests man, just relax...

Give me your email
Always the same old taste, just a new injury...

jlaggot

Been away all day and i dont feel like reading through 100 pages of stuff. Can someone help me out?

1. Why did only a few songs leak and not the whole thing? I figured once the flood gates opened they would open all the way.

2. Which songs exactly leaked?

3. What's the source of the leak?

Berserker_Armor

Quote from: MrVesanique on Apr 02, 2016, 10:09 PM
Quote from: Berserker_Armor on Apr 02, 2016, 10:03 PM
Your inbox is full ves. Tried to PM you
They wouldn't stay open and I am still 25 miles away. Just pulled into a pit stop for the update. I'm sorry, I needed to find out just 15 mins earlier.

I feel terrible. Wanted to be the hero and hear the album.

Hah, sorry for you, man. Sounds like the lost quest. Thanks for giving it a shot for us! Pretty sure I know where you're gonna be tomorrow morning, right?

Not open on Sunday. Will try Monday but I have work

fitch

Quote from: ConcealingFate92 on Apr 02, 2016, 10:11 PM
Really???

May I get in t=on those as well?
Give me your email

RaptureWS

Really???

I gotcha bro. Check your spam/junk too. Gore and PB first, Acid uploading as we speak.
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

pinata89

Quote from: jlaggot on Apr 02, 2016, 10:11 PM
Been away all day and i dont feel like reading through 100 pages of stuff. Can someone help me out?

1. Why did only a few songs leak and not the whole thing? I figured once the flood gates opened they would open all the way.

1. No idea...
2. Acid Hologram first, then later Gore and Phantom Bride
3. Vinyl rip

fitch

Quote from: fitch on Apr 02, 2016, 10:12 PM
Quote from: ConcealingFate92 on Apr 02, 2016, 10:11 PM
Really???

May I get in t=on those as well?
Give me your email

Sorry, that'd be helpful I suppose.
felloffthestage@live.ca

ConcealingFate92

1 A God Like user here has The Full álbum. So he give US our Christmas gift, 3 songs

2 Gore, Acid Hologram and Phantom Bride

3 Woukdyouknow
Always the same old taste, just a new injury...

jlaggot

Quote from: pinata89 on Apr 02, 2016, 10:13 PM

1. No idea...
2. Acid Hologram first, the later Gore and Phantom Bride
3. Vinyl rip

Thanks dawg

Mr Blonde

I'm not listening until I have the entire thing.  I already ruined DU and Pt