Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

White Pony Elimination - (Round 6)

Started by Ashtiel, Jun 01, 2016, 01:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashtiel

krook

I hate White Pony.

rainnyx4

All the songs left absolutely rule. Voted Pink Maggit only because it's the one I'm least often in the mood for. No idea how I'll vote after this.

LG95

Pfft, toss of a coin. All of this is brilliant.

RX Queen I think is probably my least favourite out of this.
I could float here forever

E-Money

Voted passenger just because I've seen it live so many times and would rather hear Korea or RX Queen at a show next time.

rainnyx4

I find it ironic that likely most of the dislike for Passenger stems from Maynard's appearance on it considering he, along with Chino, is one of the most iconic and beloved of metal frontmen. I'm sure the rationale will be something like "It's not a Deftones song." because of Maynard, which is dumb. Artists and musicians collaborate all of the time.

Sure, 10,000 Days sucked, but Maynard rules on Passenger (so does Chino).

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Jun 01, 2016, 03:40 AM
Sure, 10,000 Days sucked, but Maynard rules on Passenger (so does Chino).

I actually thought 10,000 Days was really good. The Pot is an awesome riff, and Right In Two is everything I love about Tool all in one song.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

E-Money

Kinda bummed teenager went so soon. One of my favorites.. I think digital will win.

Inkblades

Knife Party for me. Obviously a good song, but the other songs didn't steal their riffs from a Hum song.

rainnyx4

Quote from: Inkblades on Jun 01, 2016, 08:51 AM
Knife Party for me. Obviously a good song, but the other songs didn't steal their riffs from a Hum song.

I'm really tired of hearing people say this. Yes, both songs use the same notes for their main chords but they're implemented completely differently, with different strum patterns, tempos, and fills. And Little Dipper is essentially that one riff for the entire song while Knife Part has an actual chorus and bridge. If you think Deftones "stole" that song, you're an idiot, as you could apply that same faulty logic to a kabillion different songs.

Deftones are obviously influenced by Hum but they didn't rip them off.

Inkblades

Christ, dude, take it easy. I said it was a good song, but I have to vote for something here. Anyway, you think What Happened to You? is the second best Deftones closer, so I don't really care what you have to say anyway.

rainnyx4

I do, because it is. But Swords and MX kind of rule pretty hard too and Pink Maggit is pretty clearly their best. Moana is probably their worst closer. TPID, Riviere, and Rubicon were all great ideas but fall apart a little from the patented Deftones laziness.

And like I said, you're not alone in that dumb analysis of Knife Party being a ripoff of Little Dipper. I've seen other people on here make that same connection, which is a really bad one.

LG95

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Jun 01, 2016, 12:18 PM
I do, because it is. But Swords and MX kind of rule pretty hard too and Pink Maggit is pretty clearly their best. Moana is probably their worst closer. TPID, Riviere, and Rubicon were all great ideas but fall apart a little from the patented Deftones laziness.

And like I said, you're not alone in that dumb analysis of Knife Party being a ripoff of Little Dipper. I've seen other people on here make that same connection, which is a really bad one.
Ha fuck off.
I could float here forever

Inkblades

Quote from: rainnyx4 on Jun 01, 2016, 12:18 PM

Quote from: Inkblades on Jun 01, 2016, 11:58 AM
I don't really care what you have to say anyway.