Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Gore

Started by therealdaebat, Jan 27, 2016, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reichward

Maybe ballad isn't the word but he's right when he means that tracks 5 have repeatedly been rather melodic songs since ST (maybe except Mein. (I often forget about this song)).

gwenudo

Track 8 has always been the darkest song in an album imo, with the exception of sextape.. Lucky you can be dark if you look at it that way...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was it like it seemed?...

Reichward

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 13, 2016, 10:05 PM
Track 8 has always been the darkest song in an album imo, with the exception of sextape.. Lucky you can be dark if you look at it that way...

I never looked at it that way. There are so many songs by deftones that are dark in different ways that I think "darkest" gets a bit subjective. "Heaviest" I can understand.

77years

Prayyyyyeeeeee -- ers

God damn that's great

laurapalmer

Quote from: illthrowROCKS@U on Apr 13, 2016, 07:10 PM
Yeah, I took my wife to a show in Atlantic City a few years ago and she almost got trampled on the very first note of the very first song.  It was kind of funny actually...  She's kind of petite, so she couldn't handle it.

Everyone was just standing there with the regular lights on cheering...  Then all of sudden the whole room just went totally black, couldn't see a thing, everyone went totally silent, and then BOOM comes in the first note of Diamond Eyes right as the show lights came on and everyone was all over the place.

I was at this show and that's 100% accurate. It was brutal in there. My girlfriend didn't make it through diamond eyes before retreating to the bar with other friends

gwenudo

pinata89

Quote from: gwenudo on Apr 14, 2016, 12:32 AM

Hahah what's this from?

gwenudo

sooniletugo

Sick of seeing comments from fans trashing the new album and following it up with "I can see why stephen carpenter wasn't happy with this album either." The media really blew the whole thing out of proportion, and people don't care enough to read beyond the headlines. Or maybe they did but just want to spin it their own way so they can say "Yeah, even Stephen agrees with me that this album sucks!" Was it all a publicity stunt by Deftones? Nah, I doubt it. But Steph is all over this album, and he clearly stated (in the same interview I think) that he was happy with the end result. If you just want to listen to Meshuggah, go listen to them. I don't care if people aren't feeling the new album, but so many of these comments are straight up bullshit, and they act like the band owes them. When it's the other way round if anything.

This doesn't apply to anyone here. Even those who aren't big on the new album have been decent and fair about it. I'm just seeing these same comments every time I look at Deftones posts on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc over the last few weeks.

gwenudo

Quote from: sooniletugo on Apr 14, 2016, 12:39 AM
Sick of seeing comments from fans trashing the new album and following it up with "I can see why stephen carpenter wasn't happy with this album either." The media really blew the whole thing out of proportion, and people don't care enough to read beyond the headlines. Or maybe they did but just want to spin it their own way so they can say "Yeah, even Stephen agrees with me that this album sucks!" Was it all a publicity stunt by Deftones? Nah, I doubt it. But Steph is all over this album, and he clearly stated (in the same interview I think) that he was happy with the end result. If you just want to listen to Meshuggah, go listen to them. I don't care if people aren't feeling the new album, but so many of these comments are straight up bullshit, and they act like the band owes them. When it's the other way round if anything.

This doesn't apply to anyone here. Even those who aren't big on the new album have been decent and fair about it. I'm just seeing these same comments every time I look at Deftones posts on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc over the last few weeks.
I made a whole post about my feelings towards that. They took his words out of context. I will say this though, this album, i hear steph alot i really do and i love it. And i know steph likes the album yes i know that too, but in my opinion, this isnt a deftones record, its more of a chino moreno album. Thats just me though, love the music and i love what stephen put down

sooniletugo

What is a deftones record though?  :P

gwenudo

Quote from: sooniletugo on Apr 14, 2016, 12:52 AM
What is a deftones record though?  :P
Heavy, Aggressive, DARK, yet ever so gentle and beautiful .. Basically S/T lol

sooniletugo

I feel ya. I was pleasantly surprised with how dark this was though, compared to what I was expecting. Definitely 'darker' than the last two albums at least although it all seems to be subjective.

B_S_79

A little late on this, but the chorus on P/T on Jimmy Kimmel was great. You hear way more Frank. The music sounded much better.

I've never been a fan of watching them on TV. The soundboard recordings never compare to when you're there, but damn, that chorus was huge.

pelican fly

Quote from: B_S_79 on Apr 14, 2016, 01:45 AM
A little late on this, but the chorus on P/T on Jimmy Kimmel was great. You hear way more Frank. The music sounded much better.

I've never been a fan of watching them on TV. The soundboard recordings never compare to when you're there, but damn, that chorus was huge.

They sounded awesome on both songs.

gwenudo

"My favorite song they play is guns razors and knives" .. Dont you mean Rocket Skates? "Which song is that?" - real convo i had with a "fan" back in 2012 when i saw them in Dallas

B_S_79

Quote from: pelican fly on Apr 14, 2016, 02:25 AM
Quote from: B_S_79 on Apr 14, 2016, 01:45 AM

They sounded awesome on both songs.

Looking forward to hearing more from this album live.

If they play GH at the Philly show I'll be satisfied.

Cullision

Anyone notice how much Chino sounds like Bjork on the song gore? It's exactly how she would sing the verses.

gwenudo

Quote from: Cullision on Apr 14, 2016, 02:32 AM
Anyone notice how much Chino sounds like Bjork on the song gore? It's exactly how she would sing the verses.