Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Ohms: pre-release hype thread

Started by LG95, Feb 23, 2018, 11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaptureWS

Quote from: 976-EVIL on Aug 19, 2020, 11:23 PM
Quote from: Drop-Dead on Aug 19, 2020, 11:18 PM
Quote from: There Will Be Blood on Aug 19, 2020, 11:04 PM
Does anyone remember White Pony Pac-Man game or am I to old for you guys to remember?

still have it here :)

HOLY SHIT THAT TAKES ME BACK!
The nostalgia is real. In fact I still have the computer desk that I used back when white pony launched. I never beat it LOL. I didn't put a lot of time into it I just remember it being very frustrating.
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

Hidalgo

Does anyone remember White Pony Pac-Man game or am I to old for you guys to remember?

wai,t were there 2 different WP games? cause the one i beat was kinda like pac man, this one looks different, sorta like frogger

theataraxian

Quote from: Hidalgo on Aug 19, 2020, 11:37 PM

what were there 2 different WP games? cause the one i beat was kinda like pac man, this one looks different, sorta like frogger

there's footage of it on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IJZroEIfOY
death is the standard breach for a complex prize

Hidalgo

Quote from: theataraxian on Aug 19, 2020, 11:39 PM

what were there 2 different WP games? cause the one i beat was kinda like pac man, this one looks different, sorta like frogger

yea this is the one i beat. never saw that frogger one before

There Will Be Blood

Quote from: Hidalgo on Aug 19, 2020, 11:42 PM
Quote from: theataraxian on Aug 19, 2020, 11:39 PM

yea this is the one i beat. never saw that frogger one before

I never seen the frogger also only PAC MAN

Draken

If i'm not mistaken the frogger one was on the Back to School (mini maggit) EP enhanced cd...

RaptureWS

Let's get back to unsubstantiated claims and theories. It's fun. Also let me say I don't believe everything everyone says on the internet, especially in regards to stuff like this. 99% of comments and other shit like this is false. But let's just entertain it for a minute. For every 100 idiots that "leak" fake info, there's usually one or two that are right but no one believes. Maybe this guy is the 1%

So, thatdeftkid-the user that was in here telling us the cover art is not eyes and that the singles are coming Friday and another on 9/4. He posted on reddit yesterday stating the same thing. Someone asked for his "sources". He simply replied "It's obvious lol". It's not obvious, obviously. Friends with band? Record label? Could be anything.

He also made a thread titled 'Album ranking B4 Georg is dropped'. WTF is Georg?

Finally, he replied to a comment about the website updating. "Chances are they'll release Black Stallion with the new album like they did 'The Studio Album Collection' with Gore."

Looking through his post history, almost all of it is related to Car Wraps. Dozens of posts in the Car Wraps reddit. Looks like that is his profession actually. It could be a side gig/hobby, but it's unlikely he works with the band or the label if he is so into the wraps. Who knows though.

My point is, he didn't make the account simply to be a Deftones troll. He seems to generally use it to discuss his profession. Again, I know people lie on the internet all the time. But he has nothing to gain from lying. He says everything in a matter of fact way too. He doesn't really give two shits if anyone believes him. a single on Friday and again on 9/4 is a reasonable guess anyone could make. The artwork not being eyes is also a reasonable guess. But hey, who knows? I don't believe in much. I'm not religious or spiritual. As I get older I generally think people are selfish and terrible. I really want to believe this guy. We will all know soon enough. I'm gonna remember this comment and qoute it when it all turns out to be true. You know, for my big internet points.

EDIT-I don't think Black Stallion will release alongside the new album. He did not state it as fact either. Just a guess on his part. I just don't see that happening for a myriad of reasons. But the singles and details about the artwork? Seems plausible.
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

976-EVIL

Quote from: RaptureWS on Aug 20, 2020, 12:17 AM
Let's get back to unsubstantiated claims and theories. It's fun. Also let me say I don't believe everything everyone says on the internet, especially in regards to stuff like this. 99% of comments and other shit like this is false. But let's just entertain it for a minute. For every 100 idiots that "leak" fake info, there's usually one or two that are right but no one believes. Maybe this guy is the 1%

So, thatdeftkid-the user that was in here telling us the cover art is not eyes and that the singles are coming Friday and another on 9/4. He posted on reddit yesterday stating the same thing. Someone asked for his "sources". He simply replied "It's obvious lol". It's not obvious, obviously. Friends with band? Record label? Could be anything.

Finally, he replied to a comment about the website updating. "Chances are they'll release Black Stallion with the new album like they did 'The Studio Album Collection' with Gore."

Looking through his post history, almost all of it is related to Car Wraps. Dozens of posts in the Car Wraps reddit. Looks like that is his profession actually. It could be a side gig/hobby, but it's unlikely he works with the band or the label if he is so into the wraps. Who knows though.

My point is, he didn't make the account simply to be a Deftones troll. He seems to generally use it to discuss his profession. Again, I know people lie on the internet all the time. But he has nothing to gain from lying. He says everything in a matter of fact way too. He doesn't really give two shits if anyone believes him. a single on Friday and again on 9/4 is a reasonable guess anyone could make. The artwork not being eyes is also a reasonable guess. But hey, who knows? I don't believe in much. I'm not religious or spiritual. As I get older I generally think people are selfish and terrible. I really want to believe this guy. We will all know soon enough. I'm gonna remember this comment and qoute it when it all turns out to be true. You know, for my big internet points.

EDIT-I don't think Black Stallion will release alongside the new album. He did not state it as fact either. Just a guess on his part. I just don't see that happening for a myriad of reasons. But the singles and details about the artwork? Seems plausible.

WOW...Rapture is Sherlock Fucking Holmes! RESPECT the effort Sir!
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

There Will Be Blood

I didn't believe him from the start . I looked up his email and found his Linkedin and yes he works in a automotive company. Didn't add up and he's full of shit, Next post.

Fuzzheadup

I'm absolutely willing to be proven wrong - but why would they not be eyes, when they're clearly eyes?

Also, I agree that Black Stallion won't drop at the same time. The new album will need room for release, especially without touring.

theataraxian

death is the standard breach for a complex prize

Vesanic

Easy everyone. RaptureWS clearly is just excited like all of us. I don't believe deftkid but it's definitely strange how he comes out of the blue with this info like he means it. Unusual type of trolling.

Roidragee

It wouldn't be too crazy to assume a single this Friday, but I wouldn't buy that two singles are coming out when the album is close to coming out already.

There Will Be Blood

^ ^ has Tokyo been right about anything? Another guy I don't trust. sorry if I am wrong. Lol

tokyodrifter

Quote from: There Will Be Blood on Aug 20, 2020, 12:50 AM
^ ^ has Tokyo been right about anything? Another guy I don't trust. sorry if I am wrong. Lol

conspiracy!

Draken

^Well there was your answer ^

but now the post is gone... wtf

Roidragee

Quote from: tokyodrifter on Aug 20, 2020, 12:53 AM

conspiracy!
Can i have more lyrics please

There Will Be Blood

Quote from: tokyodrifter on Aug 20, 2020, 12:53 AM

conspiracy!

I don't trust you lol.

Inkblades

tokyodrifter's first post here was a clip of an Eros song so he's legit. Can't say the same for this other guy, although he's probably right about Friday (which is kind of obvious at this point).

There Will Be Blood

Still don't trust him.... Rumors would you like to make a appearance? I have summoned you!