Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caín

Quote from: Moz on Apr 03, 2016, 07:07 PM
Next live show in russia chino's gonna shoot some poor soul in the foot

Some Russian guy just shot themselves in the foot. I don't know how much the rest of you know about Russian culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are a big part of it.

Moz

Quote from: MrVesanique on Apr 03, 2016, 07:08 PM

"Russian crowds are the best"

CM

;D

I take it he's never been in a holiday resort then

Moz

Quote from: Caín on Apr 03, 2016, 07:08 PM

Some Russian guy just shot themselves in the foot. I don't know how much the rest of you know about Russian culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are a big part of it.

Woa, cross-referencing NeoGAF memes? This is too much

sizeofanocean

I agree with the album being a grower... I just finished my 3rd listen all the way through and am now going back to replay those songs that didn't make a lot of sense on the first few listens such as Xenon, (L)mirl and geometric headdress. Really solid so far!! It's hard to describe but there is a vitality and energy on this album that hasn't been present since S/T or White Pony. I think Wook from theprp.com got it right that they sound like a band in a room jamming again. Album is loaded with layers and colors and stuff totally out of place on their past catalogue. Worth the wait... I was worried there for a while after the first 2 songs but now doomed user is one of my favorites. Weird how that happens. Sorry for the rant.

illthrowROCKS@U

9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

ConcealingFate92

Let me say something

My first rock show was in 2001. Guess who was there? Deftones, Rock In Rio. Since that day, i've buyed all albums, some merchandising, and really, i've been to EVERY SINGLE FUCKING show that you made here in Brasil, including last year Rock in Rio. Deftones isn't just a band that i like, it's my vice.
Always the same old taste, just a new injury...

Reichward

Okay so I ripped Hearts/Wires from the BBC show. I don't know what you guys heard from the vinyl rip, but this one is decent.
I like the song. Can't wait to blast the chorus in good quality when I get my hands on the CD version.

Vesanic

Thomprint

Quote from: Reichward on Apr 03, 2016, 07:15 PM
Okay so I ripped Hearts/Wires from the BBC show. I don't know what you guys heard from the vinyl rip, but this one is decent.
I like the song. Can't wait to blast the chorus in good quality when I get my hands on the CD version.

yo, dawg, let me cop that.

cvthedrv

Quote from: MrVesanique on Apr 03, 2016, 07:16 PM
Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Apr 03, 2016, 07:12 PM
Quote from: Moz on Apr 03, 2016, 07:06 PM
Quote from: jciraheta on Apr 03, 2016, 07:05 PM
ok i have to say it : i am chino 

I am omar rodriguez

I'm Meatloaf.

MATT DAMON

im STEVEN PATRICK FUCKING MORRISSEY, AND TOKIODRIFTER IS MY SWEET CHILD.

Substance Abuse

Not sure who tokyodrifter is per se, but whoever it is, shared 'Smile' with the forum the same day it got posted on Chino and the Deftones' personal pages. So... Wonder who it is, lol.

Reichward

beaverwithfishyshoes

sharinglungs

chino

dearthx1

Anyone get a bit of a "Pink Maggot" vibe on the beginning of "Rubicon"? Like when "PM" really kicks in.

BallZDeeP

So if that world premier happens today, is it going to be on itunes you think?

LG95

I could float here forever

LG95

Quote from: BallZDeeP on Apr 03, 2016, 07:21 PM
So if that world premier happens today
It's already happened.
I could float here forever

DEFinatelydeftones,fsho

Sorta glad i had trouble and gave up honestly......like everyone else almost, i want to hear it now but cant so i am excited for friday. reading all your reviews anyways and heightens my anticipation all the more! cheers and enjoy! LONG LIVE THE GREAT ALMIGHTY DEFTONES!!!! What i've heard already smashes last 2 albums IMO and i do believe finally i'll have a DT record to dig into again and absolutely love. Diamond and Koi burnt out for me a while ago accept a few tracks and moments. Great music but just can't fit it in with my vision of this band. been anticipating DT records since before ATF dropped. Love em all except like i said, DE and KOI ::)
Pushing you back but still you ain't goooooooooone!!!!!!

Reichward

Quote from: BallZDeeP on Apr 03, 2016, 07:21 PM
So if that world premier happens today, is it going to be on itunes you think?
Not sure. I remember that with Doomed User it was only available on youtube and itunes a few days later, whereas P/T got it all about an hour after airing.

But as the album release is only 5 days away I don't think it'll take much more time.

BallZDeeP