Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Ohms: pre-release hype thread

Started by LG95, Feb 23, 2018, 11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkblades

Oh, tokyo also told us something was coming like a week before before Prayers/Triangles dropped.

Vesanic

Quote from: tokyodrifter on Aug 20, 2020, 12:53 AM
Quote from: There Will Be Blood on Aug 20, 2020, 12:50 AM
^ ^ has Tokyo been right about anything? Another guy I don't trust. sorry if I am wrong. Lol

conspiracy!

The Earth really is flat look it up

RaptureWS

Quote from: theataraxian on Aug 20, 2020, 12:41 AM
How Can The Album Be Real If The Eyes Aren't Real???

Maybe that's the entire point........to be misleading. Some sort of illusion maybe, IDK. They've been cryptic with this entire rollout though. I know it's a stretch to think there is more to this than meets the eye (SEE what I did there) but with everything else being so mysterious I think it's possible. Not likely, just possible.

I'm surely entirely wrong. But it's just fun to wonder. Maybe it's because I have two daughters. I've always encouraged them to embrace life and enjoy all the little moments as much as you can. Use your imagination, be creative. Be kind to everyone, no matter how they treat you. sure, I've also taught them that trust must be earned. Don't be gullible and get taken advantage of.
For those of you that have children, you probably understand my perspective a little better. It's like.......my kids are 13 and 17. Until a few years ago, we straight up refused to tell them Santa wasn't real. Why? Because it was *fun*. They've known Santa isn't real for a long time. My youngest knew it when she was like 7 lol. But they still cherish those memories of Christmas Eve. One night a deer walked in our yard, through the snow, on Christmas Eve and I recorded it. I told them I had a video of a reindeer. They knew it was fake, but I played the part so well. They have told  me it's one of their best holiday memories. Well, new Deftones albums are my Christmas. Always have been and always will be.

You need to be a bit cynical these days, especially online. But don't let it detract from your enjoyment of life :D
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

Draken

Vesanic, c'mon bruh....

Quote from: theataraxian on Aug 19, 2020, 11:20 PM
GUYS i've been dissecting the Kerrang! interview and i think i've finally cracked it

Vesanic

Okay screw you all I'm leaking it

Hidalgo

Quote from: Draken on Aug 19, 2020, 11:48 PM
If i'm not mistaken the frogger one was on the Back to School (mini maggit) EP enhanced cd...

cool, i actualy have that cd, but i thought it just had the WP EPK. haven't tried it in 15 years i bet. just check, my computer won't play the enhanced stuff now, but i know i used to watch the EPK on it. bought the cd in 2001. checked and my WP and S/T enhanced cds still work at least

Draken

Mine's in storage else I'd confirm it.

Quote from: Hidalgo on Aug 20, 2020, 01:29 AM
Quote from: Draken on Aug 19, 2020, 11:48 PM
If i'm not mistaken the frogger one was on the Back to School (mini maggit) EP enhanced cd...

cool, i actualy have that cd, but i thought it just had the WP EPK. haven't tried it in 15 years i bet

Draken

Nah screw that, I decoded it first... Tryna keep a brother down.

BallZDeeP

Vesanic

Way too late, see you tomorrow for another day of this

Cheers

There Will Be Blood

Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 20, 2020, 01:43 AM

Cheers

I'll take over for you Ves..... No leaks you little pink maggots or I'll ban you to hell!

Hidalgo

Quote from: BallZDeeP on Aug 20, 2020, 01:40 AM
Quote from: Draken on Aug 20, 2020, 01:35 AM
Nah screw that, I decoded it first... Tryna keep a brother down.

haha
oh you know my boy is gonna mention waves in the album

sharinglungs

If you look at todays website image, and compare it to the billboard eyes... they're pretty damn close to being complete... if it doesn't complete tomorrow I would be shocked... but it'll be friday 100% if not tomorrow.

Royal

Quote from: There Will Be Blood on Aug 20, 2020, 01:45 AM
Quote from: Vesanic on Aug 20, 2020, 01:43 AM

Cheers

I'll take over for you Ves..... No leaks you little pink maggots or I'll ban you to hell!

Lmfao !!!

mrpelon94

whats up peeps its been a while, excited for the new album.....what's up with the dots on the website?

theataraxian

Quote from: mrpelon94 on Aug 20, 2020, 03:02 AM
whats up peeps its been a while, excited for the new album.....what's up with the dots on the website?

This is a long explanation, so bear with me:

Deftones have been rolling out this viral marketing campaign that includes a cryptic image comprised of dots on their website. It fades into view after you sign up for the mailing list, and every day the image slowly changes. They've also been using Spotify's animated Canvas feature on key songs whose first letters spell out the-album-which-shall-not-be-named. So far, a bunch of us have been working on trying to decrypt the meaning behind the dot patterns, and after a ton of combined effort between SharingLungs, the DeftonesLive community, and the reddit community at r/deftones, we determined that the dots actually make up a complicated matrix that produces a morse code sequence. When decoded, it translates to "Don't smell your own farts." If you take the numerical value of each letter, add them all together, and then square it, you get the number 18006992837, which is actually the phone number 1-800-69-WAVES. If you call the number, there's a muffled recording of seagulls and dolphins yelling the phrase "TWO MORE HOURS."
death is the standard breach for a complex prize

976-EVIL

Quote from: theataraxian on Aug 20, 2020, 03:33 AM
Quote from: mrpelon94 on Aug 20, 2020, 03:02 AM

This is a long explanation, so bear with me:

Deftones have been rolling out this viral marketing campaign that includes a cryptic image comprised of dots on their website. It fades into view after you sign up for the mailing list, and every day the image slowly changes. They've also been using Spotify's animated Canvas feature on key songs whose first letters spell out the-album-which-shall-not-be-named. So far, a bunch of us have been working on trying to decrypt the meaning behind the dot patterns, and after a ton of combined effort between SharingLungs, the DeftonesLive community, and the reddit community at r/deftones, we determined that the dots actually make up a complicated matrix that produces a morse code sequence. When decoded, it translates to "Don't smell your own farts." If you take the numerical value of each letter, add them all together, and then square it, you get the number 18006992837, which is actually the phone number 1-800-69-WAVES. If you call the number, there's a muffled recording of seagulls and dolphins yelling the phrase "TWO MORE HOURS."

That about sums it up! LMFAO
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

MammothSound

Yes, I'm a decade long lurker. I rarely log in. Just want to be a part of the conversation. Don't scold me.  :)

Inkblades

RaptureWS

When people whisper it makes her nervous.